Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

Gambling

On 18/07/2017 at 11:19, RobHawk said:

So this is going to come across as a huge sell! But **** it why not. 

Over the last 15 months I've averaged £1000 a month profit from matched betting. I do it 1-2hours a day, alongside working full time, having a family etc.

over the past few months I've set up a website to try and help others learn how to access this additional income like I have.  It's free to access, but there are affiliate links to online products that do cost money. There's also a Facebook group, so people can ask questions, share experiences etc.

On 18/07/2017 at 13:25, James. said:

Pitching your gambling website in a thread where people are opening up about their gambling problems / addictions lol

(this is partly tongue in cheek I do understand that matched betting isn't the same as outright gambling)

596e0436b0816_businessaward.png.890944502a75199f0f541f0e8a4a620f.png

31 minutes ago, James. said:

Pitching your gambling website in a thread where people are opening up about their gambling problems / addictions lol

(this is partly tongue in cheek I do understand that matched betting isn't the same as outright gambling)

man knows his target audience tbf 

Ha ha! Thanks guys especially Buce for the award.

I only read the first post if I'm honest which mentions nothing about gambling problems, so having read the rest on the thread now it doesn't look great. I appreciate all your posts were tongue in cheek and I did chuckle, but I am going to get serious for a minute. 

So here's the deal, I hate bookies, they are scum and they do target vulnerable people with gambling addictions and exploit them. You do well from them, they bonus ban or stake restrict you. They are not regulated as they should be and are essentially just Cowboys doing what they like and hiding behind bullshit terms and conditions. It makes turning the tables and taking money off them all the more enjoyable.

so if you have a gambling addiction, stay away from my website, but watch this space as I'm currently investigating other methods for making money online. 

Now @Buce, where's that award??

As a recovering gambling addict myself who had a problem,attended ga for 3 years(I slipped up last year on them fobt machine but that's been my only bet in over 5 years)

they are the devil,everyone is different but I wish I had the guidance and awareness we gave today back when I started gambling,

imo no amount of money you win is life changing when on these machines,even if you won 10k,you would clearly have a gambling issue in order the gamble an amount sufficient to win so big,

my advise as a non gamble is don't gamble,

however it's me with the problem not you,

so stick to a few quid on the footy and enjoy it,

plus it takes longer to lose your money gambling on football rather than them machines :thumbup:

I tend to take them for a ride, generally. Had paddy power freeze £1800 last month until I provided a whole heap of documentation which was highly annoying and the customer service team were cnts.

Its no no way to make a living though, unless your laying, in fact it's not even something anyone should do regularly. I tend to wait for the, to fck up on odds which happens reasonably frequently in the sports I follow (bar football) or play black jack online which as a stats analyst with computer programming knowledge is reasonably lucrative if I get out at the right time. Chasing losses is the killer for me but normally manage to stop or win it back.

avoid it like the plague unless your extremely well read on what your betting on is my advice

On 17/07/2017 at 09:48, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

Fobts are evil, I've been addicted for years, dropped a grand in one yesterday from a shop I excluded from, lol what a joke that process is, nobody said boo.

Gambling addiction is horrible, it's crazy how you just dissociate from rationality and your normal personality, it just takes over. It makes me sick to my stomach to think of how much money I have mindlessly fed into those things.

Anyone reading this, take my advice (excuse the cliches) the bookies always win, there is no such thing as a winner just a prolonged loser.

Dont play them if you are prone to impulsiveness they will RUIN your life, as they nearly have mine.

Anyone know if going to the gp will yield proper therapy on the NHS, I've tried counselling through gamcare but it only works temporarily for me. One little trigger and bang keybet/deal or no deal roulette. Pathetic really.

Only read up to your post but I'm pretty sure being a self excluded customer you can claim that money back if you wanted to. Would get them into hot water letting you play. 

On on the other hand you knew you were deceiving them so it's probably not very ethical to do this 

29 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Only read up to your post but I'm pretty sure being a self excluded customer you can claim that money back if you wanted to. Would get them into hot water letting you play. 

On on the other hand you knew you were deceiving them so it's probably not very ethical to do this 

Nope. It's still ultimately your own responsibility. Especially on Fobt's. 

Bookies can be busy and full of people trying to scam you. 

As an employee, you would disable the machine and ask self excluded customer to leave the premises, then fill out a report for the Gambling Commission. 

We had some idiot who self excluded but came in every day. He was spotted straight away and asked to leave all the time, got to the point that staff were being abused, very close to being physical too, by him and his friends. Had to get the police involved in the end.

39 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Nope. It's still ultimately your own responsibility. Especially on Fobt's. 

Bookies can be busy and full of people trying to scam you. 

As an employee, you would disable the machine and ask self excluded customer to leave the premises, then fill out a report for the Gambling Commission. 

We had some idiot who self excluded but came in every day. He was spotted straight away and asked to leave all the time, got to the point that staff were being abused, very close to being physical too, by him and his friends. Had to get the police involved in the end.

I work in a bookies too and have been told that they are within their rights to claim money back if they've self excluded. Same with under 18's. seemed odd to me too when I was told

I played a lot of fixed odds games online and a bit of roulette too and was a steady loser until i lost more (way more) than I could one day.

I needed a gambling fix in my life but realised that those stupid games were not the way forward.  I needed something that I could learn, become skilled and develop an edge.  So I took up poker and find it much easier to control the amounts I stake.  I prefer tournaments as it satisfies my competitive nature and makes the wins taste even sweeter.  While I have probably spent more time playing poker than I perhaps should have in the past, I would hate to think what state my life would be if I hadn't found poker.

I do a couple of quid on a footy acca at the weekends as well as the F1, never more than a fiver.  Adds a bit of an edge to any sporting event.

I don't do the lottery. 

On 20/07/2017 at 17:38, foxfanazer said:

No chance mate, they will say that it was to busy for them to notice me in there and that self exclusion is a partnership with equal responsibility. I'm not going to court for £1000 

That money is gone but I haven't gambled since so hopefully it's a turning point.

Archived