Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chapero82

Steve Walsh Snr

5 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

lol he had duds

He wanted Slimani, Musa etc.... who we all want to see the back of

Musa maybe if someone will stump up what we paid for him but I don't want slimani to go anywhere,

Thought he was adjusting ok last season and I think he will really push on this year

2 hours ago, Unclenobhead said:

Musa maybe if someone will stump up what we paid for him but I don't want slimani to go anywhere,

Thought he was adjusting ok last season and I think he will really push on this year

If Slimani can get a good run in the side and stay fit (he always seems to be injured), with the right service he'd get 12-15 goals in the PL.

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Would we have gone through with paying that much for Slimani and Musa if he was still there?

The rumour I read was that Walsh liked Slimani but felt he wasn't value for money once the transfer free hit £15m plus. 

Just to say - scouts don't have contracts with clubs. They paid solely per each trip. There will be two or three scouts on the books and that's it. Equally they can be poached like this but then if a manager has his own staff they sacked without compo. That's how it works 

He'll get the boot at Everton at the end of next season when they sell Lukaku and Barkley and don't really replace them well enough and finish between 7th and 10th. Koeman blamed him last season and will do so again at the earliest opportunity.

20 hours ago, stevelcfc said:

Rather than getting annoyed at Everton or Walsh at poaching our best backroom talent, how about we look internally and ask A) Why they want to move and B) Why are we letting them go so freely? 

Your're perfectly right the mistake was with the Club. He was on a four year contract and should have been requested to honor it.

It's my belief that two things caused Walsh to leave.  1 was the appoint of Rudkin over his head. 2 Friction between him and probably Claudio over targets. It's common knowledge that he had to battle for Kante to be signed when Claudio wanted Mendy. Then when we signed Mendy and let Kante go he felt there's no point in continuing here I'm not appreciated. Either Susan Whelan or the Owners should have stepped in and sorted it out.

7 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Your're perfectly right the mistake was with the Club. He was on a four year contract and should have been requested to honor it.

It's my belief that two things caused Walsh to leave.  1 was the appoint of Rudkin over his head. 2 Friction between him and probably Claudio over targets. It's common knowledge that he had to battle for Kante to be signed when Claudio wanted Mendy. Then when we signed Mendy and let Kante go he felt there's no point in continuing here I'm not appreciated. Either Susan Whelan or the Owners should have stepped in and sorted it out.

Should have got rid of Ranieri at the point and kept Walsh.

I'm a massive fan of Walsh, always have been and always will be, but surely it's time to let go now.

We can't keep going over what should have been and what might have been.

It's over, he's made his decision to leave. We're left with no alternative but to move on as best we can.

17 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

It's just come to me now but I remember watching an interview with Ranieri and Walsh after the Premier League trophy was awarded after the Everton home match. Walsh said they wanted to stick to the same model of signing up and coming players rather than ready made players. 

It was obvious in May 2016 that he seen his future at Leicester but it appears within a couple of months he changed his mind and was now "homesick".  As I've said before I'm not buying that as a reason after he's lived a fairly nomadic lifestyle all of his life and I'm sure his job doesn't entail him being in the office five days a week from 9-5 and he could still live in Lancashire and commute to Leicester a couple of times a week. If someone is that important to your company that has a £100m+ turnover per year living a two hour drive away isn't a problem. 

If I was the owner and I considered him that important I'd let him work from home and helicopter him in when he needs to be at Leicester. I suspect the real reason he left was because he was being undermined by Ranieri or possibly Rudkin.

9 hours ago, Gerard said:

It's just come to me now but I remember watching an interview with Ranieri and Walsh after the Premier League trophy was awarded after the Everton home match. Walsh said they wanted to stick to the same model of signing up and coming players rather than ready made players. 

It was obvious in May 2016 that he seen his future at Leicester but it appears within a couple of months he changed his mind and was now "homesick".  As I've said before I'm not buying that as a reason after he's lived a fairly nomadic lifestyle all of his life and I'm sure his job doesn't entail him being in the office five days a week from 9-5 and he could still live in Lancashire and commute to Leicester a couple of times a week. If someone is that important to your company that has a £100m+ turnover per year living a two hour drive away isn't a problem. 

If I was the owner and I considered him that important I'd let him work from home and helicopter him in when he needs to be at Leicester. I suspect the real reason he left was because he was being undermined by Ranieri or possibly Rudkin.

Yes I agree with you totally. The problem a I see it was that neither the Owners or Susan Whelan are '' Football people''  in knowing the game and therefore failed to understand his real value and worth to the Club. In fairness to them it's probably the only big mistake they made since taking over.

On 24/06/2017 at 18:28, Rob1742 said:

He did leave us the best position, and people are free to move jobs. 

Normal situation that that happens everywhere every day 

Really?

Lining up those signings of last Summer: Musa, Hernandez and before that Slimani?

Funny how he left us with all the shit ones!

Genius.

Or are the Thais a bit soft to let people out of contracts so easily?

We couldn't exactly say to Walsh "no, you can't leave, you're stuck here for the next 4 years, but go and continue finding us gems"

It's not like players who sulk and obviously play badly. A scout whose heart is not in his job, there could be very expensive duds as a result.

No doubt friction with Claudio contributed to it, but maybe, like Appleton, he fancied a new challenge.

Now he gets to buy multiple players for 20-30m in addition to his usual cheap gems. He can test his eye on a different kind of market.

Archived