Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Glastonbury

1 minute ago, Matt said:

I appreciate what Ed Sheeran does and he's great at it but for me i'm sorry but he's not a headliner.

The man sold out Wembley 27 nights in a row, broke chart records, is renowned for being a great live pop artist and everyone there is singing his songs word for word. He's arguably the biggest pop star on the planet, or at least 1 of. Of course he's a bloody headliner lol 

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

I appreciate what Ed Sheeran does and he's great at it but for me i'm sorry but he's not a headliner.

Like or dislike him he always has his audience in the palm of his hands, the reaction he gets is quite astonishing.

9 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

The man sold out Wembley 27 nights in a row, broke chart records, is renowned for being a great live pop artist and everyone there is singing his songs word for word. He's arguably the biggest pop star on the planet, or at least 1 of. Of course he's a bloody headliner lol 

4 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Like or dislike him he always has his audience in the palm of his hands, the reaction he gets is quite astonishing.

Oh i'm not knocking him by any means, as i've said I appreciate what he does and he's very good at it, the facts Samilktray has pointed out speak for themselves aswell as the audience in the palm of his hands. I'll even go as far as saying I like Ed Sheeren and what he does, but I just find him abit boring on stage which is where I say he's not a headliner, i'm not trying to be controversial here or start and argument, just an opinion.

i really want to hate him but ya gotta give it to him seems like a good fella. started from nothing has a guitar n is winning in life. 

saw someone retweet a tweet of his from 2011 saying does anyone want to come and watch me play a set at bumper, which is a bar in liverpool that school kids and the like play at on tuesday nights in front of about 7 of their mates. look at him now. 

yer gonna watch that in the morning.

shame they were on at the same time as sheeran and justice, would've been well peeved if I'd gone and had to miss some of them to see the others. 

and ed is pretty tight with the grime scene, would've been good to see a collab. 

On 2017-6-24 at 18:00, daz*dsb said:

RTJ ****ing killing it. 2gunsfiring_v1.gif

I really want to see them. They're ****ing great. 

Lots of good sets over the weekend. The Killers doing a secret set is awesome (even tho I am not a big fan), always like a secret set.

21 hours ago, Samilktray said:

BBKs set on the other stage looked properly mad, great seeing Grime so prominent at Glastonbury and just in the UK mainstream in general. 

this was good yer 

9 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/jun/26/glastonbury-barry-gibb-bee-gees-covers-twitter-joke

Stuff like this makes me want to buy Trident and then just set it off, in situ if need be

I do this all the time at work. Say for instance You Can't Hurry Love comes on by The Supremes and I'll say, "I prefer the Phil Collins original!" and just the same it sparks a response. lol

If Under The Bridge by RHCP comes on in a rock pub, I usually loudly announce that I prefer the All Saints classic. Guaranteed pandemonium!

8 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I do this all the time at work. Say for instance You Can't Hurry Love comes on by The Supremes and I'll say, "I prefer the Phil Collins original!" and just the same it sparks a response. lol

If Under The Bridge by RHCP comes on in a rock pub, I usually loudly announce that I prefer the All Saints classic. Guaranteed pandemonium!

Just don't tell @fox92 about the flying lizzards

10 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

What Smokey Robinson did to Go West's 'Tracks of My Tears' doesn't bear thinking about

26 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I've seen her live on telly before and I thought her voice was quite a bit better this time.

The other one having trouble with their voice was Liam Gallagher. Perhaps he was a bit poorly

Hasn't he sounded like that for a long time?  I remember thinking his voice was shot whilst he was still in Oasis.

16 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Hasn't he sounded like that for a long time?  I remember thinking his voice was shot whilst he was still in Oasis.

Maybe, I've not seen any live footage of him for ages.

It's always more noticeable when someone's singing a song you know well

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Maybe, I've not seen any live footage of him for ages.

It's always more noticeable when someone's singing a song you know well

I'm a big Oasis fan, and have been for years. I though Liam's voice was actually much better than it has been live for at least 10 years, which says a lot about how bad he had got. He was actually singing the songs and holding notes at Glastonbury rather than shouting and pulling away from the mic like he has been accustomed to doing in recent years. 

He's never going to be a great singer, even in his prime he wasn't particularly amazing. However he's all about the passion and the emotion which I think he still gets across. 

3 hours ago, thebartonfox said:

I'm a big Oasis fan, and have been for years. I though Liam's voice was actually much better than it has been live for at least 10 years, which says a lot about how bad he had got. He was actually singing the songs and holding notes at Glastonbury rather than shouting and pulling away from the mic like he has been accustomed to doing in recent years. 

He's never going to be a great singer, even in his prime he wasn't particularly amazing. However he's all about the passion and the emotion which I think he still gets across. 

I'd much rather hear a bang average singer singing with passion and emotion, e.g. Tim Wheeler of Ash, Jason Pierce, or Neil Young, than singers that can hit every note perfectly, but think that putting emotion into a song merely requires a, "woooooo oooooooh oooh" at the end of a verse combined with some lip quivering.

Archived