Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Gray taking a dig at Claudio and Shakey?

I think it was quite a good interview, he was clearly bruised by not getting picked in the first 2 games. He is right on the edge of being a real star, and even his critics (of which I'm one) know he has the quality to become a top player.

We could have the left side of the England XI sorted in a few years, if we handle this well. We live in extraordinary times.

17 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

“He always spoke to me one-on-one,”

“With him getting the job now I am happy with that and hopefully I will get more of an opportunity. I have to train properly and get my chance… I’m looking forward to the next season with Leicester. Right now I want to progress in this tournament.”

“I thought I was ready last season but sometimes you have to be patient,”

“Any opportunity you get you’ve got to try and express yourself. All I can do is what I did against Poland and carry it into the next game. Next season is not here for me yet, but I just want to keep up my performances like that.”

“I was on the bench a lot last season and it was frustrating,”

“It was one of those things. I kind of kept myself motivated with this tournament. I didn’t start the first two games (of the group) but I have had to apply myself…I want to express myself as much as I can. I don’t feel like I have been able to do that as much as I want.

“Their achievement was massive and kind of gave us motivation and to follow in their footsteps,”

“They are younger and to win something so big was nice to see. We saw their celebrations and we want the same celebrations here.

“The young England generation has some very, very good players. Hopefully there are opportunities given to all the lads coming up from Under-17 onwards. The future is bright for England…Managers have to trust you and give you a chance. If they do we will have more English talent coming on show.”

Above are the actual quotes from Demarai with any click bait headlines and journalist's views removed.  If someone wants to quote the bits to me where he has said anything even slightly d1ckish I would be interested to hear.  In fact, the points about young English players are pretty much what every armchair tw@t on this forum says every week.  Yes, he mentiones frustrations but he also talks about working to overcome them.  And remember, he is a 20 yeah old lad forced to answer questions by a journalist.  Who of us would give 100% perfect answers under the same scenario.  If I was interviewed at that age I would have come across as an absolute nobwanger of the highest degree.  "Lord Tw@tto talks about girls, mumbles something about his mum and dad and then goes red and cries" might have been an apt title for an interview with a 20 year old Rumble.

X

It's a blatant if veiled "I'm not getting enough games," statement. A perfectly understandable sentiment but irritating to other players in the squad who also want to play but just dig in there and wait their chance. 

I want his football to improve and do the talking instead. The Under 21 match is encouraging but it's a one-off and a long way from being the consistent demands of The Premiership so it doesn't kid me and it shouldn't kid anyone else.

On 6/23/2017 at 17:11, Kitchandro said:

Well, his actual quote says:

"Shakey (Craig Shakespeare, Leicester manager) has always been there for me at Leicester. He always spoke to me one on one. With him getting the job now I am happy with that and hopefully I will get more of an opportunity."

So no.

In all honesty can we believe any quote from any player, when he's at the mercy of a manager for his playing time?

4 hours ago, Thracian said:

It's a blatant if veiled "I'm not getting enough games," statement. A perfectly understandable sentiment but irritating to other players in the squad who also want to play but just dig in there and wait their chance. 

I want his football to improve and do the talking instead. The Under 21 match is encouraging but it's a one-off and a long way from being the consistent demands of The Premiership so it doesn't kid me and it shouldn't kid anyone else.

Who are you arguing with here?  x

On Saturday, June 24, 2017 at 09:36, the fox said:

Gray tried to be the "mahrez" of the team (they guy who has the freedom to try different things) while mahrez is still here. You have a job that you need to do and you should just keep your head down and do the best you can to be a team player instead of blasting the ball to the stands.

I think the frustration comes from him thinking that him and riyad or on equal footing. Riyad has gained the benefit of the doubt and has a big margin of error because of the 2015-2016 season (especially in the second half when he slowed down but still managed to pull the winning goal inmatchs like palace and Watford away)

He needs to understand one thing, a goal would do good for your confidence. But a good run for a teammate or an assist would do wonders for the team chemistry and manager trust. Just show that you can put the team's interest as priority and the playing time will come organically!

