Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tony1784

Troy Deeney

Its his birthday today oddly. Scored 28 goals in two seasons in the Premier League in an up and down side.

You can't imagine us having Vardy, Slimani and Deeney as it seems too much and you'd have to think Slim would be off. What I can imagine though is Deeney working well here especially with Vards, he'd add balance and if motivated can be a fantastic player. Not still worth 30mil though, have a nosey

It's a no for me.

What and where do we aspire to be as a club ? Signing Deeney would say to me we don't aspire to much more than safe mid table.

If it came down to deadline day and Rudkin hadn't worked his magic I would grudgingly accept it. 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

It's a no from me anyway, we need some young blood up front now.

100000% agree.. Re-arrange the following :

'past sell date by well his'

58 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Probably true but I quite like the idea of us having a striker who gobbles up most headed chances, especially as we seem likely to lose Mahrez and his through balls.

With Deeney you also have to stomach (pardon the pun) the 5 games at the start of each season where he looks like he's eaten his strike partner.

If a swap is in the offing (and they never are in reality) we'd definitely be losing the better player overall, simply on the basis of Slimani's ability in the penalty area. He just might not be the better player for us.

I mean, can you imagine Deeney ever scoring 30 goals in the Portuguese league? No chance. But I suspect he'd be a better partner for Vardy.

Deeney and Slimani are different players. Deeney is more of a supporting striker. Slimani never has been that. Nor has Vardy and that is why I think they've often struggled together.

33 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think we should be aiming higher, but I'm sure he'd be an improvement over Slimani.

The issue we have with him, he isn't the supporting striker he's also a number, with a run in the side he'd get 15 goals in the league i'm sure of it. But he won't get that as Vards is the main man up there and I guess rightly so.

He is a clear upgrade over Shinji. We can still play Slim plenty. One of the two starts, the other finishes, considering how demanding the secondary striker role is in the offense.This would be a no-brainer to me, he is an absolutely terrific fit that the staff has targeted repeatedly to replace Shinji over the years.

Archived