Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Nantes

4 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

To be fair to Ranners after all he has done in club football I’m sure it would be a great retirement gig to manage his Country. If rumours are true Nantes wouldn’t stand in his way anyway?

It's the diplomatic thing for their chairman to say. But if Claudio were still managing us now and he put out a 'come and get me' plea in the middle of the season, while still fighting for a EL spot (which I think Nantes are too), we'd be absolutely fuming.

2 hours ago, brucey said:

It's the diplomatic thing for their chairman to say. But if Claudio were still managing us now and he put out a 'come and get me' plea in the middle of the season, while still fighting for a EL spot (which I think Nantes are too), we'd be absolutely fuming.

Yep true I understand that to be fair I just think for our beloved Claudio it would be brilliant to manage his country 

• 2 weeks later...

Although his contract runs until 2019, the chatter from France is that Ranieri won’t last beyond this summer at Nantes.

Presse Ocean, the local paper in Nantes, say Ranieri’s relationship with owner Waldemar Kita is nothing more than cordial.

Ranieri was frustrated with the lack of signings in January, while Kita is annoyed by Ranieri’s frequent trips to Rome and his apparent lack of interest in the club’s youth development. Kita is also said to believe the Italian is benefiting greatly from the work of his predecessor, Sergio Conceicao.

lol nothing's changed then

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 22/03/2018 at 09:30, brucey said:

Although his contract runs until 2019, the chatter from France is that Ranieri won’t last beyond this summer at Nantes.

Presse Ocean, the local paper in Nantes, say Ranieri’s relationship with owner Waldemar Kita is nothing more than cordial.

Ranieri was frustrated with the lack of signings in January, while Kita is annoyed by Ranieri’s frequent trips to Rome and his apparent lack of interest in the club’s youth development. Kita is also said to believe the Italian is benefiting greatly from the work of his predecessor, Sergio Conceicao.

lol nothing's changed then

Haha, classic Fraudnieri. He should retire, he's never going to better his achievement here and can't need the money

On 24/03/2018 at 10:58, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Haha, classic Fraudnieri. He should retire, he's never going to better his achievement here and can't need the money

Yeh you’re right it’s all about finish14thwithatitlewinningsquadearson

Claudio Ranieri set for Lyon after impressive spell at Nantes

Former Leicester City boss, 66, keen to land one last huge contract and have another crack at the Champions League

Former Leicester City boss Ranieri, 66, would love to finish his managerial career on a high with a huge contract - and have another crack at the Champions League.  Bruno Genesio is destined to leave Lyon this summer and Ranieri would be in the frame to succeed him along with Laurent Blanc.  Lyon are currently fourth in Ligue 1, while Nantes occupy eighth place.  Ranieri, who pulled off that shock Premier League triumph with Leicester in 2015/16, actually has another year left on his two-year deal with Nantes.

His rapport with the club's hierarchy is not great.  Board members blame him for not promoting young people and adopting short-term policies.  Ranieri has also been mentioned in dispatches about the vacant Italian national team job.  Italy failed to qualify for the World Cup finals and Ranieri has his own ideas as to how the team should be run.

He wants the team to be built around the talent of Marco Verratti and wants Nice striker Mario Balotelli to have a chance to prove he has changed.  Ranieri said: “Verratti has showed good things in France.  “I see him in front of the defence, as [Zdenek] Zeman used him at Pescara. We should give him the responsibility of that role and see if he can cope with the burden.  “The young must be grown, but must also take responsibility to take the team forward. “In France, Balotelli makes a difference, he now needs to be tested to see if the boy has matured in all respects.”

(nothing like a cheap cut-and-paste job under a sensational headline ... )    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5987111/claudio-ranieri-set-for-lyon-after-impressive-spell-at-nantes/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He genuinely doesn't give a shit anymore lol

Nantes coach Claudio Ranieri misses anniversary celebrations to fix a leak in London

All football managers make excuses: their own short-sightedness, the blindness of match officials, or the cruelty of Lady Luck. But Claudio Ranieri has a new one.

The Nantes coach missed the French club's 75th anniversary celebrations because he had to go to London to fix a leak.

"Yes, I was in London this weekend, because there was a problem with the plumbing," the former Leicester, Chelsea, Roma and Juventus boss explained. "There was a leak in my apartment."

But that's not all. It appears the Italian was trying to get there, but had ANOTHER issue which stopped him from arriving.

"I was going [to the anniversary celebrations], but my driver took the wrong road," he added. "So we arrived on the wrong side and couldn't get through so I told him to go straight to the airport.

"I know that makes you think of a lot of things, because that's your job [in the media]. I have to work, you have to write. So, to write every day, you have to have something. I give you it, I'm your friend. What would you write otherwise? Nothing."