Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Acid attacks

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Personally I've always thought it's both. What's the point in parents working with kids to understand consequences/discipline when there's none at school? And vice verca. Schools can have no control when parents let their kids run utter riot. Clear as day to me that one is.

When I was at school Col and no doubt the same as you. There were a few kids that were much more naughty than the rest. What did those kids have in common? I remember them being described as from broken homes (as in single parents), now what is much more common in this day and age is single parenthood. The naughty kids at my children's school largely come from single parent families, not all but most. If there is no discipline at home and no consequence how can the school punish a child? 

19 minutes ago, Strokes said:

When I was at school Col and no doubt the same as you. There were a few kids that were much more naughty than the rest. What did those kids have in common? I remember them being described as from broken homes (as in single parents), now what is much more common in this day and age is single parenthood. The naughty kids at my children's school largely come from single parent families, not all but most. If there is no discipline at home and no consequence how can the school punish a child? 

Not in my experience no. There were 'problem families' mainly with problem kids. Again, I can even think of their names. Generally, LARGER families actually, and in my experience, off council estates. I say again though, these were in the minority when I was at school (state comp). You knew to avoid them cos you'd get beaten up.

The teachers had disicipline and there were implications. From what I hear, the same school (I won't mention it) is now a fookin nightmare. I've personally never known a correlation between 'problem kids' and single parent families. There might be one, but I've never known any.

35 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Not in my experience no. There were 'problem families' mainly with problem kids. Again, I can even think of their names. Generally, LARGER families actually, and in my experience, off council estates. I say again though, these were in the minority when I was at school (state comp). You knew to avoid them cos you'd get beaten up.

The teachers had disicipline and there were implications. From what I hear, the same school (I won't mention it) is now a fookin nightmare. I've personally never known a correlation between 'problem kids' and single parent families. There might be one, but I've never known any.

I've not got the energy for this, so we will just have to agree to disagree.

9 hours ago, Thracian said:

I don't go round robbing people or stabbing people or selling them drugs or pimping women.

That's all fine and well, but you haven't distanced yourself from allegations of acid throwing - so I'm afraid I have to ask you to remain available for further questioning and not make plans to leave the country.

In other news, I now have to return the knives, drugs and whores as they won't do for Thracian's secret Santa present.

20 minutes ago, Daggers said:

That's all fine and well, but you haven't distanced yourself from allegations of acid throwing - so I'm afraid I have to ask you to remain available for further questioning and not make plans to leave the country.

In other news, I now have to return the knives, drugs and whores as they won't do for Thracian's secret Santa present.

Haha - I don't even throw my golf clubs now! 

On 14/07/2017 at 16:49, Col city fan said:

I know for a fact that implications was the reason why I didn't nick stuff, for instance. Like most kids, I suggest, the temptation of the shiny thing on the sweet counter or your favourite little toy could be overwhelming. For me, it was footy stickers. Panini stickers.

Why I didn't nick em was due to three things: an inner feeling that it was 'wrong' to do so (probably stemming from my family members, not only my parents), because I knew id be fookin embarrassed if I got caught and finally because my mum would have grounded me for weeks.

Implications....

Nowadays I suggest kids are so protected that these 'implications' are not as severe. I knew for a fact that my mum would never have been tried to protect me if I'd have been caught red handed with anything. Id have been humiliated by the whole family.

It worked. I ain't ever nicked anything.

Respect, moral values, values stemming from a healthy family environment, even your mates keeping you on the straight and narrow...all matter.

Nowadays it seems to be 'cool' to actively disrespect just about everything. 

I tell you something else as well, which about sums it up for me. The first time ANY kid at my senior school hit a teacher, there was absolute uproar. I can genuinely even remember after all these years, the teachers name. The kid was instantly expelled  (no chances, investigations, or other such bollox). The year must have been c.1981. 

These days, from what I hear, it's commonplace? If that's 'progress' it can go and fook itself.

Are we being lectured on the morality of kids by someone with a child swearing as their profile picture?

Your attacks on liberal lefties in this thread are pathetic, the reason why people are not allowed to discipline or touch kids is because kids were being abused by people in authority. Not some liberal left agenda, but to protect kids, you can argue it has gone to far into the realms of ridiculous, but this wasn't all part of some conspiracy to  get people to vote Labour. The stories of abuse from schools and other institutions are hideoous and something had to be done to protect vulnerable children.

God knows what possessed these people to throw acid at people, it is a vile and disgusting act and one that cannot be simplified by stating it is a result of the "nanny state" or lefty liberals.

Archived