Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FoxesTalk Fantasy Premier League 2017/18

Tbh I'm a bit wary of posting my squad because I fully expect some of you bad eggs make a run on my line up now that I've basically given you the blueprint for a proper team but oh well, mimicry and flattery and all that:

fantasyteam.png

Just now, Sharpe's Fox said:

@Carl the Llama why would you go 3-4-3 when your strikers are povo?

Cheap, not povo:  King came 5th for fantasy points from strikers last year and Jesus is a goal a game player.  Gayle admittedly is a bit of a risk but he tore up the Championship last year and I'm expecting him to be Newcastle's chief source of goals this one, besides at £6.5m if he does perform as I hope then I'll be making easy money on him.

for people that have kane in the team, you do know that he always had a slow start, right?
saw this on reddit

2014/2015: game week 1/10 =1 goal
2015/2015: game wekk 1/10 =4 goals
2016/2017 :game week 1/10 =2 goals

the best to have him is between GW11-30 where he scored 15,17 an 18 in the last 3 seasons

just a thing to think about, he could have a great start this season, who knows?

2 minutes ago, the fox said:

for people that have kane in the team, you do know that he always had a slow start, right?
saw this on reddit

2014/2015: game week 1/10 =1 goal
2015/2015: game wekk 1/10 =4 goals
2016/2017 :game week 1/10 =2 goals

the best to have him is between GW11-30 where he scored 15,17 an 18 in the last 3 seasons

just a thing to think about, he could have a great start this season, who knows?

carl, don't you think firmino for 1 extra pound is a better option than king? he is a proven quality in a system full of goals and assists. he would be a relatively cheap entry to the liverpool side in order to have some points.

i dont look to how much players got in the previous season if its there only great season, by that logic, heaton should be my keeper

Here's my first draft, likely to change before the first game.

West Brom and Southampton have a great first 5/6 games, Southampton with their first two at home due to West Ham not being able to play at home.

Hoping Ozil will feed Lacazette as a cheaper option to Sanchez. Dele Alli usually delivers points and offers cheaper Spurs coverage than Kane. Matt Phillips had a good spell last season, hopefully he can find that again with WBA's decent few games, same for Rodriguez.

Trippier and Walker will be bombing down the flanks and will hopefully rack up a few assists and Milner should be on penalties.

Will probably all go to shit within the first 45 mins of the first week!

Untitled.png

Edited by Nugent

8 minutes ago, the fox said:

carl, don't you think firmino for 1 extra pound is a better option than king? he is a proven quality in a system full of goals and assists. he would be a relatively cheap entry to the liverpool side in order to have some points.

i dont look to how much players got in the previous season if its there only great season, by that logic, heaton should be my keeper

Tbf I have strongly considered him, but I've just removed Azpilicueta for Alonso so trying to fit him into my team results in this:

fantasyteam2.thumb.png.0595290f12e630b15e9f95c9437fab32.png

Which I'm not convinced is better than having Matic and King (instead of McArthur and Firmino).   I dunno, I'm bound to make more changes before it all kicks off anyway :D

24 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Tbf I have strongly considered him, but I've just removed Azpilicueta for Alonso so trying to fit him into my team results in this:

fantasyteam2.thumb.png.0595290f12e630b15e9f95c9437fab32.png

Which I'm not convinced is better than having Matic and King (instead of McArthur and Firmino).   I dunno, I'm bound to make more changes before it all kicks off anyway :D

this team actually looks great, i too have trippier,KDB,gayle and firmino in the starting 11 and rangel on the bench( can't lie, i was looking for a 4 pound defender and he had the most points lol ) and we both have 3 fullbacks in 3ATB.

i have one thing to say though, if i had the chance, i would take eriksen instead of ali, he is on corner and free kick duty so more chance of some return. and i learned my lesson with coutinho,i will be avoiding him like the black plague. he is inconsistent, he doesn't get much points for me but when i offload him he turns into a beast.for an extra 0.5 pound you can have mane. downgrade ndidi for carroll (the lad from swansea), he would probably get some play time.

aaa.png

here's my team, any input would be greatly appreciated:thumbup:

Edited by the fox

2 hours ago, Nugent said:

Here's my first draft, likely to change before the first game.

West Brom and Southampton have a great first 5/6 games, Southampton with their first two at home due to West Ham not being able to play at home.

Hoping Ozil will feed Lacazette as a cheaper option to Sanchez. Dele Alli usually delivers points and offers cheaper Spurs coverage than Kane. Matt Phillips had a good spell last season, hopefully he can find that again with WBA's decent few games, same for Rodriguez.

