Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Gray taking a dig at Claudio and Shakey?

25 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I agree.  And.  He.  Is.  20. X

Kids are perfectly capable of learning at 20. He doesn't need more excuse makers around him. He needs some sound advice and to adapt the right attitudes. Because, if he doesn't recognise and act on his shortcomings now there's no guarantee he'll do so tomorrow or any time before it's too late.  

37 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

We moan at players for being happy to just pick up a wage so we can't criticise the kid for wanting to play football. Imo he deserves a chance 

Every player at every club wants to be in the team. The manager can't pick them all, but canvassing doesn't go down well. Head down, maximum effort and trust that your actions will speak for themselves.      

Just now, Thracian said:

Every player at every club wants to be in the team. The manager can't pick them all, but canvassing doesn't go down well. Head down, maximum effort and trust that your actions will speak for themselves.      

Yeah I get that. Quite like that he believes in himself and has a bit of fire though. Just don't want him to leave and be left wondering what if we'd have given him a proper chance

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah I get that. Quite like that he believes in himself and has a bit of fire though. Just don't want him to leave and be left wondering what if we'd have given him a proper chance

He's had a lot of chances and not shown his best in most of them. What matters now is how he responds to the next chances and the attitude/improvement needed to make more of them.     

28 minutes ago, Thracian said:

He needs some sound advice and to adapt the right attitudes. Because, if he doesn't recognise and act on his shortcomings now there's no guarantee he'll do so tomorrow or any time before it's too late.  

Show me proof that this is not the case and I will agree with you 100%.  I am not annoyed if people offer direct evidence of his "bad attitude" or "poor performances" I am simply frustrated by people guessing and asserting their beliefs as facts.

And listen, if you cannae make a few mistakes at 20 then you may as well give up.  I was a complete spazmonger at 20 (still am) but doesn't mean I am a bad person.  As you say, and I agree with you fully "He needs some sound advice and to adapt the right attitudes."  and I would say that we cannot state with conviction that this is not the case.  I am sure he is learning and we will see this season if we notice an improvement.  If not, and you want to do it constructively, then by all means people can talk about him and wonder whether he is good enough but all this "sulky, bad attitude" stuff annoys me.  We have no proof of any of that other than people thinking he has a mardy face.

Good luck Demarai, hopefully next season you kick on. X

Quote   "I'm looking forward to next season with Leicester"    Quote    " Shakey has always been there for me at Leicester ...    I am happy with him getting the job and hopefully I will get more of an opportunity. "

Give the the lad a break ...    He just wants to play.

4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Quote   "I'm looking forward to next season with Leicester"    Quote    " Shakey has always been there for me at Leicester ...    I am happy with him getting the job and hopefully I will get more of an opportunity. "

Give the the lad a break ...    He just wants to play.

But but but, he looks sulky n that. X

“He always spoke to me one-on-one,”

“With him getting the job now I am happy with that and hopefully I will get more of an opportunity. I have to train properly and get my chance… I’m looking forward to the next season with Leicester. Right now I want to progress in this tournament.”

“I thought I was ready last season but sometimes you have to be patient,”

“Any opportunity you get you’ve got to try and express yourself. All I can do is what I did against Poland and carry it into the next game. Next season is not here for me yet, but I just want to keep up my performances like that.”

“I was on the bench a lot last season and it was frustrating,”

“It was one of those things. I kind of kept myself motivated with this tournament. I didn’t start the first two games (of the group) but I have had to apply myself…I want to express myself as much as I can. I don’t feel like I have been able to do that as much as I want.

“Their achievement was massive and kind of gave us motivation and to follow in their footsteps,”

“They are younger and to win something so big was nice to see. We saw their celebrations and we want the same celebrations here.

“The young England generation has some very, very good players. Hopefully there are opportunities given to all the lads coming up from Under-17 onwards. The future is bright for England…Managers have to trust you and give you a chance. If they do we will have more English talent coming on show.”

