Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Slimani

10 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Hope you're not going to pick on me Col because I disagreed with you.

I'll do my best to ride the storm though. Bottoms up. 

I think it's a genuine question.

I ****ing hate (Ironic) this world where if you don't agree with something it's 'hate', it can't simply be a disagreement or an opinion, no, it's 'hate', whether it be religion, politics (Which again ironically i'm sick to the back teeth of hearing of but I keep mentioning both alot atm) right down to everyday life and a football player.

Some people don't rate Slimani, Some people do, I'm sure there is the odd person that does hate him for one reason or another, but i'm sure generally the people you're claiming that hate him simply just don't rate the bloke.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think it's a genuine question.

I ****ing hate (Ironic) this world where if you don't agree with something it's 'hate', it can't simply be a disagreement or an opinion, no, it's 'hate', whether it be religion, politics (Which again ironically i'm sick to the back teeth of hearing of but I keep mentioning both alot atm) right down to everyday life and a football player.

Some people don't rate Slimani, Some people do, I'm sure there is the odd person that does hate him for one reason or another, but i'm sure generally the people you're claiming that hate him simply don't rate the bloke.

This...all day long.

People disagreeing with another's view, use the term 'hate' to make their own position stronger. They label you as a 'hater' to emphasise you are wrong.

Happens a lot on here.

21 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

I genuinely don't understand why people rate him. He's just a foreign Ian Ormondroyd. Another Ulloa. He's got very little quality but is good in the air.

He's the sort of player who would be an asset to a struggling side if you can put loads of crosses onto his head. He's nowhere near good enough for a team aiming for Europe.

We can do much better.

Yeah I mean it's totally ****ing unfathomable that people think the player who offers the most goals, assists, chances created of all our strikers per minute actually has something to offer.

Hate was being used in its new guise as unwarranted criticism.  Perhaps it would have been better to say stupidity; as in it is stupidity to slag off Slimani when stats and history suggest he has already been an asset and will only become a more important asset in seasons to come. 

Just now, ARM1968 said:

Hate was being used in its new guise as unwarranted criticism.  Perhaps it would have been better to say stupidity; as in it is stupidity to slag off Slimani when stats and history suggest he has already been an asset and will only become a more important asset in seasons to come. 

Indeed, when criticism defies basic logic or facts it makes you wonder where exactly it's coming from.

19 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Do you think we have even paid £28m, I presume a chunk of that fee was add-ons.

it was minus add ons, Sporting publicly releases all their financial statements, can't find it now but the reported fee in euros was accurate.

Honesty don't get the hate for him. Our fans are few and fair between in terms of player ability.. I mean come on some are happy with Andy King ffs lol

Slimani scored 9 in 19? Assisted around 7 in that too being injured for the majority of the season and going to AFCON? Imagine keeping him fit all season he's a 15-20 goal a season striker not to mention his assist. 

Keep for me.

Archived