Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

Guest MattP
5 minutes ago, toddybad said:

You didn't read my response to Izzy did you?

I'm not interested. Is the thread, in your opinion, an accurate representation of where the Tories currently are? If not why not and, if so, where do they go from here?

Nope.

Do you think it's accurate that in the main Labour voters are lazy, scrounging bastards, dope smoking, economic illiterates?

Just throwing it out there for discussion as I've had a few jars. 

Does anyone else find it strange we basically have to pick a side, left, right, conservative, liberal.. This isn’t football, why do we have to stick by a side blindly. There are many out there that will stick by one party and always vote for them.

Yes we can vote for other smaller parties, but we always get told (from the beginning of young adulthood) that these parties never win so there’s no point voting for them. 

Identity politics seems to be rife, especially around voting time.

Sorry if this was random. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Shane said:

Does anyone else find it strange we basically have to pick a side, left, right, conservative, liberal.. This isn’t football, why do we have to stick by a side blindly. There are many out there that will stick by one party and always vote for them.

Yes we can vote for other smaller parties, but we always get told (from the beginning of young adulthood) that these parties never win so there’s no point voting for them. 

It's not really, considering this thread..

Edited by Wymeswold fox

1 minute ago, Shane said:

It’s swing voters that hold the power in elections, I don’t see why anyone would only vote for any particular party. You might as well not have an opinion.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Shane said:

Pretty much.

Way I see it, we're all human and one day it would be nice to get over the tribal instinct that makes us pick sides and (more damagingly) want to bash the "other" over the head with a rock.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

Way I see it, we're all human and one day it would be nice to get over the tribal instinct that makes us pick sides and (more damagingly) want to bash the "other" over the head with a rock.

Image result for never gonna happen gif

26 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Because it's a football forum and I've had a few jars and people need to worry less about the crap we all talk in this thread. The content of the actual thread was interesting and it genuinely be interested to know whether anybody on that side of the fence views it as accurate. Why is everybody so eager to ignore the content and focus on the superficial? And I did kinda try to make that point in my original comment where it was supposed to be clear it was tongue in cheek ffs.

Got to say after you flounced off the thread earlier this morning to return when I'm not around as you put it, your contribution was really worth waiting for.   lol

Edited by murphy
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Strokes said:

It’s swing voters that hold the power in elections, I don’t see why anyone would only vote for any particular party. You might as well not have an opinion.

I’d like to think it’s the informed who make up a large percentage of swing voters, people picking sides based on thorough research but I wonder how many swing votes are due to propoganda? I don’t know if theirs been any studies or evidence to show this. 

But I remember driving to the coast before the Brexit vote and seeing big signs on the side of the road about millions of asylum seekers in Turkey being able to live in the UK via the EU. 

To think how how many votes those signs must have swung.. 

Edited by Shane

39 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Because it's a football forum and I've had a few jars and people need to worry less about the crap we all talk in this thread. The content of the actual thread was interesting and it genuinely be interested to know whether anybody on that side of the fence views it as accurate. Why is everybody so eager to ignore the content and focus on the superficial? And I did kinda try to make that point in my original comment where it was supposed to be clear it was tongue in cheek ffs.

I’ll answer you, Toddy. 

In my opinion there are three main types of Tory: 

1) The Tory Establishment: mostly highly educated and rich; it is for these elites that the party exists, as a means of maintaining the status quo. Overwhelming royalist and Christian, not overtly racist but have a firm belief in their superiority over other races and the lower classes. 

2) Natural Tories: successful professionals, landowners and businessmen who are economic ‘winners’ and are better off under a Tory government. Probably more intelligent than the elites but less wealthy. Racist in the old-fashioned sense of ‘I wouldn’t want my daughter to marry one’. Hold traditional conservative values. 

3) The Stupid Tory: lower class, poor, uneducated, nationalistic, racist people who are easily manipulated by the Tory press into blaming all the shit in their lives on to anybody else but the government - the EU, immigrants, Jeremy Corbyn et al. These are the voters who actually keep the Tories a viable political force, while the reality is they are always better off under a left leaning government. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Buce said:

I’ll answer you, Toddy. 

1) The Tory Establishment: mostly highly educated and rich; it is for these elites that the party exists, as a means of maintaining the status quo. Overwhelming royalist and Christian, not overtly racist but have a firm belief in their superiority over other races and the lower classes. 

2) Natural Tories: successful professionals, landowners and businessmen who are economic ‘winners’ and are better off under a Tory government. Probably more intelligent than the elites but less wealthy. Racist in the old-fashioned sense of ‘I wouldn’t want my daughter to marry one’. Hold traditional conservative values. 

3) The Stupid Tory: lower class, poor, uneducated, nationalistic, racist people who are easily manipulated by the Tory press into blaming all the shit in their lives on to anybody else but the government - the EU, immigrants, Jeremy Corbyn et al. These are the voters who actually keep the Tories a viable political force, while the reality is they are always better off under a left leaning government. 

Funny how the left has abandoned it's traditional core and now sees the working class as stupid and uneducated. 

Such patronising arrogance.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

I’ll answer you, Toddy. 

I'd also be genuinely interested in your opinion on the three main types of Labour mate (if you don't mind?)

The amount of public service money wasted on this today will have been ridiculous. I have next to 0 interest in politics, most politicians are simply professional liars, people fall out, people look down on what other people's party they support if it's not the same as theirs. I know politics is massively important to the world. But I just couldn't give two shits for one of the biggest reasons being that you're simply never ever going to please everyone. 

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

Funny how the left has abandoned it's traditional core and now sees the working class as stupid and uneducated. 

Such patronising arrogance.

It’s an undeniable fact that they are less educated - not even up for discussion. 

They are not all stupid - and I didn’t say they were - just the turkeys who vote for Tory Xmas. 

13 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I'd also be genuinely interested in your opinion on the three main types of Labour mate (if you don't mind?)

Fvck that - I’ve got a rsi typing that last post on my phone. 

Maybe tomorrow if I can’t sleep and feel like rattling Murphy’s cage again.  :D 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

The Stupid Tory: lower class, poor, uneducated, nationalistic, racist people who are easily manipulated by the Tory press....

I think you did call them stupid.  And worse.

What has happened to the left that they sneer at the working class with such derision?  

Edited by murphy

10 minutes ago, Buce said:

Fvck that - I’ve got a rsi typing that last post on my phone. 

Maybe tomorrow if I can’t sleep and feel like rattling Murphy’s cage again.  :D 

Good luck with that. 

All these "compassionate human beings" are a bit too much for one day.  Almost toxic levels of 'compassionate human beings'.

1 minute ago, murphy said:

What has happened to the left that they sneer at the working class with such derision?  

Read my last reply carefully because repeating myself to you is boring. 

5 minutes ago, murphy said:

Buce said that!

How have you managed to quote it as me! lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, murphy said:

Good luck with that. 

All these "compassionate human beings" are a bit too much for one day.  Almost toxic levels of 'compassionate human beings'.

Man, people have been rattling your cage for entertainment all day. 

You are the gift that keeps giving. 

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

Read my last reply carefully because repeating myself to you is boring. 

Right, so you just mean that the working class that vote tory are stupid?  In other words if they don't agree with you they're stupid.  

And at the risk of repeating myself I will say it again, - sneering, noxious arrogance!.

• Like 1