Trippier and Walker will be bombing down the flanks and will hopefully rack up a few assists and Milner should be on penalties.

Will probably all go to shit within the first 45 mins of the first week!

Untitled.png

i'm unsure about Milner at LB now that Liverpool have signed a proper one.

Decent side otherwise though.  

50 minutes ago, StanSP said:

i'm unsure about Milner at LB now that Liverpool have signed a proper one.

Decent side otherwise though.  

Good shout didn't think of that! Maybe I'll leave him out and assess what Klopp does for the first couple of games.

9 hours ago, the fox said:

this team actually looks great, i too have trippier,KDB,gayle and firmino in the starting 11 and rangel on the bench( can't lie, i was looking for a 4 pound defender and he had the most points lol ) and we both have 3 fullbacks in 3ATB.

i have one thing to say though, if i had the chance, i would take eriksen instead of ali, he is on corner and free kick duty so more chance of some return. and i learned my lesson with coutinho,i will be avoiding him like the black plague. he is inconsistent, he doesn't get much points for me but when i offload him he turns into a beast.for an extra 0.5 pound you can have mane. downgrade ndidi for carroll (the lad from swansea), he would probably get some play time.

aaa.png

here's my team, any input would be greatly appreciated:thumbup:

Eriksen and Alli cost the same so it would be easy enough to swap the two, however I disagree with your assessment that Eriksen's the better choice because Alli's a midfield goal machine and quite often the one getting on the end of Eriksen's free kicks and corners (if he's not spanking the free kick in himself).

Coutinho's a beast when he's on form - he had that injury in the middle of the season last year and then had a barren run after he returned but once he got back in amongst the goals he was only marginally less consistent than Mané who's still recovering from a long knee injury and might take a bit of time to settle back in.  If Mané does come out of the blocks firing on all cylinders then at least I still have money in the bank to trade Coutinho in for him immediately but I'd rather stick with Philippe for the time being because I feel there's a good chance he'll appreciate in value and open my options up further, thinking very seriously about swapping him for Salah mind you.  Ndidi's going nowhere.

I'd be cautious about going with Baines:  He's been consistently class for years but he's starting to get on a bit so I can see his fantasy points taking a hit next season... For the money he costs you may as well bin him and Ward for a £4 throwaway and one of the Chelsea lads.  And if you're going for a £6.5 midfielder in Tadic you may as well gamble on someone like Ritchie who is both cheaper and, if he can keep up last season's form, more likely to shoot up in value.  Oh and if you thought Coutinho was too inconsistent I can't get my head around how you've gone for Riyad and Zaha lol 

Of course I could just bin off the Liverpool thing entirely and sacrifice a bit of midfield firepower for the guaranteed points that is Lukaku (went for Ritchie over Knockaert because imo he's more likely to retain his form in the Prem):

fantasyteam3.thumb.png.b6bca85e8100c26eb13e53c8c5887bcc.png

Don't think I'll stick with this though, still reckon overall I'd get more points from Coutinho or Salah with King or Firmino than with Lukaku & Ritchie.

• Like 1

That makes 4 of us. Hoping we can have at least 4 more players on board but the goal is to have the maximum amount of players/teams (that's 16). I think the closest we can have the draft is the 3rd of August.

for Anyone too lazy to click the link

"

Fantasy Premier League Draft is here, bringing a new and exciting way of playing the world’s most popular Fantasy game.

It is free to play and can run alongside your Fantasy Premier League season; it even uses the same familiar scoring system.

The two games have much in common, with one vital twist.

You will still need to pick a 15-man squad but each player can only be selected by one manager in your league.

There are no player prices and no budgets, with managers using a draft system to build their squads.

In the draft, each manager takes their turn to select players over 15 rounds.

The order of picks is decided randomly at first and will then “snake” from round to round, with the pick order reversed each time.

For example:
Round 1: Team A, Team B, Team C, Team D
Round 2: Team D, Team C, Team B, Team A

If you are not yet signed up to Fantasy Premier League you will first need to register an account.

Then you just need to name your team and join a league.

You can create a private league of up to 16 managers and invite friends to get involved or join one that they have set up using the league code.

Alternatively, sign up to a public league along with seven other randomly assigned managers.

Prepare for draft day

The date of the draft is set by the league administrator, while drafts in public leagues will take place 24 hours after the first team joins.

Prior to the draft, you can build a watchlist of players.

These will be your potential targets during the draft and will also be used to automatically select a player if you are not available to make a pick.

Once the draft has taken place, you can tailor your squad prior to and over the season using waiver requests or free agency signings."

• Like 1