Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lincs sam

No more discount with season tickets

2 hours ago, MrSpaM said:

Saying 'If you buy a pint at the ground you get some points on your season ticket' just sounds like a very confusing way of doing things, now your collecting two sets of points, one for merchandise and one for matchday tickets, and it's bound to confuse people

No it's pretty plain.

We have an away system.

A membership home points system and now they are replacing the 10% discount with a points per spend system.

Now ok the last bit is a bit shit because before if you spent 6 quid or 600 you saved cash. This will reward the rich granted.

But palace for example reward per spend and that gives you priority for aways which is a joke as season ticket holders get 500 points yet spending in the shop earns you the same points if you spend enough.

This is litterally no more than a tesco clubcard.

From what I have seen.

Sure I'm going to get hounded on here but actually when the dust settles on this I actually think it could be a great scheme. We don't know yet how much the points accumulated can add up to. If you're a die hard home and away, you'd ultimately enjoy a larger discount than those who do home only; I would say it's actually fair.

i think you guys are upset as you had something that's been taken away so I get the initial anger, but you don't know what this looks like yet so give it a shot before hounding the owners. It has potential to work; it could fall on its arse but if it works I can see a lot of others following the model, it rewards proper loyalty, thought u guys were all over that?

Other thing is it will stop ST's buying for all their mates using the discount ?

8 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

It was discussed in February's FCC meeting 

4.    The Club put forward the idea of launching a loyalty scheme in place of the 10% discount currently offered. The scheme received positive feedback. Stuart Johncock advised that the Club has introduced a loyalty system whereby points can be earned by accessing the website. The launch date is yet to be agreed but will be in July, once the software and new websites are up and running. The Club will develop a full breakdown of how points can be earned and redeemed.

"The scheme received positive feedback".

Hmm, doesn't mean it received universal acclaim.

The change to a loyalty points system per se isn't a bad move.

But what's gone awfully wrong here in the case with LCFC is the communication of the change and the pace at which it was done.

How many people did in fact know about the change beforehand and why couldn't the club wait for another year, whilst the current scheme runs for one final season?

Would've been a much nicer handoff.

1 hour ago, Hollism said:

Is there any kind of official statement from the club on this? Or are we just going off what the poorly trained staff are saying in the shop?

Yes official statement is "piss off you're not getting your 10% off anymore so suck it up losers" :sge:

4 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

A bit more info

The panel discussed benefits for Season Ticket Holders, with the Club looking to see how many Season Ticket Holders use the benefits available and how often. During the January ‘Your 90 Minutes’ meeting, Season Ticket Holders were asked for their thoughts on the introduction of a Loyalty Reward Scheme, where supporters accumulate points based on their activity and interactions with the Club, which are then redeemable against retail purchases or ‘money can’t buy experiences’.

Feedback from supporters, who turned up wearing lcfc jackets, track suits, shirts, hats and scarves was very positive and supporters were very welcoming to the idea shown by the positive feedback they gave on their lcfc note pads written upon with their lcfc pens. Some even placed cuddly filbert the foxes on the table in front of them for good luck. They would like to see rewards given to supporters on their birthdays too. 

Edited to include the full quote :whistle:

3 hours ago, Filberts lovechild said:

hounding the owners.

It won't be the owners it's more likely to be Stuart Johncock and Jamie Tabor. Both of whom aren't football people and see us as customers rather than supporters. 

I'm not naive and I know the club need maximise revenues but the clubs non-sporting operations are some of the worst examples of 'modern football' behaviour. Everything from under 2's membership to having to pick up tickets for the CL away games to the desire to saturate every space inside the ground with advertising to detriment of fans' wishes.

Aside from the from the increasing amount of gold and King Power branding the owners generally have the fans in mind but most of the rest of the club doesn't. 

The club shouldn't treat the fans the way it does as German clubs are for the most part considerably worse off financially but remain competitive in Europe and fans there are treated with respect.

8 hours ago, Wookie said:

It won't be the owners it's more likely to be Stuart Johncock and Jamie Tabor. Both of whom aren't football people and see us as customers rather than supporters. 

I'm not naive and I know the club need maximise revenues but the clubs non-sporting operations are some of the worst examples of 'modern football' behaviour. Everything from under 2's membership to having to pick up tickets for the CL away games to the desire to saturate every space inside the ground with advertising to detriment of fans' wishes.

Aside from the from the increasing amount of gold and King Power branding the owners generally have the fans in mind but most of the rest of the club doesn't. 

The club shouldn't treat the fans the way it does as German clubs are for the most part considerably worse off financially but remain competitive in Europe and fans there are treated with respect.

You'll know more than me because you go over there but it just seems as if German clubs/football don't see it as a business like over here. It's all about money in the Premier League. Even with all the money clubs make from tv packages, the Premier League itself, Champions League (if applicable) yet still look for ways to get every penny. 

