Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Grégoire Defrel

6 hours ago, Max Power said:

Hmmm quite similar to Vardy from what I've seen. Too similar?

Only seen a few clips but certainly got the feeling he's a bit like Vardy. This guy comes in it surely means the end of Musa, as he was signed as the pace man to replace Vardy if needed.

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Only seen a few clips but certainly got the feeling he's a bit like Vardy. This guy comes in it surely means the end of Musa, as he was signed as the pace man to replace Vardy if needed.

He just scores a lot less. 

9 minutes ago, Sly said:

Neither do I. 

If he's the Vardy backup that Musa has so far failed to be, then it's something they will improve the squad. We aren't going to get better then Vardy because he's integral to how we play.

20 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

This is most likely our Mahrez replacement. 

Defrel has played left wing a fair amount I'd doubt he'd be a Mahrez replacement, more of a Musa replacement IMO.

IMG_3243.PNG

If he is an upgrade on musa, which lets face it, won't be that difficult. Musa is off, that's great news! We have got rid of a fraud and hopefully got someone competent in his place.

upgrade Shinji, Drinky and Simmo. We are really looking up.

Serie A is a damn sight better than the Russian League, this lad scored 16 goals and 5 assists last season, which isn't bad. He's 26 as well so should be in his prime and also room for further improvement, would prefer someone that has done it in the premier league but they aren't cheap.

Could be a good signing for us alongside, Iheanacho.

I'm convinced Shakey wants to play 3-5-2 more next season. We continue to be linked with centre backs and I don't see us whacking £18m on someone to be Vardy's understudy. The extra man in midfield means we can play two players up front neither of which is going to drop into midfield like Okazaki, which opens the door to play Slimani and Vardy together or maybe Defrel and Vardy together. Does further the need for another, more attacking and creative central midfielder though (Silva?)

31 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I'm convinced Shakey wants to play 3-5-2 more next season. We continue to be linked with centre backs and I don't see us whacking £18m on someone to be Vardy's understudy. The extra man in midfield means we can play two players up front neither of which is going to drop into midfield like Okazaki, which opens the door to play Slimani and Vardy together or maybe Defrel and Vardy together. Does further the need for another, more attacking and creative central midfielder though (Silva?)

Can see this happening as well, can't see us dropping both of Huth and Morgan, and with us still in the hunt for another CB it'd suggest we'd potentially go for a 3-5-2, chillwell has proven he can play a wingback and same with albrighton. Leaving the door open to play a second striker paired with vardy 

1 hour ago, Worthington said:

Yes, but Sassuolo  set up in a different style to us. Their 3 forwards tend to sit narrower so, in 'old money' Defrel's more of an inside forward than an outright winger. Primarily right sided, but can 'do' left or central too!

Have seen a little of him on TV, but did the obligatory 'YouTubing' to get a bit more of an idea.

Got a bit nostalgic watching some of the clips.....There were moments when a 'left footed Keith Weller' came to mind.

Will never be as good as 'Wells' I shouldn't imagine, but something close would be fine !

If he's even close to Wells, gerrrrriiiiimmmmin

33 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Can see this happening as well, can't see us dropping both of Huth and Morgan, and with us still in the hunt for another CB it'd suggest we'd potentially go for a 3-5-2, chillwell has proven he can play a wingback and same with albrighton. Leaving the door open to play a second striker paired with vardy 

Bit rough on Simmo, seeing as he was our best defender last season. I can't really see him fitting in either as a wingback or right sided centre back.

10 minutes ago, Melbourne Fuchs said:

Bit rough on Simmo, seeing as he was our best defender last season. I can't really see him fitting in either as a wingback or right sided centre back.

Would be rough indeed considering he's our best defender. Thought he looked comfortable at RCB when asked to play there by Shakey & I'd have no worries about him there...

Archived