Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

But it is still communist?

We're not doing as well as we were, after all, living standards are now falling. Even before that they were rising at the slowest rate in 60 years. If you're right about nei-liberal economics then I can only surmise that the Tories just aren't very good at capitalism? 

3 minutes ago, toddybad said:

But it is still communist?

We're not doing as well as we were, after all, living standards are now falling. Even before that they were rising at the slowest rate in 60 years. If you're right about nei-liberal economics then I can only surmise that the Tories just aren't very good at capitalism? 

Living standards have rocketed since they embraced free enterprise. You're not really putting up a good argument for your cause.

It’s no surprise that since it became fashionable to be complacent about workers rights and against unionism that we’ve had near a decade of falling wages while business profits are at record highs.

Those were hard won things and it’s amazing how people not only seem to be complacent about them but actually celebrate their demise. Turkeys voting for Christmas.

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Living standards have rocketed since they embraced free enterprise. You're not really putting up a good argument for your cause.

But now they're falling. And before that rising at their slowest for 60 years. You can't celebrate gains made between 1980 and 2007 but ignore the last decade. 

2 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

It’s no surprise that since it became fashionable to be complacent about workers rights and against unionism that we’ve had near a decade of falling wages while business profits are at record highs.

Those were hard won things and it’s amazing how people not only seem to be complacent about them but actually celebrate their demise. Turkeys voting for Christmas.

Most of the people willing to give away workers rights here are self employed. 

20 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Jesus you're boring. It's more than doubled in communist China!

lol The private sector makes up 75% of China's GDP. Liberalisation began in 78 and since GDP growth is at 10% annualised compared with 5% between 1960 and 1978.

Communist China lol

• Like 1

Just now, toddybad said:

But now they're falling. And before that rising at their slowest for 60 years. You can't celebrate gains made between 1980 and 2007 but ignore the last decade. 

Well we're still recovering from Labour's disastrous 13 years in office, the collapse in the Eurozone which they're only just recovering from and now a short term spike in inflation because of the Brexit vote. Under the circumstances we're doing remarkably well. 

5 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Who on here wants to give away workers rights?

6 minutes ago, KingGTF said:

lol The private sector makes up 75% of China's GDP. Liberalisation began in 78 and since GDP growth is at 10% annualised compared with 5% between 1960 and 1978.

Communist China lol

King. I'm talking to a dipstick. It amuses me. Leave me alone and stop ruining it. You lot take me far too seriously sometimes.

It's communist but now open to the world with private profiteering you wouldn't expect in communism. Then again the fact the state is so dominant yet it's economy is rising so fast is actually quite interesting in itself. 

Now leave me alone to my fishing.

9 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Well we're still recovering from Labour's disastrous 13 years in office, the collapse in the Eurozone which they're only just recovering from and now a short term spike in inflation because of the Brexit vote. Under the circumstances we're doing remarkably well. 

Labour's disastrous 13 years?

There was a bad policy in PPI (which already existed but was expanded heavily)and an illegal war. Beyond that it was probably one of the most successful government's of all time. Even your glorious leader Thatcher thought Blair was her greatest achievement.

4 minutes ago, toddybad said:

King. I'm talking to a dipstick. It amuses me. Leave me alone and stop ruining it. You lot take me far too seriously sometimes.

It's communist but now open to the world with private profiteering you wouldn't expect in communism. Then again the fact the state is so dominant yet it's economy is rising so fast is actually quite interesting in itself. 

Now leave me alone to my fishing.

Labour's disastrous 13 years?

There was a bad policy in PPI (which already existed but was expanded heavily)and an illegal war. Beyond that it was probably one of the most successful government's of all time. Even your glorious leader Thatcher thought Blair was her greatest achievement.

It's a relief to know even you don't believe the the drivel you come out with.

8 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I love how in your mind a global financial crash that was triggered by the blind, poorly regulated capitalism practised by unscrupulous private lenders looking to make easy money off toxic assets in the USA was actually the fault of an evil political party in England, specifically the evil political party largely credited with correctly diagnosing the problem and subsequently softening the blow of said crisis.  True in its current shape the Labour party would probably have achieved no such thing but you want to bring up the Blair/Brown years so let's talk accurately about them.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I love how in your mind a global financial crash that was triggered by the blind, poorly regulated capitalism practised by unscrupulous private lenders looking to make easy money off toxic assets in the USA was actually the fault of an evil political party in England, specifically the evil political party largely credited with correctly diagnosing the problem and subsequently softening the blow of said crisis.  True in its current shape the Labour party would probably have achieved no such thing but you want to bring up the Blair/Brown years so let's talk accurately about them.

Who created the regulation?

Just now, Webbo said:

No I think you'll find Gordon Brown created the FSA to regulate the banks.

I'm with you that the FSA was a load of useless bollox but you're stretching it if you're trying to blame them for not scrutinising the subprime mortgage market in the USA.

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

I'm with you that the FSA was a load of useless bollox but you're stretching it if you're trying to blame them for not scrutinising the subprime mortgage market in the USA.

But Mrs Thatcher ,who had been out of office for 17 years when the crash took place can be blamed?

48 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It's a relief to know even you don't believe the the drivel you come out with.

I believe most of it. I just like seeing how much shit I can get you to chat sometimes. It's too easy though. I only need "record unemployment" and I've got house again tonight.

3 minutes ago, toddybad said:

I believe most of it. I just like seeing how much shit I can get you to chat sometimes. It's too easy though. I only need "record unemployment" and I've got house again tonight.

Really?

8 hours ago, toddybad said:

I hear it a lot from fellow employees that I work with as well. Hearing an employee talking about how they support removing workers rights and aren’t bothered about wage growth or corporate tax evasion is quite mind blowing.

I know the alt right have already commandeered the word ‘cuck’ to describe liberals, but there is something definitively cucky about a person who will happily place the wants of big business above their own needs.

Edited by Rogstanley

7 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

@Mark I'd like to make a complaint about a mod abusing their power to make a non-consensual advance on me.

If Webbo had any integrity, he'd step down.

#Carltoo

8 hours ago, Webbo said:

No I think you'll find Gordon Brown created the FSA to regulate the banks.

.....and the community reinvestment act in the USA was made during Carter's administration. Most of these problems were exacerbated in the political sphere.

9 hours ago, Webbo said:

Really?

You have a stock 5 phrases you roll out in response to any and all occasions so you're really the wrong person to be preaching. You get given evidence of something and just keep parroting the same rubbish.