Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unclenobhead

Mendy, Hit or miss?

12 hours ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Just my opinion I've also had a good look at clips of him playing in France.

Anyway I remember going to the match when O'Neill was booed , particularly

when he brought on this skinny little kid who looked completely out of his depth.

His name was Muzzy Izzet .... so you never know.

Those clips of him being the heartbeat of a team who finished 4th in Ligue 1 would suggest he is worth another go.

Obviously injuries hindered any chance of picking up any form or confidence, but he was extremely poor against Porto, Derby and Millwall. That's not to say most weren't, but I don't remember being impressed by him. I'd definitely be willing to give him the summer to see how he gets on though. 

4 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

I hope he gets given a chance in fairness 

we write off players too easily and he has hardly been given a chance re injury etc

Yup. Albans made a good point too: in the matches after Arsenal he was either carrying a knock or unfit. Only really saw him for that 45 minutes against Arsenal. Hope he's fit and Shakey has integrated him back in the team after so long out.

All the logic says we haven't seen enough of him, and is completely right.

But those 272 minutes we have seen haven't shown much. He's tiny and doesn't have the engine anywhere near Kante. Ndidi I knew within watching him for a single half that he was a keeper, buy Mendy just hasn't given me that feeling.

If Mendy gets the chance to come good it will be a bonus.

He's been one of the nearest things to the "Invisible Man" I've come across at Leicester and, even now, I wouldn't recognise him in the street. 

What I have seen has been forgettable. But then lots of people are forgettable while they're finding their feet (Shinji being an exception cos I've never really thought of him as upright ever since he's been here, though we sure know when he's around).

Mendy's been like a set of traffic lights with no green. He's either been on amber,  all ready to go but not letting the brake off, or he's been stopped on red in the treatment room. 

What we'll see on "go" is anyone's guess I just don't get the impression it'll be the speed of a Tesla, the style of a DeLorean or the hidden weaponry of James Bond's Aston Martin... more like a Skoda Estate, steady, capable but hardly noticed. 

I looked and looked during the fleeting minutes he graced our ground and saw nothing to set him a apart in a field full of oilseed rape.    .

He just blended in with everything around him and I could have been watching any one of a thousand everyday footballers.

So far he's been like a ship passing on the distant horizon. Completely anonymous.

Maybe this season, if he's still here. he'll fly the flags of his talent and show us why he we ever berthed him at the King Power.

On 25/06/2017 at 17:50, Foxxed said:

272 minutes he played. The equivalent of three whole matches, in a new league with dubious fitness levels for an out of favour manager. Absolutely NFI. I hope he plays in the friendlies so we can have a better look.

Tbf he played in most of the friendlies last pre season and looked distinctly average. 

18 hours ago, Thracian said:

If Mendy gets the chance to come good it will be a bonus.

He's been one of the nearest things to the "Invisible Man" I've come across at Leicester and, even now, I wouldn't recognise him in the street. 

What I have seen has been forgettable. But then lots of people are forgettable while they're finding their feet (Shinji being an exception cos I've never really thought of him as upright ever since he's been here, though we sure know when he's around).

Mendy's been like a set of traffic lights with no green. He's either been on amber,  all ready to go but not letting the brake off, or he's been stopped on red in the treatment room. 

What we'll see on "go" is anyone's guess I just don't get the impression it'll be the speed of a Tesla, the style of a DeLorean or the hidden weaponry of James Bond's Aston Martin... more like a Skoda Estate, steady, capable but hardly noticed. 

I looked and looked during the fleeting minutes he graced our ground and saw nothing to set him a apart in a field full of oilseed rape.    .

He just blended in with everything around him and I could have been watching any one of a thousand everyday footballers.

So far he's been like a ship passing on the distant horizon. Completely anonymous.

Maybe this season, if he's still here. he'll fly the flags of his talent and show us why he we ever berthed him at the King Power.

Traffic lights,skoda, oilseed rape,flags flying on berthed ships, what have you been smoking buddy ?

Leicester midfielder Nampalys Mendy could be set for a return to France with Bordeaux after reportedly saying he wants to join the Ligue 1 club.

