Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Ulloa - back to Brighton?

5 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

love the man but his time is up here . 

i think Ulloa staying and us maybe trying to sell Slim & Musa is got to do with CS being told we need to lower the wage bill. 

Slim and Musa both must be on a pretty high wage compared to Ulloa .

He's the Andy King of the strikers.

36 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

love the man but his time is up here . 

i think Ulloa staying and us maybe trying to sell Slim & Musa is got to do with CS being told we need to lower the wage bill. 

Slim and Musa both must be on a pretty high wage compared to Ulloa .

Maybe.

Several other possibilites come to mind for one or other of those guys.  

When you look at the squad dynamics, he has to stay surely?  He knows he isn't a starter and will be warming the bench for most of the season, if he signs a new contract and is happy with this then that's great.  

If Iheanacho comes then you would have to think that Vardy and Kelechi would be starters.  Oka, Musa and Ulloa as a rotating 3rd choice depending on the game and circumstances.  I don't see where Slimani really fits.  I'd like him to stay but can't see him starting every game and can't see him being happy with being a sub either.  I can totally understand why Slim would want away.

As I've said before. I'm probably being dramatic but it was wrong of him and his agent to try to demand a transfer on deadline day with only 2 fit strikers at the club (one being a winger).

I know Ranieri promised him this and that but I was always taught that two wrongs don't make a right. IMO he should apologise for that. I think the fans would be more than happy to welcome him back because of the goals in the Great Escape and the legendary goals like West Ham and Norwich in the Title winning season.

Christ, I was really hoping we'd move Leo and Shinji on this summer and bring in improved replacements. We're kind of doing it with Shinji by signing Iheanacho. Seems mad to choose Leo over Slimani though. Regardless of whether Slimani goes I'd have been looking to move Ulloa on and look for a better replacement.

Only reason I can see him staying is that there's no interest in him. He's had since he handed in his transfer request to line up potential suitors, which must not have come to light. It's easier for him to sign a new contract on bigger money and be a bit-part player for us whilst waiting for something to happen in the background. We need depth so it suits us for now as well.

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Don't see how Leo is going to be anything other than a bit part, if we are to have any kind of successful season. 

Maybe his hissy fit last season wasn't about game time but was about getting more money. 

Or maybe he spoke aloud about how bad Ranieri was while the others put up with it  until the owners released Ranieri had to go ? 

6 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

I love this guy, as far as I'm concerned he can stay at the club until he retires, I still think he can play an important role this coming season, maybe an FA cup winner :scarf:

In the 3rd round away at Macclesfield?

5 hours ago, MikeyT said:

Rob Tanner: 

Leo Ullo wants to stay at #LCFC. The striker hopes to sign new contract very soon.

It's a bit like finding out that the slimy smiling toe rag at work that thinks he is a bit of a ladies man ( when the truth is he makes the girl's flesh crawl ) has been promoted.

14 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

It's a bit like finding out that the slimy smiling toe rag at work that thinks he is a bit of a ladies man ( when the truth is he makes the girl's flesh crawl ) has been promoted.

I really can't see the parallel between those two scenarios at all. 

Archived