If it was up to me, I would get another young player with more flexibility to invest time and build around. There are a lot of young players out there that would be more than happy to wait for their turn the right way and have that spark, the ability to change a game

For what I can tell, gray thinks he is better than he actually is. It's not the management fault that you are blasting it from 35 yards every time you get a decent chance. For me, the Sunderland game said it all. Gray started and Marc sat. on the bench without saying anything, and after gray did nothing, albrighton just came in, got two assists and the MOTM. Its was like a man teaching a boy how its done the proper way, the "that's how it's done, rook!". Needles to say, I gained a lot of respect for albrighton the professional, a proper football player.

You dont know him, you are judging him on the false press, most likely within this forum...

He is a boy learning, he admits he might need time, but with right wants and asks for more game time.

Then posters, want to hang him for it cos they 'Think he is arrogant'.......

I for one Hope he is arrogant, because all his Type....Need to be Arrogant (in a good way).

If some posters could notice, they are arrogant in the criticism of our technical gifted players...jealousy perhaps?? 

He, like other players cant run away from reporters, the have no interview skills, and are often too honest...

Well if I was their age..and a profi sportsman..I would be pushing my trainer and club..

Sometime The question will come, do you "want"  1st team football

(First a stupid question) Then the different reporters  and journalist and some dumbbacker fans, will twist the guys

Answers to fit their own opinion and...."AGENDAS"

Get off his back, hes a young lad, who has a full career in front of him, who needs to prove himself....

And is still worried himself what lies ahead and before him....including the question  'am I good enough'..

Hes has shown he is no moaning minnie, but stated expectations he has of himself and from club...

Hoooo   bloody arrrrayyyy!!!!

50 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

You dont know him, you are judging him on the false press, most likely within this forum...

He is a boy learning, he admits he might need time, but with right wants and asks for more game time.

Then posters, want to hang him for it cos they 'Think he is arrogant'.......

I for one Hope he is arrogant, because all his Type....Need to be Arrogant (in a good way).

If some posters could notice, they are arrogant in the criticism of our technical gifted players...jealousy perhaps?? 

He, like other players cant run away from reporters, the have no interview skills, and are often too honest...

Well if I was their age..and a profi sportsman..I would be pushing my trainer and club..

Sometime The question will come, do you "want"  1st team football

(First a stupid question) 

Answers to fit their own opinion and...."AGENDAS"

Get off his back, hes a young lad, who has a full career in front of him, who needs to prove himself....

And is still worried himself what lies ahead and before him....including the question  'am I good enough'..

Hes has shown he is no moaning minnie, but stated expectations he has of himself and from club...

Hoooo   bloody arrrrayyyy!!!!

But you could notice that I used words like "I think" and "for what I can tell" when I criticised him. Like I said, my opinion is of a stranger looking in. I don't know him as a person so I can only judge him by what I saw. And let's just say, he isn't helping his case.

I'm not the only one to have that opinion, I have nothing against the man(or the player for that matter). Is it too hard to ask a young player to wait his turn? Look at Ben, no one has a bad thing to say about him. He kept his head down after a good or a bad performance. People like that, I liked that. 

Ben's career now is in a better place than gray's, he preformed better and rarely disappointed, and yet he never complained about being benched after a good game.

For me, you can't expect me to look at gray the same way I look at Marc or ben (two of my absolute favourite players in the squad) after his social media "actions". Some people won't be as forgiving to bad performances compared to ben and Marc. If you claim to be that good, people would judge you as such.

(Disclaimer: I could be right or I could be wrong, who knows?)

To solve the situation on the wing, we should

a) Find a way to motivate Mahrez to get back to his old self (the 2015/2016 version)

b) Find a way to motivate Gray to play less selfishly on the pitch when he does feature

c) Get another (very good) winger in to add competition

It's part down to man management, but also down to both players (Mahrez and Gray) to take their head out of the sand and improve again.

