Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hugo Sanchez

Alan Young in hospital

3 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Anything to keep warm that night lol 

lol

I was actually colder at Hull away in the cup, sometime late seventies; the local Neanderthals put a brick through the coach window and we half froze to death on the journey home.

Edited by Buce

I seem to remember the Oldham keeper giving us a bit of jip and us not reacting too kindly. Youngy signed for us a few months later and scored two on his debut against watford on the first day of the 2nd division championship season under Jock which for a young kid I was then was a totally magical time.

Edited by Crazy Kop Corner
  • Like 2

On 16/07/2017 at 20:42, Crazy Kop Corner said:

I seem to remember the Oldham keeper giving us a bit of jip and us not reacting too kindly. Youngy signed for us a few months later and scored two on his debut against watford on the first day of the 2nd division championship season under Jock which for a young kid I was then was a totally magical time.

I can remember being in the loo that day in pen 3 I think. Sure one of the goals was a header straight in front of me ?? As you say, a magical period. Felt like you were actually part of the game. 

I remember as a 12 year old going to Belvoir Drive to watch the training, following Youngy and Mark Wallington off the pitch. Youngy was having a right go at Wallington, to the point that I felt really uncomfortable that my hero was having a go at one of my other heroes. It bothered me at the time, and I still remember it clearly to this day, could well of got into a worse situation if it wasn't for Wallington being more calm and calculated. Perhaps something that shouldn't have gone on in front of a 12 year old boy.

I think though that during that era Youngy was every lads hero.

On 15/07/2017 at 15:31, Old Fox said:

Youngy.....get well pal from another who remembers him so fondly....

The bullet header against Saints in the cup before his starring role against the Shrews....actually he is quite a gent and a city nutcase......

best wishes Youngy ......

Do you know if that Saints game is floating about on the internet anywhere?

40 minutes ago, dynamark said:

I hope that was a slip of the computer finger.

Matt is getting better -on the radio-but still a game of two halves on a large fence

HA HA

So whose your man of the match then Matt ?

Well that's a tricky one ... Vardy was sharp , Wes put in a shift , Simpson was solid , Kasper good on crosses.

So who is your man of the match then Matt ?

Difficult to decide but I'd give it to .  mmmm ... not sure really .... no it's got to be Albrighton.

But Alrighton did not play ?.

Is that the case I did not realise that ... so what do you know ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

HA HA

So whose your man of the match then Matt ?

Well that's a tricky one ... Vardy was sharp , Wes put in a shift , Simpson was solid , Kasper good on crosses.

So who is your man of the match then Matt ?

Difficult to decide but I'd give it to .  mmmm ... not sure really .... no it's got to be Albrighton.

But Alrighton did not play ?.

Is that the case I did not realise that ... so what do you know ?

Are you ok?

6 minutes ago, Aarongu said:

I agree that 100lcfc are bottom feeders. 

The idea is fine but the people behind it are deplorable.

One guy won a pizza on thier live stream a few weeks back, vowed to give it to a homeless charity and then they withheld the pizza.

Vile.

• Like 2