Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FoxesTalk Fantasy Premier League 2017/18

Anyone played their wildcard yet? After a poor couple of weeks a couple of suspensions/injuries I've activated mine. 

Slightly worried about not having Lukaku but it allows me to have Firmino rather than a budget third striker, and I guess you can't fit all the big boys in the team! Keeping an eye on Sanchez/Hazard for the next few weeks too.

Going to rotate between Elliot and Fabianski in goal depending on who's at home/has the easier fixture. 

IMG_0304.PNG

Edited by Nugent

20 hours ago, Nugent said:

Anyone played their wildcard yet? After a poor couple of weeks a couple of suspensions/injuries I've activated mine. 

Slightly worried about not having Lukaku but it allows me to have Firmino rather than a budget third striker, and I guess you can't fit all the big boys in the team! Keeping an eye on Sanchez/Hazard for the next few weeks too.

Going to rotate between Elliot and Fabianski in goal depending on who's at home/has the easier fixture. 

IMG_0304.PNG

I'm playing mine this week. Had a great first week when I hit 80 plus, but since I've only been hitting 40's and 50's. I've also got 3 injuries and 1 suspension (Mane) so it justifies playing the wildcard. 

• 2 weeks later...

Moved up to 1st this weekend, absolutely loving it this year. Normally I have a very indifferent start so nice that everything seems to be going my way for once :D (touch wood)

Need Morata to come back from injury pretty quick or I might have to take another hit to rejig my forward options. 

Despite our fixtures I'm struggling with whether I should persist with Maguire (and to a lesser extent, Vardy) but not sure where the value is with replacements.

22 hours ago, Xen said:

Moved up to 1st this weekend, absolutely loving it this year. Normally I have a very indifferent start so nice that everything seems to be going my way for once :D (touch wood)

Need Morata to come back from injury pretty quick or I might have to take another hit to rejig my forward options. 

Despite our fixtures I'm struggling with whether I should persist with Maguire (and to a lesser extent, Vardy) but not sure where the value is with replacements.

I may of pipped you for top spot I had a 83 point haul.  

• 2 weeks later...

Top 2.5k OR. 

Wow. Highest ever finish was top 200k when we won the Prem (had Vardy/Mahrez from gw1). 

Putting a lot more thought into it this year, but I'd by lying if I didn't say I've had a lot of lucky breaks. Damn. 

Can guarantee I'll start dropping off now that I've said that haha

A lot of people taking hits to get rid of Kane, from what I've heard.

Seems bizarre. It's only minor so he'll likely be back next week for the match against Palace, which is probably the easiest on paper. Then there's an international break so he'll definitely be back after that.

Had to switch my captain though, so hoping Vardy gets some form back tomorrow.

This week could go either way, have a feeling I'll drop back a bit in the rankings...

Ended up having a stormer with Vardy as captain. Up to the top 750 overall and still got 9 points from Jones to come off the bench and Elliot still to play. 

This has been a ridiculous year for me so far... O.o