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

To solve the situation on the wing, we should

a) Find a way to motivate Mahrez to get back to his old self (the 2015/2016 version)

b) Find a way to motivate Gray to play less selfishly on the pitch when he does feature

c) Get another (very good) winger in to add competition

It's part down to man management, but also down to both players (Mahrez and Gray) to take their head out of the sand and improve again.

If Lawrence isn't up to it, then I completely agree. We need another winger for depth, even if Mahrez stays.

Find it hard to disagree with him. I like Gray - he's evidently very, very talented. He's got all the ingredients to be a PL start but is far from the finished article. Staying with us, rather trying an upwards leap is the way to deal with that. But we have to give him the pitch time to develop. I think he's contributed well enough this season but his decision making is piss poor sometimes. If he works on that and keeps his head in check, he'll have a good career in the PL.

5 hours ago, the fox said:

But you could notice that I used words like "I think" and "for what I can tell" when I criticised him. Like I said, my opinion is of a stranger looking in. I don't know him as a person so I can only judge him by what I saw. And let's just say, he isn't helping his case.

I'm not the only one to have that opinion, I have nothing against the man(or the player for that matter). Is it too hard to ask a young player to wait his turn? Look at Ben, no one has a bad thing to say about him. He kept his head down after a good or a bad performance. People like that, I liked that. 

Ben's career now is in a better place than gray's, he preformed better and rarely disappointed, and yet he never complained about being benched after a good game.

For me, you can't expect me to look at gray the same way I look at Marc or ben (two of my absolute favourite players in the squad) after his social media "actions". Some people won't be as forgiving to bad performances compared to ben and Marc. If you claim to be that good, people would judge you as such.

(Disclaimer: I could be right or I could be wrong, who knows?)

So!!!   Why start and Follow  up the negative.???   

I remember bis first few games under Claudio, where some fans critiscised Gray for driving too far forward,

But x you seen Claudio, and Shakey on TV  telling Him to stay forward, and to take his man on.

He lost v the ball a couple of times, in a short pause, Claudio put his arm around him c and shakey patted on the back,

Encouraging him to be...greedy..

So the rest of his games, I assume his driving and greedy style, was encouraged.In fact he fell back deep made a good tackle,

With a thumbs up from Claudio, and 2 minutes later ! Claudio had his head in his hand cos DD, didnt feed him for a breakaway.

Then end of Feb, Gray Didnt feed the ball to Vardy, and both Shakey and C laudio ( one of Claudios last games), first thumbs up

But, this times both looked at him and gestured ' use your eyes"...So there is/was for Gray from zhe bench , it seemed an

attacking expectation, and expected failure, was indicated from the touchline. TV does give some good perspectives...

Sometimes!!

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

So!!!   Why start and Follow  up the negative.???   

I remember bis first few games under Claudio, where some fans critiscised Gray for driving too far forward,

But x you seen Claudio, and Shakey on TV  telling Him to stay forward, and to take his man on.

He lost v the ball a couple of times, in a short pause, Claudio put his arm around him c and shakey patted on the back,

Encouraging him to be...greedy..

So the rest of his games, I assume his driving and greedy style, was encouraged.In fact he fell back deep made a good tackle,

With a thumbs up from Claudio, and 2 minutes later ! Claudio had his head in his hand cos DD, didnt feed him for a breakaway.

Then end of Feb, Gray Didnt feed the ball to Vardy, and both Shakey and C laudio ( one of Claudios last games), first thumbs up

But, this times both looked at him and gestured ' use your eyes"...So there is/was for Gray from zhe bench , it seemed an

attacking expectation, and expected failure, was indicated from the touchline. TV does give some good perspectives...

Sometimes!!

I'm not even talking about his on the pitch performance (many can have a field day with his flaws lol) i'm talking about his personality and attitude.

I don't mind him being a fringe/squad player if he doesn't develop. But, i'm looking at the big picture. Can he be the team's best player in the future? So far, I don't think so.

The club is built on investing in the player/person instead of the talent, many players here were unwanted by other teams but flourished in this culture.