Above are the actual quotes from Demarai with any click bait headlines and journalist's views removed.  If someone wants to quote the bits to me where he has said anything even slightly d1ckish I would be interested to hear.  In fact, the points about young English players are pretty much what every armchair tw@t on this forum says every week.  Yes, he mentiones frustrations but he also talks about working to overcome them.  And remember, he is a 20 yeah old lad forced to answer questions by a journalist.  Who of us would give 100% perfect answers under the same scenario.  If I was interviewed at that age I would have come across as an absolute nobwanger of the highest degree.  "Lord Tw@tto talks about girls, mumbles something about his mum and dad and then goes red and cries" might have been an apt title for an interview with a 20 year old Rumble.

X

12 hours ago, stevelcfc said:

Easy to say Mahrez was shit when he was being marked by 3 men all game but demmi did **** all at nearly every opportunity he was given

If Mahrez doesn't like being maked by three men then maybe he should take up another sport.

How do you rekon Hazard, Sanchez and Mane get on? They get three men on them every game.

Mahrez is undoubtedly more of a game winner, but playing Mahrez almost to the exclusion of Gray in the last six games of last season seemed strange to me.

At least give Gray a little more game time, since without CL football it seemed very likely Mahrez would be off, and Gray needed the experience much more. 

So I kind of agree with Gray. The league attracts the world's best. And you're only going to get to the highest level actually playing there.

On the other hand, Gray isn't blameless. Surely Chilwell and Gray have roughly had the same amount of opportunities and Chilwell seems to have taken his better.

But if he's arguing for more of a chance, and puts the effort in off the pitch, I'm all for us focusing on our young talent.

Can't blame him to be honest, at least he wants to play for the team and not just take his paycheck sitting on the bench. Although he does need to learn how to take his chance when given it. He just tries too hard and that is to his detriment 

53 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Show me proof that this is not the case and I will agree with you 100%.  I am not annoyed if people offer direct evidence of his "bad attitude" or "poor performances" I am simply frustrated by people guessing and asserting their beliefs as facts.

And listen, if you cannae make a few mistakes at 20 then you may as well give up.  I was a complete spazmonger at 20 (still am) but doesn't mean I am a bad person.  As you say, and I agree with you fully "He needs some sound advice and to adapt the right attitudes."  and I would say that we cannot state with conviction that this is not the case.  I am sure he is learning and we will see this season if we notice an improvement.  If not, and you want to do it constructively, then by all means people can talk about him and wonder whether he is good enough but all this "sulky, bad attitude" stuff annoys me.  We have no proof of any of that other than people thinking he has a mardy face.

Good luck Demarai, hopefully next season you kick on. X

"Proof" doesn't come into it right now.

I'm reflecting my observations but whether the "evidence" which has struck me would be the least bit persuasive to you is probably as doubtful as suggesting any Liverpool fan would become a Leicester fan due to anything I said. It would be very unlikely.

But as someone who truly hopes everyone at our club does well, I entirely stand by my views on the lad as having considerable ability but various shortcoming i relation to performance and attitude  which have all been detailed ,

I don't really care about whether he sulks or not - who's cheerful about not being on the pitch?

But maybe a happier demeanour would actualy help his cause rather than  the other way around, particularly when he seems to be needing all the help he can get.

As for "making mistakes" at any age, that's not the problem. The problems arise if you don't first recognise mistakes and learn from them if you're lucky enough to get the chance.

Because if you don't then talent can easily go to waste. As any football follower will tell you,  with all the proof you need.            

13 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Well, his actual quote says:

"Shakey (Craig Shakespeare, Leicester manager) has always been there for me at Leicester. He always spoke to me one on one. With him getting the job now I am happy with that and hopefully I will get more of an opportunity."

So no.

Glad this was posted as half the papers didn't pick up on this quote! He's staying and speaking to a few people at Birmingham who know him well are saying he's got good ambition but his feet are firmly on the ground! He knows he has to work hard

I don't think he's particularly referring to himself. If you look at the England U21 team how many are regular first teamers for their parent clubs?

