Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Domsdad

Demarai Gray

He scored a fabulous goal against Manchester United too. No-one doubts his ability. But such OTT reaction for what is an occasional highlight.

One piece of brilliance or even a whole game doesn't negate the other evidence which is mixed even if being generous. 

It is one thing turning instantly and making mugs of a Polish Under 21 defence showing not the faintest idea how to mark on the edge of their box and quite another to consistently make a difference for an hour, as a starter, against people who will challenge with a lot more vigour and with no respite.

No, I'm not in any way negating the goal - there are mistakes to be taken advantage of in every game - but let no one pretend this sort of football is in any way indicative of what's needed in the intensity of Premiership football  It's simply an encouraging step and further encouragement for Chilwell too and his ability to perform as a genuine wing-back and with the vision to see the final ball.

I'm pleased ... delighted ...but I'm not kidded or convinced. Let's see a series of 7/8 performances in the real cauldron of regular league football. 

If someone like Kingy or Gradel had  scored such a goal in an Under 21 or Under 23 game - even in their upcoming years - everyone would have dismissed it as "to be expected" at that level.

The OTT reaction is like listening to the Algerian fans going on about Mahrez or Slimani. It's just a promotional exercise contrived from one excellent moment. Let's see some more first and some confirmation that the lad can perform at length and over time in the Premiership.

Interesting though, the link-up between the Leicester players and the fact that Gray turned up in a central attacking area.                        

The thing is he tries that sort of thing twice a game in the league when you don't have the time or space to do it. It's a great finish though and hopefully he impresses.

5 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

He may have scored via a deflection but Chilwells been the stand out for me.

Need to start phasing Fuchs out this season and bringing Chilwell in, yes when defending he has a few hicups but that will be ironed out when he gets more match practice at this level.

4 minutes ago, TheMightySystem said:

Need to start phasing Fuchs out this season and bringing Chilwell in, yes when defending he has a few hicups but that will be ironed out when he gets more match practice at this level.

With a proper pre-season he should get that. But yes, he's starting to look a good player, comfortable on the ball and always well involved and a genuine challenger with Fuchs' time at the King Power seemingly coming towards its last chapter. .   

Well done to the lad! Him and Chills have a field day with Poland today. It's a bit painful to watch our young Polish wood being chopped to pieces but I'm glad at least it's Leicester lads who do the job. No doubt the praise for Chills and Gray are due but I have to say that Poland are one of the worst teams of the tournament, so the bar is set really low for England today. Also the Polish coach Dorna is an absolute bellend, his personal decisions are shocking and he's so tactically inept it's baffling. Hopefully we'll see Cabbage before the final whistle although I expect nothing but a thorough and well-deserved spanking from this game.

Archived