Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Union FS Safe Standing Survey

24 minutes ago, Ross-Kemp said:

It allows you to complete the survey more than once, might be worth removing this option so it gives people no chance to rubbish the results. 

To do that would require everyone to sign in via Google which would restrict people's ability to take part if they don't have Google account. Not ideal but the better of the two options

Found it a very poor survey, looks like it's been done by a bunch of kids who want to stand, easy to manipulate as been said, if I was in charge of a football club it'd go straight in the bin.

I'm not against standing, it doesn't bother me so long as I can see, but a more professional approach is needed if you want to be taken seriously, in my opinion.

3 hours ago, red5 said:

Found it a very poor survey, looks like it's been done by a bunch of kids who want to stand, easy to manipulate as been said, if I was in charge of a football club it'd go straight in the bin.

I'm not against standing, it doesn't bother me so long as I can see, but a more professional approach is needed if you want to be taken seriously, in my opinion.

Not having a dig but how would you ask the questions they've said?

51 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

Not having a dig but how would you ask the questions they've said?

Don't know but it could have just said"tick here if you want safe standing", that's how it came across to me, it should be made appealing to them in the main stand, not to be in it but to see it, like mention the tifos, how it would be advantageous to see and how it would add to the atmosphere, it's got to be sold to the bosses not the fans who want to be in it.

5 hours ago, red5 said:

Agreed, rather biased and one-sided.

Besides, safe-standing may not be effective or supported wholly at the King Power, with many stating in the past the pat they got told off for 'blocking the views' from those who opt to sit behind them.

15 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Agreed, rather biased and one-sided.

Besides, safe-standing may not be effective or supported wholly at the King Power, with many stating in the past the pat they got told off for 'blocking the views' from those who opt to sit behind them.

Well no one would be blocking anyone's view, that's the point. The rail seats would go up to the top row not smack bang in the middle of a seating area lol

27 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

To be fair I don't know how you're supposed to not make the questions one sided and patronising when anyone with half a brain would want to bring safe standing in.

Did you write the survey :crylaugh:

12 hours ago, fleckneymike said:

I agree in part with red5. The phrasing of the questions meant that standing was almost always the inevitable response. 

Fair enough, there's only so many way to ask the question though. Wording is very similar to a lot of previous surveys done at Arsenal, Spurs, Huddersfield, Burnley etc. 

I absolutely want safe standing at the KP.

But I agree with red5. The club won't give that more than a moment's thought.

Let the club handle surveys like this. We just need to make our point very clear - We want safe standing to be implemented at the King Power Stadium.

Petitions and letters are the way forward, in my opinion.

Done, but agree with some of the other comments the survey could be a lot better.

The question on safety was a poor one, would safe standing improve safety at matches? Yes/No/unsure

Honest answer is No, because I don't think it would improve things, I also don't think it would make it worse, it would make no difference imho, but that isn't an option. There also isn't an option to expressly state your concern that it would make it less safe.

Another poor question is would having safe standing make you more likely to go. The answer is no, I go to games because of the game, but by answering no it seems like a no to safe standing.

For it to be taken seriously by the club you need to give fans the option to express a negative opinion, such as if you wanted to go to a game and the only tickets available were in a safe standing section would that stop you buying a ticket?

I don't know how the club will respond to your survey, hopefully they will see there is support from the fans and maybe publish their own professional survey, but I don't think the clubs are worried about fan opinion in this case. They are worried purely about safety and how it would look if the club did it and something went wrong and a fan got hurt. Nobody wants to be the first club to try it especially our club when every game is a sell out and we have the best atmosphere in the country.

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I absolutely want safe standing at the KP.

But I agree with red5. The club won't give that more than a moment's thought.

Let the club handle surveys like this. We just need to make our point very clear - We want safe standing to be implemented at the King Power Stadium.

Petitions and letters are the way forward, in my opinion.

Only the club is likely not to bother.

Like it or not if ufs can produce a survey that covers anything more than 15% of the fan base and most those responses are from season ticket holders the club will at worst have to accept the figures.

The club are likely to just reply to the premier league with a stock response as it stands.

For some reason we tow the line rather than break rank and accept we have 2 sections in out ground that stand anyway. And standing in seats is more dangerous. Blocked isles etc.

We along with palace and united should be at the forefront offering to undertake trials etc.

Whilst a small fraction may choose to write a letter this is a way to engage more people to spend 2 mins to fill in a few questions.

1 hour ago, Quorndon_Fox said:

This is where I would focus my energies as a campaigner. Leicester are not going to do anything at the moment because they can't and there is no incentive to fight the premier league rules/the Government. 

Focus should be on lower league clubs with poor attendances. If a survey shows that people are more likely to go to a local team to stand and enjoy the football then more clubs will be interested. The more lower league teams that do it with no incident the better.

Archived