Pickford, Ward-Prowse, Redmond and Mawson, as well as our lads. The rest and either on loan or used very sparingly 

3 hours ago, Thracian said:

Albrighton's a great example. Starting or sat on the bench you know he's 100% with the team and even if he has an indifferent game, he's seen to be indifferent and still gets involved to the full.

His head doesn't drop and if he gets taken off he doesn't sulk or complain but gives his best the next time out.

Chilwell's been the same at a different stage of his career. He knows when he's made mistakes as much as us spectators, but no matter what's happened, he stays involved and supporting his team-mates.

Times I've seen Gray come on and look busy for 25 minutes but then fade out to the point you hardly know he's there either because something's gone wrong, because he's having a hard time against a decent opponent or out of frustration for one reason or another or perhaps even because he's lost some strength or explosive power.

These are the mental and physical situations he has to overcome just the same as the disappointments every player suffers at some time or for some reason.

Tough opponent for instance? Stay wide, draw your "tough opponent" away from his colleagues and pass the ball quickly into any space he might leave.

Keep doing that accurately and at least it might make something happen for others and perhaps put enough hesitation in the opponents mind to make an important bit of space for yourself.

Afterwards, try to understand why you found it hard to personally get the better of your opponent and ask yourself what might be done about it. With both responses you'll have been positive, made something of the situation and come away with a determination to improve further.

It's no use getting down and no use quitting because, if you do, those characteristics will remain a weakness wherever you go. And every player faces those situations.            

:appl:

Personally I'd like to see him get his chance on the left with Chilwell behind him and Mahrez on the right with Albrighton behind him. This would stretch teams more making more space for others to get forward. But it really depends on how Shakey sees us playing next season. 

I'm sure he'll get more game time next season especially if Mahrez goes.

19 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Well, his actual quote says:

"Shakey (Craig Shakespeare, Leicester manager) has always been there for me at Leicester. He always spoke to me one on one. With him getting the job now I am happy with that and hopefully I will get more of an opportunity."

So no.

Exactly. Typical Talk crap making something out of nothing.

11 hours ago, Thracian said:

"Proof" doesn't come into it right now.

I'm reflecting my observations but whether the "evidence" which has struck me would be the least bit persuasive to you is probably as doubtful as suggesting any Liverpool fan would become a Leicester fan due to anything I said. It would be very unlikely.

But as someone who truly hopes everyone at our club does well, I entirely stand by my views on the lad as having considerable ability but various shortcoming i relation to performance and attitude  which have all been detailed ,

I don't really care about whether he sulks or not - who's cheerful about not being on the pitch?

But maybe a happier demeanour would actualy help his cause rather than  the other way around, particularly when he seems to be needing all the help he can get.

As for "making mistakes" at any age, that's not the problem. The problems arise if you don't first recognise mistakes and learn from them if you're lucky enough to get the chance.

Because if you don't then talent can easily go to waste. As any football follower will tell you,  with all the proof you need.            

Hi there

I apologise if I did not make my point clearly but I feel you have misunderstood.  I don't necessarily disagree with a lot of what you said what I disagree with is the fact that the title of this thread is "Gray taking a dig at Claudio and Shakey?" and then many folk go on to say things like he should grow up or stop whining when absolutely no part of the article comes across as whiny and the answer to is "Gray taking a dig at Claudio and Shakey?" is clearly "No.  No he isn't".

I have no issue with yourself arguing that he needs to improve ( I would probably say that he is still young and maybe needs a little more slack and let's see how he does this season but happy to debate that and glad that people have opposing views) I just wish people would talk reasonably, and not make stuff up.

As I said, we haven't had a young English player playing and scoring for the U21s for a long time and it seems a little bit of a shame to twist his quotes and make him into something he probably isn't.

Rumble

X

Archived