Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Footballwipe

The totally unofficial 2016-17 Season Review

Thanks for spending so much time putting that together. It's truly wonderful. I wish clubs and the companies who put together the commercial versions would realise that this is the kind of in-depth season review that fans want - not just goals only, but key moments from games, news reports etc.

There were only two moments from the whole season that I wish had been added - the penalty shout in the last seconds at the Emirates, and the moment (in the Middlesbrough home game?) when Shinji almost repeated his overhead kick from last season.

There were also several moments in Shakespeare's first few games that I wanted to see - we were on an amazing scoring run at that time, but for some reason the TV highlights were brutally edited so we didn't get to see the build up to the goal. I'm talking about the following:

1) Fuchs goal v Hull - there was a much longer series of passes between Vardy and Fuchs down the left in the build up

2) Mahrez v West Ham - there was a stunning sequece of hassling from our midfield that led to the goal, typifying our 'straight at our throat' attitude at that time

3) Ndidi v Stoke - there was a lovely fast intechange of passes on the right before the ball was played infield to Ndidi

4) Vardy v Sunderland  - Albrighton made a fantastic burst past a defener from the halfway line before setting up Vardy

As I say, the absence of these moments isn't down to you, it was the crap editing in the original broadcast highlights. I wish we could see those goals in full, as that run of 17 goals in Shakepere's first seven games was our hottest scoring streak in over 50 years - and it should have been recorded for posterity in all its glory, instead of being shoved to the arse end of the highlights so they could show 'extended' coverage of another tedious top six snooze fest.

Edited by kushiro
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, kushiro said:

aThanks for spending so much time putting that together. It's truly wonderful. I wish clubs and the companies who put together the commercial versions would realise that this is the kind of in-depth season review that fans want - not just goals only, but key moments from games, news reports etc.

There were only two moments from the whole season that I wish had been added - the penalty shout in the last seconds at the Emirates, and the moment (in the Middlesbrough home game?) when Shinji almost repeated his overhead kick from last season.

There were also several moments in Shakespeare's first few games that I wanted to see - we were on an amazing scoring run at that time, but for some reason the TV highlights were brutally edited so we didn't get to see the build up to the goal. I'm talking about the following:

1) Fuchs goal v Hull - there was a much longer series of passes between Vardy and Fuchs down the left in the build up

2) Mahrez v West Ham - there was a stunning sequece of hassling from our midfield that led to the goal, typifying our 'straight at our throat' attitude at that time

3) Ndidi v Stoke - there was a lovely fast intechange of passes on the right before the ball was played infield to Ndidi

4) Vardy v Sunderland  - Albrighton made a fantastic burst past a defener from the halfway line before setting up Vardy

As I say, the absence of these moments isn't down to you, it was the crap editing in the original broadcast highlights. I wish we could see those goals in full, as that run of 17 goals in Shakepere's first seven games was our hottest scoring streak in over 50 years - and it should have been recorded for posterity in all its glory, instead of being shoved to the arse end of the highlights so they could show 'extended' coverage of another tedious top six snooze fest.

That penalty denial at the Emirates was cruel. I swear Kasper would have scored if not for the defender blocking it with his arm. We've had some terrible luck since Shakespeare took over, from Albrighton conceding that non-penalty against Atletico to the endless injuries. After seeing Shakespeare get us through all that I can't help being excited for next season. 

Thanks for your kind words @kushiro, much appreciated!

New dump of 2015-16...

LCFC Season Review 15-16 - September

LCFC Season Review 15-16 - October

LCFC Season Review 15-16 - November

LCFC Season Review 15-16 - December

LCFC Season Review 15-16 - January

LCFC Season Review 15-16 - February

2015-16 and 2016-17 compiled together in a blog.

Edited by Footballwipe
  • Like 4

Hmmm it's a dull wet dreary day here just North of Dublin....gardening out of the question, have the house to myself, How can I amuse myself for an hour or so??......Thank you for these great monthly reviews....Have watched them all except March and now April 15/16 .....I'll be in dreamland now for next couple of hours??

• Like 1

Thank's for all this....spent a good few hours watching.If any of the mods are looking,could this get pinned to the top of the page,some great memories.;)any chance of the 14/15 season or just the last bit!

Edited by PAULCFC

4 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Thank's for all this....spent a good few hours watching.If any of the mods are looking,could this get pinned to the top of the page,some great memories.;)any chance of the 14/15 season or just the last bit!

What he said....

On 30 June 2017 at 12:11, kushiro said:

Thanks for spending so much time putting that together. It's truly wonderful. I wish clubs and the companies who put together the commercial versions would realise that this is the kind of in-depth season review that fans want - not just goals only, but key moments from games, news reports etc.

You should be able to find numbers 2, 3 and 4 on the LCFC website here: 

https://www.lcfc.com/lcfctv/highlights

Just scroll down a bit, they seem to have all the highlights as far back as West Ham away.

Edited by Melbourne Fuchs
  • Like 1

Apologies if this had been asked/discussed but have I missed an official season highlights/review DVD being released or something, or are they not doing one this year?

Don't get me wrong, I couldn't wait for last season to end and draw a line through it but i'd have like there to have been a DVD purely from the first season in the CL point of view, the CL was all last season will be remembered for personally, would like there to be a DVD/Highlights of it!

• 3 months later...
On 22/07/2017 at 10:57, Matt said:

Apologies if this had been asked/discussed but have I missed an official season highlights/review DVD being released or something, or are they not doing one this year?

Don't get me wrong, I couldn't wait for last season to end and draw a line through it but i'd have like there to have been a DVD purely from the first season in the CL point of view, the CL was all last season will be remembered for personally, would like there to be a DVD/Highlights of it!

Looks like they didn't bother for some reason. IIRC UEFA won't licence CL games for clubs to use (either that or it's too expensive). Still doesn't explain why the club didn't do a proper one tho.

Regardless, if you know where to look (reddit) you can find individual matches quite easily.

• 3 months later...

Must have been asleep but only just came across this topic. Great work by Footballewipe on 2016/7 even if it was a painful season at times.!! I have been looking at the vids in turn but cannot access November 16 or Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr 17 because the following message is returned through Google Chrome  "We're sorry. You can't access this item because it is in violation of our terms of service". I know this is not a tech channel (and I am not techy) bit is there any way round this? 

• 2 months later...

BUMP

Sorry, not shameless self promotion, but both 2015/16 and 2016/17 have moved to another destination, can be downloaded via the links.

Just to say that I'm working on the Totally Unofficial Season Review 2017-18. Inspired by the players in recent games, and the anticipated (lack of) demand (I'll watch it even if you don't!), it really is just the highlights spliced together very simply month-by-month, rather than anything elaborate. But in anticipation of the club not releasing a season review I thought I'd get a head start. Should be out soon!

2 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

BUMP

Sorry, not shameless self promotion, but both 2015/16 and 2016/17 have moved to another destination, can be downloaded via the links.

Just to say that I'm working on the Totally Unofficial Season Review 2017-18. Inspired by the players in recent games, and the anticipated (lack of) demand (I'll watch it even if you don't!), it really is just the highlights spliced together very simply month-by-month, rather than anything elaborate. But in anticipation of the club not releasing a season review I thought I'd get a head start. Should be out soon!

I don't imagine it'll be a long watch? :o