It could easily be resolved if they gave, and maybe they will a starting number of points for the purchase of their STs especially if that works out more or less equivalent to the 10%.

What's not going to work very well is having to swipe people's cards at the kiosks. Presumably none ST holders will have to have a points collecting card or we all will have to have new/2nd one.

22 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

I dont know how much profit tge club makes from the store. ... i expect it is irrelevant in comparison with the tv money.... the pl place money.... let alone our european earnings.  I  suspect even the ticket money is no big deal in comparison.

Why have they chosen now to remove this small incentive to st holders ..  it might mean they sell less. 

It shows how short sighted and amature the commercial team is.

Points are to encourage loyalty... but in this context i cant say... oh i am going to buy a cov shirt if i they dont give me a reward for my lcfc loyalty points. ..  its not competitive in that way.

Imo the kids shirts should be at cost to ensure every kid in leics has a foxes shirt rather than liverpool etc..... they will be be fans/customers of the future.. it is a land grab

This is amature  (.... in another life i was a retail consultant to the biggest.... so i know what i am talking about)

2 hours ago, davieG said:

It could easily be resolved if they gave, and maybe they will a starting number of points for the purchase of their STs especially if that works out more or less equivalent to the 10%.

What's not going to work very well is having to swipe people's cards at the kiosks. Presumably none ST holders will have to have a points collecting card or we all will have to have new/2nd one.

Nothing is happening at the kiosk, this is for season ticket holders only 

Just going to say I don't buy enough for it to make much of a difference to me but considering the season we have just had, where we have generated record revenue it's a pretty poor move.

I don't get the shirt, as nice as the away kit, is as I would only really wear it for summer/spring home games (I just feel wearing a football shirt on any other occasion is a bit naff).

I do like the polo training tops though, I went into the shop on Sunday to get this years but was put off by the rubbery feel of the design on the sleeves. Unconvinced I put it back and came away to think about it. That loss of the 10% discount probably means I won't bother.

17 hours ago, Wookie said:

And customers who I doubt would be listened to over certain issues. I couldn't see them taking too much notice if we had a sizeable group not wanting the clappers or goal music.

They didn't need to take the discount away, I'm not sure how long it has been around but it was certainly going and an incentive when the football was poor and season ticket sales much lower than now. They are probably flogging more tat than ever before and feel they can change these initiatives without too much complaint. I doubt they'd have done this if we had less interest in the club and we 15th in the Championship.

I hope whoever is using this scheme can update us on the difference they see between the 10% discount and the points system.

2 hours ago, Corky said:

I couldn't see them taking too much notice if we had a sizeable group not wanting the clappers or goal music.

According to the information from the last meeting

Clappers are here to stay for the long term 

only issue with clappers have been in L1 where they have been withdrawn in that section since the Crystal Palace game after numerous incidents 

other different sample types of clappers are being tested 

goal music is on the agenda to be discussed at the next meeting 

Very crafty Fox indeed. They know they already have the season ticket sales wrapped up ( all sold out ) so there is no longer any reason for them to dangle any little discount carrot into buying a season ticket.

Well as far as I'm concerned they can stuff their silly points system where the sun don't shine . I will eat and drink anywhere but in the ground because the food and drink are poor standard and the queuing is ridiculous.

If enough people do likewise they will have to change their minds. Make it unworkable by ignoring it . They soon changed their minds about those ridiculous purple arm patches when they realised no one was going buy a shirt with it on . People power can sometimes work.  

On 17/07/2017 at 20:04, Filberts lovechild said:

Sure I'm going to get hounded on here but actually when the dust settles on this I actually think it could be a great scheme. We don't know yet how much the points accumulated can add up to. If you're a die hard home and away, you'd ultimately enjoy a larger discount than those who do home only; I would say it's actually fair.

i think you guys are upset as you had something that's been taken away so I get the initial anger, but you don't know what this looks like yet so give it a shot before hounding the owners. It has potential to work; it could fall on its arse but if it works I can see a lot of others following the model, it rewards proper loyalty, thought u guys were all over that?

Other thing is it will stop ST's buying for all their mates using the discount ?

Let's see I got my son £125 worth of training kit and normal kit, my youngest £40 kit myself £50 top I would have save £21.50 I can't see me getting points equivalent to that! 

Just now, chapero82 said:

Let's see I got my son £125 worth of training kit and normal kit, my youngest £40 kit myself £50 top I would have save £21.50 I can't see me getting points equivalent to that! 

You won't get any points because it's not started yet, you lose £21.50, LCFC gain £21.50 :nigel:

Not too surprised with the withdrawal of the 10% discount. They obviously think that there is no need to offer incentives to Season Ticket holders. When they first took over you could get the discount at King Power stores in Thailand, which made the alcohol well worth buying, this however was withdrawn after the first season. They probably need the extra 10% to help fund the money they will have to pay back to the Thai government!

Archived