Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Acid attacks

WTF is wrong with the world?

A teenager has been arrested after corrosive substances were thrown in peoples' faces in five attacks across north-east London .

31 minutes ago, davieG said:

A teenager has been arrested after corrosive substances were thrown in peoples' faces in five attacks across north-east London .

Zero consequences for younger kids, that's a big problem. Schools can't do anything about bad behaviour, police can't do anything about bad behaviour and too many parents either don't care or look to blame someone else rather them them and their own. These dickheads would have started out with petty stuff and just gone up a level over time because nobody does or says anything to stop them.

I caught some kids throwing stones at an old lady's windows. I grabbed one of them and gave them a rollocking. Next thing I know I have the police turn up at my house and I get done for assault for daring to touch someone to stop them attacking someones property, the kids? Nothing. It starts with things like that.

People doing these sorts of things are just the lowest of the low though, can't think of many more cowardly disgusting things around at the minute than this. It's going to get a damn site worse as well, this is just the beginning.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Zero consequences for younger kids, that's a big problem. Schools can't do anything about bad behaviour, police can't do anything about bad behaviour and too many parents either don't care or look to blame someone else rather them them and their own. These dickheads would have started out with petty stuff and just gone up a level over time because nobody does or says anything to stop them.

I caught some kids throwing stones at an old lady's windows. I grabbed one of them and gave them a rollocking. Next thing I know I have the police turn up at my house and I get done for assault for daring to touch someone to stop them attacking someones property, the kids? Nothing. It starts with things like that.

People doing these sorts of things are just the lowest of the low though, can't think of many more cowardly disgusting things around at the minute than this. It's going to get a damn site worse as well, this is just the beginning.

Did you actually get prosecuted? Convicted?

3 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Did you actually get prosecuted? Convicted?

I got taken down the station and was told I'd be prosecuted if I didn't write a letter of apology, I did so to make it go away (I wish I'd not) but I only agreed to do so on the basis of the kid writing one to the woman who's house they stoned. When it came to writing their letter the parents told the police to do one. I've not got a record or anything, but they said a note stays on my file about assaulting someone.

38 minutes ago, davieG said:

Police seem to think all the attacks were connected - probably done by the same kid who's been arrested.

Robbery seems to be the motive - the bloke worst injured was a take-away delivery driver and the aim was to steal his moped.

2 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Police seem to think all the attacks were connected - probably done by the same kid who's been arrested.

Robbery seems to be the motive - the bloke worst injured was a take-away delivery driver and the aim was to steal his moped.

I think the motive goes beyond robbery, you want to rob someone get a knife and just threaten someone. This is about more than that, this is about ruining peoples entire lives. It's sick and twisted.

14 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I think the motive goes beyond robbery, you want to rob someone get a knife and just threaten someone. This is about more than that, this is about ruining peoples entire lives. It's sick and twisted.

Depends - maybe easier to source this acid than a knife if under 18. Not saying it's acceptable. It's madness. 

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Depends - maybe easier to source this acid than a knife if under 18. Not saying it's acceptable. It's madness. 

I would guess if you're the sort of person who doesn't mind throwing acid in peoples faces, you're capable of getting a knife.

21 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Maybe. It may transpire that the perpetrator was some sort of sadist intent on ruining people's lives as well as taking their possessions.

Alternatively, it might just be a particularly ruthless form of robbery that he saw as lower-risk. Yes, if you want to rob someone, you can just threaten them with a knife - but you run the risk that they also have a knife or weapon, particularly if possession of knives is becoming more common among the young, as we read. Throw acid in someone's face and there's little risk of them fighting back or knifing you....of course that also entails some sort of nihilism or contempt for the lives of others.

Disgusting stuff either way - and I hope it gets clamped down on rapidly. I've not heard of many previous cases of acid being used in criminal scenarios, mainly just revenge attacks, particularly against women (often Asian women). We don't want it happening at all, but we certainly don't want it to become commonplace in street crime.

Guest BlueBrett

I can't deal with this kind of shit. It's just horrible, actually sickening. Anyone tries something like this on anyone I know and I swear I'll ****ing flay them game of thrones style

18 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

This is the world we've created. They have no respect for other people. Where is respect learned? 

I can never get my head around this tbf. I know what you're saying, but it's not a world I'VE created. For me, schools have become too lax in their discipline, parents have become utterly ridiculous with their kids and the criminal justice system is just too soft.

Ive not caused this. It's been caused by liberal lefties hasn't it? The quest for a risk-free, completely politically correct, health and safety driven world is what has caused this isn't it?

The problem is, I can never see it changing back. The system reproduces itself with no one seemingly having any power to halt it. It's like it's own entity.... not being able to say certain things for fear of retribution, not being able to exercise any discipline for fear of complaint and having to be so careful regarding who can sue who, for what.

Its hardly surprising kids don't know the rules is it. Because, quite frankly, what are the rules?

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

I can never get my head around this tbf. I know what you're saying, but it's not a world I'VE created. For me, schools have become too lax in their discipline, parents have become utterly ridiculous with their kids and the criminal justice system is just too soft.

