Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

Upcoming 2017/18 Games You Can't Wait For?

Crash Bandicoot

Destiny 2

Spiderman (PS4)

Monster Hunter: World

A lot of people said they were disappointed with E3 this year, but it's made me excited for new releases more than ever. :D

Really cannot wait for Crash Bandicoot remaster on Friday :D

Edited by Adster

10 hours ago, matty98 said:

The new pokemon RPG being worked on for the switch.

State of Decay 2

The Last of Us 2

South Park the fractured but whole

Loved the stick of truth. Hilarious game

Whoever came up with the name fractured but whole needs a medal lol 

• 11 months later...

That Cyberpunk game looks great - but I'd need to see actual in-game footage to make up my mind. As of right now, it's just a very expensive, albeit promising teaser.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to:

FIFA 19

Final Fantasy VII Remake, Disc 1 (although I can see this being postponed until early 2019)

Red Dead Redemption 2

Looking like it's going to be a sodding expensive year. lol

That new forza horizon game looks decent, probably going to end up shelling out for a steering wheel pedal set up I've had in mind for a while for it. 

Been holding off on buying a switch after the flop of the wii u, but the new smash and pokemon games being 2 player will probably make me buy one. 

Then plenty of ps exclusives...

Least I'll have something to play I guess :nigel:

I'm currently away from home with my return not looking likely until Autumn 2019, recent news make it look like i'm going to be in deep once I have a controller back in my hands. The trailers coming out of the E3 convention are looking very impressive. 

I've historically been an Xbox owner, although with some decent games appearing on the PlayStation, it looks like I may need to either switch or pick up both consoles.

The Last of Us: Part 2 looked particularly incredible in the new gameplay trailer and although its likely things might get toned downed before release, if they can improve significantly on the first whilst putting together a top class story, it will definitely be something I want to play through. I understand some people believe the first iteration to be over-hyped, however I definitely got more enjoyment out of it than most games I can remember in recent memory. The story it delivered was relatively exceptional and the all important gameplay was exciting and fun. 

Microsoft do appear to have picked up their game recently though, and so i'm not sure I'll be able to put my longstanding gamertag to rest just yet. Their recently set-up gamepass feature seems to be picking up speed and looks to be developing into a really rewarding facility to have access to. They also look like lining up some rewarding exclusives, not least Forza Horizon 4 which without coming close to completing any in recent years, have given me countless hours of entertainment. Some of their expected smaller, exclusively downloadable titles like Ori look pretty fun also.

Of other games recently announced or further shown off, I'm very much interested in Tomb Raider and Cyberpunk 2077.

I haven't had chance to get stuck into the second Tomb Raider game of the modern reboot, however bought the first one upon release and finished it over one weekend. It was the first game I did that with in a long while and was also the last since. Although the puzzling aspect from the earlier games or how I remember it, wasn't so strong. The cinematic side of it was pretty entertaining and the flexibility of the action gameplay made it a pretty wild ride. I can imagine the series has come some way since and am interested to see how the new one turns out.

I'm not entirely sure what to expect from Cyberpunk 2077, although having played Witcher 3, I am excited to see what the developers can come up with. I understand that it wont be too similar to the same experience from what I've read, although the developers seem like a pretty hard working bunch and trustworthy when it comes to  releasing a good product. Its kind of nice to hear they are going in somewhat a different direction from their previous games and I expect something pretty good.

It was also interesting to hear about games in development for release a bit further down the road. New hardware is obviously nearly always in some stage of development, although some of the newly teased games now look to be aiming for that sort of release window and were announced by a couple of the big guns.

In this respect, Halo was my childhood defining game of which a new instalment was announced. It looks to be heading to whatever the new Xbox will be and where the story has gone downhill in recent years, I've always been sucked into the multiplayer for a time that makes purchase more than worth while. The developers seemed to make a thing of their having taken on board recent criticism and it'll be interesting to see whether they can right the wrongs. 

Whatever people thing of Bethesda's releases recently, they also came out with some announcements that can never be ignored. Elder Scrolls VI was obviously the big one and although nothing is known about it yet, it almost certainly will be an exceptionally entertaining time-sink which will be worth every penny. They also came out with a new IP in Starfield, which looking to be a typical Bethesda RPG set in a Sci-Fi setting, is an interesting prospect. 

With these last few likely to be big next-generation releases, any future information will be interesting with regards to the games themselves and also what they suggest the capabilities of the next consoles might be. exciting stuff for gamers.

On 12/06/2018 at 23:32, StevieB said:

so with E3 out the way and after 5 years of waiting CD Project Red have delivered. thoughts

https://www.vg247.com/2018/06/12/cyberpunk-2077-fps-third-person-vehicles-dont-worry-rpg/

write up from the gameplay 

F**king knew this was going to be incredible. 

Can't wait, absolute nailed on day one purchase for me.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

F**king knew this was going to be incredible. 

Can't wait, absolute nailed on day one purchase for me.

Having read the comments by people who have played the first 50 mins it sounds amazing and to think its 4 times the size of witcher 3 and the dlc opportunities are huge with planet exploration apparently. Cant wait 

• Pokemon let's go
  • Red Dead 2
  • Spiderman
  • Spyro

Maybe FIFA if I win the lottery and can afford all the above and also quit working so I can spend time to play them!

All the great games seem to be getting released between September and Christmas.

Edited by lcfcrinaldi

8 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Just watched the Forza Horizon 4 demo, looks so much better than 3 and the seasons look like a great change

Tbf I have enjoyed all of the horizon games, but the fact that this one is based in Britain may just give it the edge over the others for me.