The 25-year-old moved to then-Premier League champions Leicester from Nice last summer on a four-year contract, for a £13million fee.

But his season was blighted by an ankle injury which limited him to just nine appearances in all competitions.

Nantes, who recently appointed former Leicester manager Claudio Ranieri as head coach, have been linked with a move for Mendy.

But Mendy's heart is said to be set on a move to Bordeaux.

"I heard about the interest of Nantes but neither me nor my adviser have been contacted," Mendy said, according to L'Equipe.

"Anyway, since my adviser talked to me about the possibility of joining Bordeaux, I'm set on it.

"I've lost a year in England because of a failed ankle surgery, which unfortunately necessitated a second operation in March. Even though I am not 100 per cent yet, I have just returned from an excellent rehabilitation phase.

"And now I have the hope of rallying the Girondins (Bordeaux) fairly quickly. It's even an obsession." TALKSPORT 

looks like Ike he is off then! 

2 hours ago, Unclenobhead said:

Leicester midfielder Nampalys Mendy could be set for a return to France with Bordeaux after reportedly saying he wants to join the Ligue 1 club.

The 25-year-old moved to then-Premier League champions Leicester from Nice last summer on a four-year contract, for a £13million fee.

But his season was blighted by an ankle injury which limited him to just nine appearances in all competitions.

Nantes, who recently appointed former Leicester manager Claudio Ranieri as head coach, have been linked with a move for Mendy.

But Mendy's heart is said to be set on a move to Bordeaux.

"I heard about the interest of Nantes but neither me nor my adviser have been contacted," Mendy said, according to L'Equipe.

"Anyway, since my adviser talked to me about the possibility of joining Bordeaux, I'm set on it.

"I've lost a year in England because of a failed ankle surgery, which unfortunately necessitated a second operation in March. Even though I am not 100 per cent yet, I have just returned from an excellent rehabilitation phase.

"And now I have the hope of rallying the Girondins (Bordeaux) fairly quickly. It's even an obsession." TALKSPORT 

looks like Ike he is off then! 

Great.

Takes the wages and the medical treatment.  Offers absolutely nothing and then publicly states he wants to leave without ever having made the tiniest impression on the premier league.  No determination  to prove himself.

Loser.  

4 hours ago, murphy said:

Great.

Takes the wages and the medical treatment.  Offers absolutely nothing and then publicly states he wants to leave without ever having made the tiniest impression on the premier league.  No determination  to prove himself.

Loser.  

I have said the same about the noises made by slimanis camp   ... when they are retired they can tell their kids how they gave up the opportunity to be a premier league legend.

Now is the time to work and rise to the challenge. . .   Unless you do not have the grit

4 hours ago, murphy said:

Great.

Loser.  

lol 

miserable, bitter, pretty sad

On ‎27‎.‎06‎.‎2017 at 19:03, breadandcheese said:

Another rubbish signing.  our transfer record last summer was woeful.  A lot of money spent with little impact and seemingly less return to follow.  It makes Spurs post Bale signings look good business.

Please, explain how he is rubbish.

1 hour ago, Goober said:

lol 

miserable, bitter, pretty sad

A bit uncalled for Mr Goober if I might say so.  So you're happy with a player that is "determined" to jump ship after failing to make the slightest impression here are you?   I'm not bitter and certainly not miserable about it, in fact I couldn't really give a flying one about him, he is hardly a fan favourite, but that is loser talk as far as I'm concerned and a pretty poor attitude.  

He will not be missed.  

2 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Please, explain how he is rubbish.

The post said he was a rubbish signing, not that he was rubbish. It has to be said that in all the minutes he did play, and granted their weren't that many, he looked distinctly average at best. Not even King standard. All the pre season friendlies he played in as well Middlesbrough away, Southampton away. Nothing, no influence whatsoever. No key passes, no key tackles. No pace, nothing to even suggest he's anything other than a squad player. Because of that, on top of his injuries after injuries, I'd say cut our losses and get rid. Going forward, lets try and buy players that are going to enhance our skill base rather than those who we have to kid ourselves have some hidden ability. 

Archived