Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Al-aLondon-Foxile

Tom Lawrence

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Lawrence hasn't been given a chance here. He did everything he could to prove himself at Ipswich and did. 

Comparisons with them players are unfair because, aside from Fryatt, they all had a spell in the PL at one time or another.

So did Matty Fryatt, at Dull.

I'm relaxed about this. He'd be behind Mahrez, Albrighton, Gray & possibly Musa (certainly Townsend). 

Hopefully we'd insist on a sell on provision in case he's a late developer & moves for £20m one day?

4 hours ago, nnfox said:

Championship clubs are in for him because they know he will smash the league like he did last season.  At what point is a top 5% player in the Championship worth a run out in the prem?

I expect he will have a very good career, I just think he would have been worth a one year extension on his contract and some game time with us this season. 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Do you really think he's not been offered that?

Well I don't care what he wants.  I wanted him to stay. :thumbup:

We can be disappointed all we want, he is a good prospect and will no doubt go on and have a good career. But isn't currently getting into the team, his contract is running down and he obviously wants to leave to get the footall he needs. The club will always maximise their return on a player that wants out and by the looks of it we will make good profit on a yet unproven player.

To say we signed him from united for i think it was 1 million to sell him for 7 million is a good bit of business. Would have liked to see him stay in a lcfc shirt rather then the shit of derby cunty but at least we are doing a good bit of business 

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

He has a chance in training every single day to impress the people in charge. Three managers have decided he's not good enough.

Do people really think someone rips it up in training but the managers think "feck it, I'll play the fella who isn't performing instead".

That's exactly what he's doing with Mahrez.

4 hours ago, weller54 said:

And.... Shortsighted! 

Club policy.. Play the old guard, regardless of form and refuse to give youth a chance.. Shakey will live and die by this unless he develops some balls.. The soon to develop Wes/Huth dilemma will be an interesting scenario.

4 hours ago, deep blue said:

That's exactly what he's doing with Mahrez.

And how do you know Lawrence is proving himself better in training than Mahrez.

If he's being played it's because they think Mahrez off colour is still better. Having seen them all preseason, and Gray and Mahrez last season I can't disagree.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

And how do you know Lawrence is proving himself better in training than Mahrez.

If he's being played it's because they think Mahrez off colour is still better. Having seen them all preseason, and Gray and Mahrez last season I can't disagree.

Good point, but I don't see how anyone could defend his decision to persist with Mahrez for the full 90 on Friday.

4 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Club policy.. Play the old guard, regardless of form and refuse to give youth a chance.. Shakey will live and die by this unless he develops some balls.. The soon to develop Wes/Huth dilemma will be an interesting scenario.

So, .. All we are saying 

Is give Youth a chance! 

Everybody's talking bout ' Vardy, Mahrez, Vardy and Vardy!.. 

All we are saying... 

Is give Youth a chance! 

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Good point, but I don't see how anyone could defend his decision to persist with Mahrez for the full 90 on Friday.

The issue for me was that I didn't see the ideal option on the bench, it was either attack minded or very defensive. Chillwell was an option and bring Albrighton over, but I'm not sure it's ideal to chuck young lads into such high pressure moments.

That's why I could see Townsend actually being quite a valuable addition as he's capable of attack and defence and got experience in those situations.

I think we had the same issue all over the pitch, changes were needed but there were no ideal options for that situation on the bench in the positions we needed. CM, 10, Winger.

18 hours ago, toddybad said:

It's the final year of his contract. No chance of a buying team accepting significant clauses like that. We don't hold any cards in this scenario as he can just sign a pre contract agreement in 4 months if he doesn't go now. 

He can't sign anything with derby or any English club in four months. 

35 minutes ago, sylofox said:

you can only do it with foreign clubs not English. You can't talk to clubs from your own country untill your contract is up.

Officially, but big offers can be made behind closed doors that saves the buying club paying a transfer fee

Archived