Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Iborra Signs

I don't know anything about him other than what's been written. I'm a bit underwhelmed based on what I've heard, but it's all about whether a player suits us.

He needs to be mobile and able to win a lot of tackles, a decent passer would be a bonus. To have an impact on the game in that position we want him to be able to win the ball back and set us on the attack quickly.

We'll see.

i mean he's recently flirted with moves to west brom and sunderland and he basically doesn't start for sevilla so it's not like we've gone to a champions league club and stolen their best player on the cheap. 

People are getting carried away with his mobility.

Hes not rapid but he's not like a John Terry either.

His positioning and 'football brain' are excellent. You don't get to the heights that he has if you're constantly found wanting for mobility.

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

i mean he's recently flirted with moves to west brom and sunderland and he basically doesn't start for sevilla so it's not like we've gone to a champions league club and stolen their best player on the cheap. 

And you really think we're going to do that we finished mid table last season delusions of grandeur or what, please people we are no longer premier league champions.

1 minute ago, kyleolly said:

And you really think we're going to do that we finished mid table last season delusions of grandeur or what, please people we are no longer premier league champions.

Well said Kelly

17 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

i don't really care either way, was just saying it's easy to see why some people are "underwhelmed" compared to some celebrating like we've just nipped in and ahead of every top club in europe and signed mbappe for a tenner 

3 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

i don't really care either way, was just saying it's easy to see why some people are "underwhelmed" compared to some celebrating like we've just nipped in and ahead of every top club in europe and signed mbappe for a tenner 

You seem to care a little bit.

59 minutes ago, Dames said:

Not everyone wants to or has to rim everything the club says and does.

As for the signing i'm slightly underwhelmed - On paper it looks great that we've managed to snag the Captain of Seville a team who has had great success over the past 5 years. However i'm slightly skeptical of why the club would let the Captain of the team go so easily? Especially as he was the Captain throughout much of their recent success? Is he at his age going to be able to adapt to the physicality of English Football?

I hope he hits the ground running I really do otherwise we're going to be stuck with another 30+ year old player on substantial wages.

Maybe he wanted to go.

4 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

The point is that it would still have been a very good signing for Sunderland or West Brom.

Bit ridiculous to suggest that we shouldn't be happy about it because those clubs were interested at some point.

1 minute ago, kyleolly said:

So they'll always be underwhelmed by any signing then

probably. again, merely saying some of the reactions claiming this is a sensational coup might be a little out. from what I've read he's their club captain but in the same way mertesacker is arsenal's club captain. he doesn't often start and they tried to flog him to both sunderland and West Brom in the past 12 months. doesn't really strike me as a major coup. more inler than cambiasso. 

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

The point is that it would still have been a very good signing for Sunderland or West Brom.

Bit ridiculous to suggest that we shouldn't be happy about it because those clubs were interested at some point.

who knows, might be a superb signing. just think people are well within their rights to not be saving up for next season's champions league trips just yet... 

One could have been very underwhelmed at Albrighton, Morgan, Vardy, Kante, Mahrez, Simpson, Drinkwater, etc.  I am not saying everyone needs to spunk all over his face but I would rather generally have a positive outlook then generally have a negative one?

X

I get it now. We're not good enough to compete with the Big Boys but we're too upstage to compete with West Brom et al when it comes to transfers. 

In other words, we should sign nobody but feel entitled to be miserable about it. 

Archived