Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Sam Clucas

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Which is why he's better than anything we have after Drinkwater and Wilf. He's not an attacking midfielder. He's a solid, dependable midfielder. The type, incidentally, that we'd been built on for years under Pearson.

Clucas would definitely be a good signing.

Shrewd, under the radar, in form & has impressive stats.

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Which is why he's better than anything we have after Drinkwater and Wilf. He's not an attacking midfielder. He's a solid, dependable midfielder. The type, incidentally, that we'd been built on for years under Pearson.

So he would replace Mendy, James or King? 

Just now, AmarteyAndChill said:

No one is gonna take King off us, bet he's being paid twice the amount of someone of his ability should. 

I'd agree with you there mate, like I said before about king, there's nothing loyal about not being good enough to leave.

20 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

So he would replace Mendy, James or King? 

James hasn't played Prem football for a long time. King is well down the pecking order. Mendy...I'll give you...we just don't know until we see a fully fit player. Amartey...don't get me started.

So yes, Clucas would probably be CM number 3 if we signed him.

I'll take him but think we can do better. I'd like us to sign someone that actually pushes Drinkwater for a place.. Maybe Mendy will turn his fortunes around. King and James are meh.

Had no idea he was 26, he looks younger. 

21 minutes ago, car1os said:

Why are we not in for someone like Will Hughes (Watford are in for him for £8M apparently) - he's not proven at Premiership level I know, but is a natural and gifted CM

Because he's the most overrated bang average player in years. Wouldnt even get noticed if it wasn't for his hair.

He is from Leicestershire area isn't he? If that is the case it may be a dream move for him. 

People are quick these these days to judge a player but you've got to look at the bigger picture. Yes it does seem a tad underwhelming but how many players have we signed with no "top level" experience that have turned out pretty well.

i also believe their is no age limit to progress hence Jamie Vardy.

8 hours ago, Col city fan said:

James hasn't played Prem football for a long time. King is well down the pecking order. Mendy...I'll give you...we just don't know until we see a fully fit player. Amartey...don't get me started.

So yes, Clucas would probably be CM number 3 if we signed him.

Do we need a cm no.3 or someone better then what we already have?

If we gets top class cm I can accept that it will limit the chances of all those players with question marks over them... to sign a no.3 who will rarely play and also stop us ever knowing about the others seems a bit pointless.

55 minutes ago, car1os said:

Why are we not in for someone like Will Hughes (Watford are in for him for £8M apparently) - he's not proven at Premiership level I know, but is a natural and gifted CM

Would rather Clucas than Hughes by a million miles. 

Again i appreciate people saying they're unsure on him but he was superb in a poor Hull side last year. 

Good utility midfield player and technically good. Not to mention the fact he outplayed our midfield in the game at the KP last year. Very much in the Yes camp for this one to give us more quality midfield depth. Could play centrally or wide. 

1 hour ago, car1os said:

Because he's absolute shit

11 hours ago, foxes21 said:

Well he was deployed as a DM the whole season, so I wouldn't expect his attacking statistics to be great. But to answer your question:

goals 3

assists 1

chances created 15

key passes 14

lol

He used to be a winger before last season so maybe he does have some attacking capabilities but was unable to show them due to his DM responsibilities.

You can't deny finishing 6th/8th for tackles/interceptions in his position & 4th in distance covered are impressive statistics.

When you are in a relegation battle those stats can be skewed.

Tackles and interceptions are likely to be high as you are defending a lot more than team other teams - as an average.

1 minute ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

When you are in a relegation battle those stats can be skewed.

Tackles and interceptions are likely to be high as you are defending a lot more than team other teams - as an average.

Like Kante, according to last season he was the only defending player we had lol except he defends better alone than any other 4/5 players put together so we won the league :D

Archived