Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Le Tour 2017

Great for the tour, Froome was peddling backwards towards the end.

Interesting to see what Fabio Aru's tactics are from now, no real team around him so he can play around a little bit and just sit around and get a ride on the back of Team Sky's train.

I'm guessing another time trial will bring things back for Froome?

4 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Great for the tour, Froome was peddling backwards towards the end.

Interesting to see what Fabio Aru's tactics are from now, no real team around him so he can play around a little bit and just sit around and get a ride on the back of Team Sky's train.

I'm guessing another time trial will bring things back for Froome?

Who knows, tomorrow is a big day and Froome's competitors will feel emboldened tomorrow. Losing that aura of invincibility is as big as the time he's lost, he's handed a big chunk of belief to his rivals.

But I also wonder if the severe gradient was Froome's undoing, because I see him more of a consistent high pace grinder than an explosive power up a mountain type rider and I'm not sure a 20% verticle really suits the former. 

Will certainly be interesting to see how Teak Sky approach things tomorrow.

• Like 1

Really bad day for Froome losing time in the last km, especially since his team mates did a really good job. maybe he just hasn't got the legs for the steep mountains this year. hopefully he can come back but we will have to see!

Well what a tour this is turning into! Some absolutely ridiculously good couple of stages recently.  French winners and on bastille day. AG2R tearing up the race. Barquil storming the polka dot. Several people who all have a chance at yellow with 6 days left.

Chris Froome's rival for the tour de france Roman Bardet has asked french fans who are desperate for a home grown victory to stop abusing Froome. the french cyclist has asked french supporters to show Froome more respect!

the french do have some great young riders like Bardet, Barguil and Carmajane and hopefully they will do well in the next few years at the tour as the french have been waiting for such a long time to win the tour

today's stage is going to be massive as to who wins the tour and who gets on the podium!.Froome is going to have to withstand everything AG2R throws at him and then there is Uran who looks more and more of a threat! if Froome can get through this stage unscathed and still in yellow then he should win the tour!

Great ride for Van Vleuten to win La course on the Izoard. Van Vleuten was the rider that crashed really badly when she was leading in the Rio olympics, it looked a really nasty crash at the time so i am really pleased she is riding again and winning races!

• Like 1

Strange tour really, going to be strange not seeing the likes of kittel, Cav, Sagan in Paris (Griepel must be loving that) not being able to see Porte or Valverde test Froome more in the mountains.

I don't know the stats but year after year of seeing the French riders flattering to deceive this surely has to be one of the most successful tours for them.

Brilliant stage win for Boassan Hagen using the right side of the roundabout to launch the attack and the face of the other rider when he realized who was with him was priceless! brilliant stage win for Dimension Data in the absence of Mark Cavendish!

On 20/07/2017 at 19:36, IOWFOX said:

Seriously can anyone hook me up with whatever Landa is on? The guy just looks like he is riding down the shops to grab some milk 

Yes, call 0800-555-37847 and ask for Lance. He'll sort you something out via the U.S. Postal Service.

29 minutes ago, marko said:

Whilst his achievements are admirable, I find him incredibly difficult to warm to.

Its because he's so measured, methodical and seemingly unbeatable because of that. We all prefer the mavericks of sport or those that do things with more flair.

But if you look a bit deeper and consider just how good Froome is - you might start finding a bit more respect for him (which is probably as warm as you'll get).

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond

6 hours ago, Nalis said:

Its crazy how undervalued Froome is in the UK. The guy is amount to win his 4th TdF and will be considered to only having an outside chance for SPOTY.

It may have something to do with his personality with people perceive him to be less of a character than either Wiggins or Cavendish and also the fact that he grew up in Africa

The women's La Course needs work done on it although I enjoyed watching it, it was a little boring with the lone leader well up the road with no real danger of being caught! Lizzie deignan chose to wait for a team mate rather than try to chase Van Vluten down but the three cyclists couldn't make any headway on the lone leader. Hopefully the women's race will continue and develop for a better spectacle for fans!