Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Al-aLondon-Foxile

Tom Lawrence

3 years at the club and he's been out on loan 4 times, and 3 different managers haven't fancied him. Plus he's got 12 months left on his contract.

£7m is good business by us.

11 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Good business.

Only because his contract is expiring.

We got £12m for Schlupp last year.

This year, with inflated prices, £7m is probably a little less than half the equivalent.

I very much doubt that Schlupp is twice the player Lawrence is...

Fair deal. Hopefully we got a buy-back or sell-on fee in there as well, if he should turn out to be more than a decent Championship winger. What did we buy him for? We must have made a decent little profit on him.

17 minutes ago, shen said:

This year, with inflated prices, £7m is probably a little less than half the equivalent.

Schlupp had been a first team regular and has a PL medal. I don't believe he went for £12 million either.

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Schlupp had been a first team regular and has a PL medal. I don't believe he went for £12 million either.

He was very much relegated to a backup role that season. Inler, Ulloa and Schwarzer also have PL medals, that doesn't necessarily mean much.

Lawrence had a storming season and was Ipswich's best player and is about the same age, so I don't believe they should be too far apart in market value.

And here is the quote from the Guardian regarding Schlupp's price:

" Leicester rejected a bid worth £9.5m bid from Palace this week but they accepted an improved offer on Thursday which will see them pay another £3m in bonuses."

1 minute ago, shen said:

He was very much relegated to a backup role that season. Inler, Ulloa and Schwarzer also have PL medals, that doesn't necessarily mean much.

Lawrence had a storming season and was Ipswich's best player and is about the same age, so I don't believe they should be too far apart in market value.

And here is the quote from the Guardian regarding Schlupp's price:

" Leicester rejected a bid worth £9.5m bid from Palace this week but they accepted an improved offer on Thursday which will see them pay another £3m in bonuses."

£12 million with add ons Do CP have to get into the Champions League to pay the full fee?

46 minutes ago, Koke said:

3 years at the club and he's been out on loan 4 times, and 3 different managers haven't fancied him. Plus he's got 12 months left on his contract.

£7m is good business by us.

If we'd been offered £7m last summer people would have laughed their balls off and driven him to the buying club. £7m is very gold business considering the same people whining about him going now are the ones who rubbished him previously and said he'd never make it.

12 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

Fair deal. Hopefully we got a buy-back or sell-on fee in there as well, if he should turn out to be more than a decent Championship winger. What did we buy him for? We must have made a decent little profit on him.

Not sure, but we seemed to buy Man Utd youngsters at £1m a pop back in those days  :P

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

£12 million with add ons Do CP have to get into the Champions League to pay the full fee?

No idea, just going by what's written there, that the offer 'will see them pay £3m in bonuses'.

31 minutes ago, shen said:

Come on, Sclhupp had around 60 games experience in the premier league. Lawrence has 51 minutes.

For someone with one decent championship season, with one year left it's a decent fee.

Guest FriendlyRam

Chuffed by this tbh

Ince went for 10 so 7 for this lad is a good swap imo. 11 goals with multiple assists in that ipswich team last season was a great return, they were dire tbh. We need to give the lad the ball mind, we seem to lack creativity atm.

I suspect we've got a few add on's here as we refused Derby's first £7m offer and they're as desperate to buy him as we are to sell him.

There won't be a buy back fee as many have suggested but performance related and a sell on fee possibly.

It's a good deal for both clubs IMO as we can't find room for him here and Derby are buying a 23 year old who excelled in the Championship last season.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Come on, Sclhupp had around 60 games experience in the premier league. Lawrence has 51 minutes.

For someone with one decent championship season, with one year left it's a decent fee.

True, but Schlupp hardly ever stood out and has considerable (proven) flaws. You can see Lawrence on an upward trend compared to Schlupp.

Maybe I'm being greedy, but I'm struggling to make sense of these transfer fees. I thought the comparison between those two wasn't unfair.

5 minutes ago, shen said:

True, but Schlupp hardly ever stood out and has considerable (proven) flaws. You can see Lawrence on an upward trend compared to Schlupp.

Maybe I'm being greedy, but I'm struggling to make sense of these transfer fees. I thought the comparison between those two wasn't unfair.

Schlupp at times was excellent, he only really lost his way under Ranieri as he was rarely being used. Of course he has flaws, but he causes teams a lot of problems.

Ince went for £10m and he's scored 10 goals + three seasons running. I think that's more comparable.

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Have you lot seen his goals for Ipswich last season?

Some of them were worldies. He was having his own goal of the season competition.

oh well, bye Tom. Sorry we couldn't give you a chance this season (god knows why!)

Did you ever see Ben Marshall play? Being capable of banging in shots from distance means nothing.

We're aiming to be a top 10 premier league team, we have far better players than Lawrence and he's not going to play much. So he wants to leave, end of story. We're getting a good fee and good luck to the lad.

Who exactly do you think should be dropped to give him more game time?

Just now, Babylon said:

Schlupp at times was excellent, he only really lost his way under Ranieri as he was rarely being used. Of course he has flaws, but he causes teams a lot of problems.

Ince went for £10m and he's scored 10 goals + three seasons running. I think that's more comparable.

I would say that Schlupp was very inconsistent with regards to efficacy. But I suppose the comparison to Ince is fair.

Archived