Ive not caused this. It's been caused by liberal lefties hasn't it? The quest for a risk-free, completely politically correct, health and safety driven world is what has caused this isn't it?

The problem is, I can never see it changing back. The system reproduces itself with no one seemingly having any power to halt it. It's like it's own entity.... not being able to say certain things for fear of retribution, not being able to exercise any discipline for fear of complaint and having to be so careful regarding who can sue who, for what.

Its hardly surprising kids don't know the rules is it.

The fact that's it starting from a ridiculously young age is the most worrying thing. My sister-in-law works a nursery, a boy decided to get angry over toys and punch another kid (not sure if it was a boy or girl, doesn't matter tbf) so she told him off, told him he wasn't supposed to do that because it was mean. Naturally kid starts crying, he tells his mommy what the "nasty" person said to him at finishing time, mum goes mad and starts yelling at my sister-in-law telling her she doesn't have the right to tell her kid off and he can do what he wants he's just a kid etc etc

Glad I don't work in that job, I'd be locked up before you could say "discipline" :nigel:

1 minute ago, Innovindil said:

The fact that's it starting from a ridiculously young age is the most worrying thing. My sister-in-law works a nursery, a boy decided to get angry over toys and punch another kid (not sure if it was a boy or girl, doesn't matter tbf) so she told him off, told him he wasn't supposed to do that because it was mean. Naturally kid starts crying, he tells his mommy what the "nasty" person said to him at finishing time, mum goes mad and starts yelling at my sister-in-law telling her she doesn't have the right to tell her kid off and he can do what he wants he's just a kid etc etc

Glad I don't work in that job, I'd be locked up before you could say "discipline" :nigel:

Excellent example mate. When this sort of thing exists it's game over isn't it?

Its like some parents are unwilling to take responsibility for their kids doing ANYTHING wrong.

I hear similar stories all the time.

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Its hardly surprising kids don't know the rules is it. Because, quite frankly, what are the rules?

It's the world our society has created, and you and me, are part of that society. The problem with liberal lefties is that they can't understand that not everyone likes each other and there is an order to everything.  When i was at school, which is where i think most of your respect for other people comes from as you learn from your peers and teachers through discipline, if you did something wrong, morally wrong, you got the cane or detention or the threat of being expelled, if you acted a twat, you'd get a kicking from an older lad, so you learnt respect. Now, it seems, teachers cannot touch kids and "bullying" has been removed from schools so there is no-one to keep young lads in check. 

The bottom line is now so low.

My daughter is a primary school teacher she had a 4 year old that had both legs down one leg hole in her knickers but wasn't allowed to correct it so the kid spent the whole time in that state.

So why we're worrying about this sort of thing they also can't do anything to bring control and respect to those that seemingly don't have any.

1 minute ago, davieG said:

The bottom line is now so low.

My daughter is a primary school teacher she had a 4 year old that had both legs down one leg hole in her knickers but wasn't allowed to correct it so the kid spent the whole time in that state.

So why we're worrying about this sort of thing they also can't do anything to bring control and respect to those that seemingly don't have any.

You see, that's just utterly ridiculous. Leaving a kid in that state is ridiculous.

Its the general ridiculousness of the whole thing that I can never fathom.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

You see, that's just utterly ridiculous. Leaving a kid in that state is ridiculous.

Its the general ridiculousness of the whole thing that I can never fathom.

This is partly due to the over reaction by a mass of people to any unhappy event even it's a 1 in a million type thing. Social media is making it worst with hysterical responses now steam rolling across the network.

Rules and barriers are then put in to prevent a repeat, even if it was unlikely and this often causes a negative domino type of affect on other areas so we all end up treading on eggshells whilst people still get away with horrendous crimes because of the preventative barriers that have been put in.

As I've said on here before I saw an obviously distress lost little girl some time back but feared going to help so had to fetch my wife to go and help.

(I'm not sure that all make sense or is clear as to what i'm trying to explain but I know what i mean :P)

35 minutes ago, davieG said:

This is partly due to the over reaction by a mass of people to any unhappy event even it's a 1 in a million type thing. Social media is making it worst with hysterical responses now steam rolling across the network.

Rules and barriers are then put in to prevent a repeat, even if it was unlikely and this often causes a negative domino type of affect on other areas so we all end up treading on eggshells whilst people still get away with horrendous crimes because of the preventative barriers that have been put in.

As I've said on here before I saw an obviously distress lost little girl some time back but feared going to help so had to fetch my wife to go and help.

(I'm not sure that all make sense or is clear as to what i'm trying to explain but I know what i mean :P)

Absolutely spot on, as usual Davie.

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

I had a similar story years ago when I was managing in a pub/restaurant. The little shits were running round everywhere so I politely got them to stop for a moment, got down to their level and politely asked them to stop, explaining that it's dangerous for them to be running around people carrying hot food and heavy plates etc. They obviously went crying back to mummy and daddy who then proceeded to shout at me for (again), daring to try to tell them how to raise their kids. I simply explained there's a playground outside where their kids can play, but i they carry on inside, I can't be held responsible if any heavy objects or boiling jugs of gravy fall on their kids. They quickly changed their tone and ushered their kids outside lol 

Archived