For me, you are even a squad player (a la simmo, Marc, fuchs...etc) or a game changer (a la vardy, mahrez and Kasper). And sadly (IMO) he doesn't have the personality of a squad player, nor the pure ability like the team's game changers (and what I mean by pure talent is, not potential, but the amount of talent converted on the pitch)

It may sound harsh but like I said, I'm going off what I say. So, if i'm wrong about him then, my bad:thumbup:

I await Gray's fourth thread this month where we contemplate if the colour of Gray's new car represents the requisite level of Premier League commitment and if buying a Ferrari is both a nod to Ranieri and a slight at Shakespeare.

2 goals in 2 games starting as a striker for England U21s (who have used him there a lot previously) in this tournament, maybe we already have that elusive "number 10" we're looking for but need to stop thinking of him as a winger

17 hours ago, Jimmy said:

2 goals in 2 games starting as a striker for England U21s (who have used him there a lot previously) in this tournament, maybe we already have that elusive "number 10" we're looking for but need to stop thinking of him as a winger

We seem to have a management team pretty stuck in their ways with regards to player positions. Amartey seems to shine at centre back but is apparently our go to back up central midfielder.

21 hours ago, filbertway said:

We seem to have a management team pretty stuck in their ways with regards to player positions. Amartey seems to shine at centre back but is apparently our go to back up central midfielder.

Amartey demonstrated nothing as a centre-back in Premiership football and I can't imagine he's been brilliant there in training and simply ignored. So far he's played full-back and in midfield - handly evidence of "stuck-in-their-ways" management and he's been ordinary in the main. 

As for Gray being a number 10, wow, I've seen that coveted shirt worn by some absolutely outstanding players like Pele, Messi, Dalglish, Denis Law and, at Leicester, little Davie Gibson and to imagine anyone suggesting Gray is now the way forward as an old-fashioned inside left is like wishing for Christmas to come twice a year.

Maybe, he'll somehow squeeze into our squad and just perhaps play more games than last season but to imagine he'll wear the 10-shirt like his own and help us win anything nest season well, he must have family on here.

And, if that's the case, they should just encourage him to get his head down and keep improving.

24 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Amartey demonstrated nothing as a centre-back in Premiership football and I can't imagine he's been brilliant there in training and simply ignored. So far he's played full-back and in midfield - handly evidence of "stuck-in-their-ways" management and he's been ordinary in the main. 

As for Gray being a number 10, wow, I've seen that coveted shirt worn by some absolutely outstanding players like Pele, Messi, Dalglish, Denis Law and, at Leicester, little Davie Gibson and to imagine anyone suggesting Gray is now the way forward as an old-fashioned inside left is like wishing for Christmas to come twice a year.

Maybe, he'll somehow squeeze into our squad and just perhaps play more games than last season but to imagine he'll wear the 10-shirt like his own and help us win anything nest season well, he must have family on here.

And, if that's the case, they should just encourage him to get his head down and keep improving.

He's looked very ordinary is both positions, yet his main position for Ghana and Copenhagen has been centre back. 

Why we still haven't got another player who can actually play at right back I'll never know.

I've passed on your message to Demarai. He sends wholehearted apologies for disappointing you thus far :D

7 minutes ago, filbertway said:

He's looked very ordinary is both positions, yet his main position for Ghana and Copenhagen has been centre back. 

Why we still haven't got another player who can actually play at right back I'll never know.

I've passed on your message to Demarai. He sends wholehearted apologies for disappointing you thus far :D

Don't lose heart. My youngest thinks Gray is excellent. 

Quite agree about the right-back situation. Nothing against Simpson but we'd sure look likely to struggle without him.   

39 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Did Gray date "yo mama" and never call her back or something? X

On 24/06/2017 at 14:21, Strokes said:

Mahrez was 22 when he came to us, is gray better he was for us then. Certainly close enough. Give him game time and he might be get better still, he has the talent.

For me he's a mile off what Mahrez was, he was exceptional the second he landed here at 22. His stats for those few months in the champ were exceptional.

Gray would struggle at number 10 or CF against packed defences.

However I could see him being useful in these positions on the counter. He'd have to put up with being on the bench though for another season if we convert him to a number 10 or CF.

Archived