Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Nantes

23 hours ago, Corky said:

I really wish things had been different and he was still with us, comfortable in the table after a great run in Europe.

He made mistakes, of course, but the players need to take a long hard look at themselves too and how a fantastic man was treated towards the end of his brief but exhilarating tenure.

Get the man back at the ground asap and we can give him the ovation he deserves.

Totally agree Corkmeister 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

What with PSG and their £200 million pound players ? lol 

no chance 

anything in top 6/8 or so would be an achievement for Nantes this season 

Well that is what they all said about us lol but yes top 8 would be superb, I’m glad Ranieri is doing so well the players let him down here

• Like 3

On 21/10/2017 at 22:07, Worthington said:

Really pleased for him.

Nantes, ('my' French team as I've said before), are not blessed with either a decent squad nor, it seems, the desire to significantly alter that!

Claudio has obviously instilled a degree of self belief and camaraderie in his players... Top 6 this term would be an achievement in itself...Indeed, top half seemed optimistic in July. My own personal thought is that he'll see this season out and then gracefully retire with his reputation restored to a degree !

I hope you are right bud

what a gentleman King Claudio is

he won us the title and I will never forget that

love him

I'm seeing that Nantes are now in 3rd place (UEFA Champions League qualifying spot) with 20 points from 10 games. 6 wins, 2 draws, and 2 losses. Nantes are now only 2 points off of Monaco and 6 off of PSG. Dare I say they can compete for Ligue 1 under Ranieri this year? :sweating::sweating::sweating::sweating::sweating::sweating::sweating::sweating::sweating::sweating::sweating::sweating:

42 minutes ago, DrezZone said:

I'm seeing that Nantes are now in 3rd place (UEFA Champions League qualifying spot) with 20 points from 10 games. 6 wins, 2 draws, and 2 losses. Nantes are now only 2 points off of Monaco and 6 off of PSG. Dare I say they can compete for Ligue 1 under Ranieri this year? :sweating::sweating::sweating::sweating::sweating::sweating::sweating::sweating::sweating::sweating::sweating::sweating:

A champion's league spot would be fantastic but I reckon they'll eventually end up in a Europa league spot instead - it'll be good if we draw Nantes in the EL next season after we win the league cup.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Third in the table after six wins, two draws and two losses. Respect!

Goals for: 9. Only five other teams have scored less goals than Nantes! lol

Then again, they currently hold the second-best defensive record, right behind Montpellier.

Seems similar to what he was trying here in the end, but our defence or midfield didn’t know how to pass a ball. Funny enough if he had Maguire, Dragović and Iborra he might have had more success

3 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Seems similar to what he was trying here in the end, but our defence or midfield didn’t know how to pass a ball. Funny enough if he had Maguire, Dragović and Iborra he might have had more success

I was saying the exact same thing to someone last night. Shame really, would rather be sitting 14th with the man who won our only PL in charge than having gone through two more managers. But c'est la vie and all that shit.