Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

Just now, l444ry said:

Not going over the last two years again Strokes. It's impossible to argue against emotion. The facts are there if you really wanna find them.

Which facts are you disputing? It’s not difficult, I made a reasonable post and you made a vague nonsensical reply and I’m asking for clarity.

Interesting look at the current views of tory party voters. Basically confirms that they're old, stupid and racist and will probably bring about the end of their own party. This probably isn't what Mattp will read into it. It genuinely is interesting reading to anybody though.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1016601113091592192.html

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Which facts are you disputing? It’s not difficult, I made a reasonable post and you made a vague nonsensical reply and I’m asking for clarity.

Lack of the basic understanding of the Just in Time system and how it impacts outside the Customs Union. Total ignorance that WTO terms require borders which impacts on Ireland. No point going on as emotion trumps reality to a Brexiteer.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Interesting look at the current views of tory party voters. Basically confirms that they're old, stupid and racist and will probably bring about the end of their own party. This probably isn't what Mattp will read into it.

Where does the article 'confirm' any of that?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Interesting look at the current views of tory party voters. Basically confirms that they're old, stupid and racist and will probably bring about the end of their own party. This probably isn't what Mattp will read into it.

They've been misled and lied to toddy. Focus on the pantomime clowns, toffs and spivs that are responsible. 40 years of EU bendy banana myths can't be wiped out in six months.  

1 minute ago, l444ry said:

Lack of the basic understanding of the Just in Time system and how it impacts outside the Customs Union. Total ignorance that WTO terms require borders which impacts on Ireland. No point going on as emotion trumps reality to a Brexiteer.   

None of which was mentioned in the post you quoted but I did mention the other day. Not much point in continuing if you can’t be arsed. You sound a bit too emotional to comprehend properly anyway tbh.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

None of which was mentioned in the post you quoted but I did mention the other day. Not much point in continuing if you can’t be arsed. You sound a bit too emotional to comprehend properly anyway tbh.

Classic evidence that it's pointless engaging a Brexiteer. Far too complex I fear. 

• Haha 1

Guest MattP
13 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Interesting look at the current views of tory party voters. Basically confirms that they're old, stupid and racist and will probably bring about the end of their own party. This probably isn't what Mattp will read into it. It genuinely is interesting reading to anybody though.

It confirms that where??

Although even if it did, I don't think any Labour voter can give a lecture on bigotry given what we get from you lot.

7 minutes ago, l444ry said:

They've been misled and lied to toddy. Focus on the pantomime clowns, toffs and spivs that are responsible. 40 years of EU bendy banana myths can't be wiped out in six months.  

I'm just so glad the remain side didn't tell any lies. 

I'm still reeling from the punishment budget the day after we voted to leave, at least that was the truth.

7 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Where does the article 'confirm' any of that?

I did kinda make the point others will read what they want into it. Tories are generally older, stupid in terms of less academic achievement (no I don't believe this is a measure of stupidity but this is a football forum not a bloody parliamentary select Committee so I reserve the right to seek bites), and racist because by a get significant margin they dislike immigration. None of this is exactly surprising. Go up north and grab a random bunch of twenty somethings and you'll find it hard to disagree.

Just now, MattP said:

It confirms that where??

Although even if it did, I don't think any Labour voter can give a lecture on bigotry given what we get from you lot.

I'm just so glad the remain side didn't tell any lies. 

I'm still reeling from the punishment budget the day after we voted to leave, at least that was the truth.

If, for a moment, you remember this is a football forum and so I don't need to react like a politician to everything, and so forget what I actually wrote and just read the thread, it's rather interesting don't you think?

Guest MattP
1 minute ago, toddybad said:

I did kinda make the point others will read what they want into it. Tories are generally older, stupid in terms of less academic achievement (no I don't believe this is a measure of stupidity but this is a football forum not a bloody parliamentary select Committee so I reserve the right to seek bites), and racist because by a get significant margin they dislike immigration. None of this is exactly surprising. Go up north and grab a random bunch of twenty somethings and you'll find it hard to disagree.

Not hard for younger people to be more "educated" when you send then to Uni to do dance is it? Back when all these thick old people were young you had to be in the top bracket to go.

Have you read any of the recent stuff that shows the IQ of people is now declining for the first time?

Suppose it depends on how you judge educated.

5 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Classic evidence that it's pointless engaging a Brexiteer. Far too complex I fear. 

I agree, it’s clearly too complex for you to engage with a brexiteer, you don’t have the capacity.

Guest MattP
7 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Weren't you the guy whose trousers fell down in front of room full of schoolchildren? 

Edit: think that was Ultra actually 

Edited by MattP

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

Not hard for younger people to be more "educated" when you send then to Uni to do dance is it? Back when all these thick old people were young you had to be in the top bracket to go.

Have you read any of the recent stuff that shows the IQ of people is now declining for the first time?

Suppose it depends on how you judge educated.

Again, you seem to be under the illusion that I'm giving you some form of challenge. It's an interesting thread about tory voters. I find it interesting and thought you might too. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on its conclusions given they seemed to be broadly in line with what people like yourself sometimes say. By all means continue raising things that don't interest me but I'm not really interested in anything beyond whether the thread is an accurate representation and where the Tories go from here.

Guest MattP
1 minute ago, toddybad said:

Again, you seem to be under the illusion that I'm giving you some form of challenge. It's an interesting thread about tory voters. I find it interesting and thought you might too. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on its conclusions given they seemed to be broadly in line with what people like yourself sometimes say. By all means continue raising things that don't interest me but I'm not really interested in anything beyond whether the thread is an accurate representation and where the Tories go from here.

What is your main criteria for defining someone as educated or stupid?

Just now, MattP said:

What is your main criteria for defining someone as educated or stupid?

You didn't read my response to Izzy did you?

I'm not interested. Is the thread, in your opinion, an accurate representation of where the Tories currently are? If not why not and, if so, where do they go from here?

3 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Then why didn't you ask that in the first place instead of calling Tory voters old, stupid and racist?

• Like 2

Because it's a football forum and I've had a few jars and people need to worry less about the crap we all talk in this thread. The content of the actual thread was interesting and it genuinely be interested to know whether anybody on that side of the fence views it as accurate. Why is everybody so eager to ignore the content and focus on the superficial? And I did kinda try to make that point in my original comment where it was supposed to be clear it was tongue in cheek ffs.

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Because it's a football forum and I've had a few jars and people need to worry less about the crap we all talk in this thread. The content of the actual thread was interesting and it genuinely be interested to know whether anybody on that side of the fence views it as accurate. Why is everybody so eager to ignore the content and focus on the superficial? And I did kinda try to make that point in my original comment where it was supposed to be clear it was tongue in cheek ffs.

I’ve read better apologies to be honest

• Haha 2