Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Boudebouz

15 hours ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

While you are absolutely right with that it's no secret that if Mahrez goes, we need to replace him with someone creative and talented; which of course the stats suggest. He might not be a success, but he had a very good season in France and should cost less than the next realistic option in Sigurdsson. Absolutely no imagination from our recruitment team though; going for another Algerian from France named Riyad. 

lollol

15 hours ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

While you are absolutely right with that it's no secret that if Mahrez goes, we need to replace him with someone creative and talented; which of course the stats suggest. He might not be a success, but he had a very good season in France and should cost less than the next realistic option in Sigurdsson. Absolutely no imagination from our recruitment team though; going for another Algerian from France named Riyad. 

There no 'i' in Ryad Boudebouz so maybe he's not as self-indulgent as our Riyad.

15 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I love looking at these things with all their pretty colours. But how reliable is it to compare stats across different leagues/countries? That's a dubious bit of research and is only a lose indicator of anything. Now if they were all in the same league that would be a different matter.

Not particularly reliable no, but I can't imagine any of the scouting team are using it. 

I know Sigurdsson is PL proven, but 50m? We could sign Boudebouz for 10-15m and he seems very capable playing out wide which is where all our creativity comes from.

13th in Europe for dribbles attempted: 141 attempted dribbles (http://www.football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2016/185/en/phone/index.html)

Biggest threat from out wide in Ligue 1: 70 chances created out wide (http://www.squawka.com/news/squawkas-big-statistical-review-of-201617-ligue-1-season/954242#04okIlvDskB6Jwp5.97)

Most creative midfielder in Ligue 1: 117 chances created

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

dont think so

does it matter?

It means I'm prob not that interested in this thread then. 

I'll go and you enjoy the dream :thumbup:

I'm still hoping we have a few people from the club occasionally having a look on the forum (of course it happens in all honesty) see this and at least have a look into him lol

...Ziyech as well

I just feel we need another player like this just to really give us that little bit of extra depth - and alike Iborra it's a decent price for what we could get from it :trumpet:

On 7/6/2017 at 14:57, lgfualol said:

Okazaki 14 chances lol that is truly dreadful.

LCFC having perfected this concept of “box to box defensive striker”, the position will henceforth be known as a “Leicester 10”.

No disrespect to Andy King of course.

32 minutes ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

I'm still hoping we have a few people from the club occasionally having a look on the forum (of course it happens in all honesty) see this and at least have a look into him lol

...Ziyech as well

I just feel we need another player like this just to really give us that little bit of extra depth - and alike Iborra it's a decent price for what we could get from it :trumpet:

I don't understand why the scouting department don't read FT everyday, our collective knowledge (of FIFA and Football Manager) surely outweighs them!! :nigel:

But he doesn't have the work rate needed. The biggest selling point to sigurdson was the fact he covered a lot of ground this year. Would rather buy him for £45-50 million instead of boudebouz even though ryad would cost less than 3rd of his price and has better playmaking numbers

8 minutes ago, KingsX said:

LCFC having perfected this concept of “box to box defensive striker”, the position will henceforth be known as a “Leicester 10”.

No disrespect to Andy King of course.

Or the more known nickname "he doesn't have much of an end-product but he runs a lot so it's OK"

2 minutes ago, the fox said:

But he doesn't have the work rate needed.

Fair point, i would hope we could build on his base game - did alright with Mahrez in that regard over the years (of course, again a slightly different scenario) But I can see what you're getting at - Javier Hernandez has been mentioned a bit as well for example and I personally think he'd never work here due to his injuries list and how we play our football, i could see him being more of a sicknote than Slim.

5 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

I don't understand why the scouting department don't read FT everyday, our collective knowledge (of FIFA and Football Manager) surely outweighs them!! :nigel:

lol - I still wonder if Everton gave up their FM databases for Steve Walsh's brain - or if they now do both :o

1 minute ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

Fair point, i would hope we could build on his base game - did alright with Mahrez in that regard over the years (of course, again a slightly different scenario) But I can see what you're getting at - Javier Hernandez has been mentioned a bit as well for example and I personally think he'd never work here due to his injuries list and how we play our football, i could see him being more of a sicknote than Slim.

lol I should've used :ph34r: , it was a dig at some people here that want all the players to be work horses.

1 minute ago, the fox said:

lol I should've used :ph34r: , it was a dig at some people here that want all the players to be work horses.

lol Haha fair enough, i was going to say that for me it didn't matter so much either if we've got the right balance :P

1 minute ago, the fox said:

He is now injured so it's hard to sign him 

Ah that sucks...i bet Ajax won't be keen on Ziyech going anywhere bearing in mind what's happened to that poor Nouri lad, oh and Everton are sniffing i just read somewhere as well - well that proves at least Steve Walsh still conducts some scouting on Foxestalk lol

Archived