Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JimmyB

Honeymoons - Where did you go!?

17 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

3 weeks snowboarding in Lake Tahoe.

I absolutely love Lake Tahoe.  One of my favorite places ever.

We went to on a 3 week Driving holiday to West Coast starting in San Francisco. We planned to stay a week but left after 3 Days didn't like it at all.

Decided to head for lake Tahoe as it sounded nice. After a long drive and through Nappa Valley and eventually came to a T junction that said North Lake or South Lake. Chose North Lake, didn't know though that it was the most expensive end. Checked into a Motel with luxury Chalets right against the Water. It Cost 175$ a night this is in 1992.

I'll never forget the Biltmore Hotel we went there for Breakfast and Dinner everyday, 20$ fed the 5 of us and the portions were huge.  We had planned to stay for 3 or 4 days and stayed for 10. We moved into the Cal Neva Hotel where the state line runs right through the swimming Pool. The Kid used to love standing in the Pool with a leg in each State.

It was owned by Sinatra and the Mafia and is where Marliyn Monroe was alleged to commit suicide.  

Everyone was in Tears when we just had to leave as we wanted to spend  a week in Vegas .Drove across the Sierra Nevada Mountains into Yosemite National Park as the kids wanted to see Yogi Bear. then drove across Death Valley 110 miles across. Always remember Zabrisky Point. were the Temperature was 133 degrees. It was like someone putting a blow torch down your throat. Then on to Vegas where we spent a week. It was nice but wouldn't rush back, plenty of better places in America.

The Kids often still talk about that Holiday.

As for my Honeymoon we went to Norway but that's a whole different story.

14 hours ago, Parafox said:

1986. We went to Blue Anchor Bay (which, if you say it quickly, doesn't sound like Blue Anchor) in Devon in a borrowed static caravan for a week.

The morning we left her parents house we were all waving goodbye, have a great time, see you soon etc. and we ran out of petrol before we even left the road.

3 days in and we were at a beauty spot near Porlock Hill when we came across a body in a car with a pipe to the exhaust.

Memorable honeymoon.

Coleridge was interrupted by a salesperson from Porlock whilst writing Kuala Khan and it is said that he would have written an even greater poem, had this interruption not occurred.

Porlock obvs has a lot to answer for.

2 nights in Singapore, followed by 24 nights in New Zealand, then 2 more nights in Sibgapore. 

Amaaaaaazing. Plus we're both LOTR fans so took in a lot of the film locations. 

Very much once in a lifetime holiday. Even planned the wedding around it (we got married in January to hit their summer). 

8 hours ago, polarbear said:

2 weeks in the Seychelles. Lovely.

on another note my thick ass brother in law recenTly suggested to my in laws for their family holiday they go to 'trivago'

hes 39

lol

Don't hate, I can remember my sister saying she had been asked to find out about Euthanasia in school so I lent her an atlas.

my cousin and his wife are in the rockies for their honeymoon atm and i have to say the pics are incredilble.

we went in the winter but i have to say the colours of summer make for some good romantic scenes after a long ball sweaty hike

2 hours ago, polarbear said:

my cousin and his wife are in the rockies for their honeymoon atm and i have to say the pics are incredilble.

we went in the winter but i have to say the colours of summer make for some good romantic scenes after a long ball sweaty hike

That's not the hike that's made them sweat.

10 days all inclusive in the Maldives (South islands - cheaper end), knowing that I'd not be on holiday for another 10 years minimum.

Beautiful place, but others enjoying themselves on our outpost included Iraqi Generals (who were treated like kings), and loads of rich Russians with their blatant hooker girlfriends, who treated the staff like dirt and didn't tip.

4 hours ago, sphericalfox said:

10 days all inclusive in the Maldives (South islands - cheaper end), knowing that I'd not be on holiday for another 10 years minimum.

Beautiful place, but others enjoying themselves on our outpost included Iraqi Generals (who were treated like kings), and loads of rich Russians with their blatant hooker girlfriends, who treated the staff like dirt and didn't tip.

Being married for awhile this almost seema like a dream come true minus the heroes of course.

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, JimmyB said:

Booked the other day. 4 days in Dubai followed by a week in the Maldives. Can’t bloody wait. If I win the lottery before we leave then we’ll tag a Safari on the end but as it stands no chance of affording that unfortunately. 

If this also means you win before you are married then don't get married. lol

Some great trips in this thread!

we were due to spend a month in Japan, but the tsunami hit the morning of our wedding. We were able to re book the whole thing, didn’t lose a penny. Instead spent a week in singapore, a week in Malaysia and two weeks in Bali. Good times. 

4 minutes ago, Monk said:

Some great trips in this thread!

we were due to spend a month in Japan, but the tsunami hit the morning of our wedding. We were able to re book the whole thing, didn’t lose a penny. Instead spent a week in singapore, a week in Malaysia and two weeks in Bali. Good times. 

Bet the earth moved on the wedding night.

Archived