Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

4 minutes ago, bovril said:

Looks lovely.  Once had sautéed pigeon breast at a fancy restaurant in Paris and it was one of the best dining experiences of my life, a most under-rated form of poultry/game whatever you're supposed to call it, remarkable really considering how numerous they are and presumably easy to raise (I'm guessing it's their small size that prevents them being the staple food they were in days gone by).

22 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Looks lovely.  Once had sautéed pigeon breast at a fancy restaurant in Paris and it was one of the best dining experiences of my life, a most under-rated form of poultry/game whatever you're supposed to call it, remarkable really considering how numerous they are and presumably easy to raise (I'm guessing it's their small size that prevents them being the staple food they were in days gone by).

Ate Pigeon two ways as a starter at Hu Tong restaurant in Hong Kong. Cold, salted white meat and hot spiced red meat. It was absolutely outstanding. Also ate it with this view: 

Image result for hutong hong kong view

Looks back across the bay at all the Hong Kong skyscrapers. My favourite dining experience by a long way. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Better than the endless fake news cycle:

The Britain First group must be one of the most-strangest individuals around..Almost inhumane.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

2 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

Ate Pigeon two ways as a starter at Hu Tong restaurant in Hong Kong. Cold, salted white meat and hot spiced red meat. It was absolutely outstanding. Also ate it with this view: 

Image result for hutong hong kong view

Looks back across the bay at all the Hong Kong skyscrapers. My favourite dining experience by a long way. 

Give me a bag of chips while sat on the wall around the Cov city centre fountain over that foreign muck any day.

#englandtilidie #ProudOfOurPoets

Edited by Rogstanley
  • Haha 2

On 19/01/2018 at 22:00, toddybad said:

Just watched last night's question time. Can see with Matt hadn't added his usual post qt commentary. Government took a right bashing.

I've been away.

If you are talking about this is raises more questions about the beeb and how they are selecting their audience. 

Labour councillors now travelling 100 miles to get a primetime dig at the government over the NHS.

Edited by MattP

8 hours ago, toddybad said:

And people try to argue that labour aren't setting the agenda ?

Yes. This was hinted to in TMs first speech and.......

Steve Webb, a former pensions minister and now director of policy at the pensions company Royal London, said: “The last Conservative manifesto floated ideas of tackling firms who put executive pay and dividends ahead of the pension fund, and the Carillion scandal has given that new urgency.

Just now, Strokes said:

Yes. This was hinted to in TMs first speech and.......

Steve Webb, a former pensions minister and now director of policy at the pensions company Royal London, said: “The last Conservative manifesto floated ideas of tackling firms who put executive pay and dividends ahead of the pension fund, and the Carillion scandal has given that new urgency.

Get out of here with your facts.

24 minutes ago, MattP said:

I've been away.

If you are talking about this is raises more questions about the beeb and how they are selecting their audience. 

Labour councillors now travelling 100 miles to get a primetime dig at the government over the NHS.

Is that actually true though? Can’t find anything about it online apart from this tweet.

1 minute ago, Rogstanley said:

Is that actually true though? Can’t find anything about it online apart from this tweet.

Yep. Even posted it on her own page.

31 minutes ago, MattP said:

The Sunday Times made up this story half an hour before print after their main story of former cabinet ministers betraying state secrets to China got pulled and is based on one “unnamed source”. It’s fake news.

Edited by Sharpe's Fox

8 minutes ago, MattP said:

Yep. Even posted it on her own page.

Fair enough. The logical next question then is whether or not conservative councillor candidates have ever appeared in the audience. Actually, I can go one better, because it didn’t take me long to find this story of a newly elected conservative councillor appearing in the audience.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/news/politics/general-election/bbc-deny-question-time-bias-over-tory-councillors-1-4444582/amp

Edited by Rogstanley

11 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

Fair enough. The logical next question then is whether or not conservative councillor candidates have ever appeared in the audience. Actually, I can go one better, because it didn’t take me long to find this story of a newly elected conservative councillor appearing in the audience.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/news/politics/general-election/bbc-deny-question-time-bias-over-tory-councillors-1-4444582/amp

50 minutes ago, MattP said:

I've been away.

Both parties have obvious plants in the crowd. Same happened during the election. It's ridiculous but they're both at it. 

No, I was on about the audience's reaction to points against privatisation/outsourcing/tory handling of the NHS/tory handing of carillion.

Edited by Guest

10 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

The Sunday Times made up this story half an hour before print after their main story of former cabinet ministers betraying state secrets to China got pulled and is based on one “unnamed source”. It’s fake news.

The denials would be taken a lot more seriously if Momentum hadn't previously posted on Facebook the 49 MP's they wanted to deselect. 

Bizarrely they assume everyone else has just forgotten that.

9 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

It's occured numerous times.

No idea what username you were posting under back then but I'm sure someone mentioned that one you have posted when it happened.

The BBC needs to get a grip on it, the show is for members of the public to question politicians, not elected officials. 

6 minutes ago, MattP said:

The denials would be taken a lot more seriously if Momentum hadn't previously posted on Facebook the 49 MP's they wanted to deselect. 

It's occured numerous times.

No idea what username you were posting under back then but I'm sure someone mentioned that one you have posted when it happened.

The BBC needs to get a grip on it, the show is for members of the public to question politicians, not elected officials. 

The labour membership can select or deselect whoever they like. Momentum have no power on their own. The left has the support of the majority of labour members hence the fact the MEMBERS - not momentum - have voted for momentum backed candidates for internal positions. It's democracy in action for labour members to select candidates based on their beliefs. Surely you believe in voters taking back control?

6 minutes ago, MattP said:

doesn’t matter you can’t run a front page Sunday paper story on hearsay. Who is their “source”? Who is on the “list”? Who knows about the “list”? Who is the MP who knows about the “list”? Strange times when what you claim is the best paper in Britain has run out of journalists. Maybe we should get our news from Facebook after all.

Edited by Sharpe's Fox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Also just a reminder folks that only one side of the house calls for their colleagues to be deselected in a public domain, and it ain’t the opposition side

DQ_c_iXX0AAUIod.jpg

29 minutes ago, toddybad said:

The labour membership can select or deselect whoever they like. Momentum have no power on their own. The left has the support of the majority of labour members hence the fact the MEMBERS - not momentum - have voted for momentum backed candidates for internal positions. It's democracy in action for labour members to select candidates.

Sorry but this is so delusional I don't even know what to say, to claim Momentum has no power after the results of the NEC election last week is beyond laughable. 

Of course it's the members who'll decide the candidates, no one I don't think is denying that. That's the perfect way to pull off the deselections.

25 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Also just a reminder folks that only one side of the house calls for their colleagues to be deselected in a public domain, and it ain’t the opposition side

DQ_c_iXX0AAUIod.jpg

At least she was honest.