Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tony1784

Troy Deeney

Having seen Slimani last season I don't think Deeney would suit us at all.

Like Slimani he's more of a target man than anything else and whilst I rate him to an extent I can't see him being particularly creative or prolific.

And if you don't tick either of those boxes it's a no from me. Too average for the heights we need to be aiming for.

9 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Looked overweight, slow & uninterested towards the end of last season. 

While I do agree, I'd compare how he played there to how we did around January/February - it needed a change for things to come good again.

I'd look for someone younger, but I do think he'd be a good fit and I'd not be disappointed if we did sign him.

1 minute ago, Kitchandro said:

Having seen Slimani last season I don't think Deeney would suit us at all.

Like Slimani he's more of a target man than anything else and whilst I rate him to an extent I can't see him being creative or prolific.

And if you don't tick either of those boxes it's a no from me. Too average for the heights we need to be aiming for.

He's got a far better allround game than Slimani has.

Guest ttfn
4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

He's got a far better allround game than Slimani has.

Probably true but I quite like the idea of us having a striker who gobbles up most headed chances, especially as we seem likely to lose Mahrez and his through balls.

With Deeney you also have to stomach (pardon the pun) the 5 games at the start of each season where he looks like he's eaten his strike partner.

If a swap is in the offing (and they never are in reality) we'd definitely be losing the better player overall, simply on the basis of Slimani's ability in the penalty area. He just might not be the better player for us.

I mean, can you imagine Deeney ever scoring 30 goals in the Portuguese league? No chance. But I suspect he'd be a better partner for Vardy.

Archived