Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Nantes

@FCNantes #Ranieri usurper, fraud, retirement, resignation as @Girard @LOSCFCN #FCNantes #NantesAddict

Their fans were already unhappy with Ranieri even before this match started, but were willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Also spending half their transfer budget on Ranieri and his team's wages did not go down well.

This will not end well. I wonder when the snake emojis will come out?

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, brucey said:

@FCNantes #Ranieri usurper, fraud, retirement, resignation as @Girard @LOSCFCN #FCNantes #NantesAddict

Their fans were already unhappy with Ranieri even before this match started, but were willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Also spending half their transfer budget on Ranieri and his team's wages did not go down well.

This will not end well. I wonder when the snake emojis will come out?

Jamie Carragher will be on their case soon.

It starts to make you think that whether, without some experienced assistant at the club alongside him (who knows the club etc, such as Shakespeare here for example), Ranieri would genuinely struggle without one. I've often wondered that personally, sorry, before he came here.

However, he will be obviously forever grateful for what he's done here.

But, to an extent, now - I'm quite surprised, that he was at the forefront of that success during his time here, if the above presumption is the case.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

It starts to make you think that whether, without some experienced assistant at the club alongside him (who knows the club etc, such as Shakespeare here for example), Ranieri would genuinely struggle without one. I've often wondered that personally, sorry, before he came here.

However, he will be obviously forever grateful for what he's done here.

But, to an extent, now - I'm quite surprised, that he was at the forefront of that success during his time here, if the above presumption is the case.

Have felt the same myself. I've always held Pearson in higher regard overall in spite of 2015/16. It was great for Ranieri to win a title but even after the win I still felt we would be scraping the Top 10 after it for 3 to 4 years at best had he stayed.

I hope he does ok wherever he goes but thats a disastrous start. Not anywhere near as high profile as Leicester but if it ends badly it will cast doubt on his success with us.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Be lucky to last until November. 

A real daft choice by him. They needed late form to stay up last season and unlike us Nantes didn't have the ability to bring in some good signing. The fans annoyed they let their previous manager go so easy 

I think he saw how much Nantes' story superficially resembled ours of 14/15 and felt he could perform a similar feat.

Unfortunately for him and Nantes, we really weren't similar at all. Nantes went on their late run because their manager started yelling at their players and managed to motivate them to put in the hard yards and effort. We went on our run because we actually had top class players (unrecognised at the time) who put in the effort because of the Pearson-instilled team spirit.

He's currently pointing the finger at the lack of signings, but they don't have the budget, and he should have known that before he agreed to join.

3 subs due to injuries before 25 mins. Looked like all were non-contact injuries too, players just collapsing randomly. Rumours of overtraining...

It's not going well for grandpa Claudio is it lol

Ended Nantes 0 - Marseilles 1.

Nantes picked up a total of 4 injuries.

Nantes haven't scored in their last 5 games (last 3 friendlies + 2 league games).

Although to be fair they played ok in this game, and have bought a good goalie.

Edited by brucey