Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brighton - 19th August

23 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Also, if you are a STH you expect priority over general sale. Wouldn't be exactly fair to sell tickets to any man and his dog when STH's cannot buy any extra tickets (for friends/family for example).

I also understand the point of the club almost forcing the £60 membership onto people. However, football is a business and they need to make money to compensate those big transfer fees and wages these days. Unfortunately football has gone mad and fans get exposed. As long as people pay for it there will be no major changes.

And the idea of memberships is to get priority before sth(additional tickets) and general sale, some little minds can't understand that.

5 minutes ago, red5 said:

And the idea of memberships is to get priority before sth(additional tickets) and general sale, some little minds can't understand that.

But didn't memberships get priority over st holders.. and now as there are some left they have been made available to ST holders...

2 hours ago, Bayfox said:

His point, £60 quid for a membership, when all you need is a season ticket holder to buy you some extra, this is just a way to avoid offering general sale. In the hope they sell some more memberships, as you can't buy without knowing someone who has one or the other.

I know someone who rang the club got told can't buy without membership, rang a season ticket holder who brought 2 for him. stupid system.

Ok fair enough but we are not doing it any differently to most other clubs 

most clubs do this system of offering tickets to members first if not sold then members and season ticket holders get the option to buy extra 

if any left after that then they go to general sale 

Hello All,

after trying to find tickets on the official site I have come to the conclusion that i need to spend £60 just to see if there are any left.   I could well be doing it all wrong though.

Not  Leicester or Brighton (we are Liverpool) but I have lived in both towns; they are both my second teams. Anyway we are visiting family in the area and my little lad loves going to football matches and i was hoping to be able to take him to this one.

So if anybody can save me from gillingham vs the MK dons (he really is that keen and grandma in in MK) then please let me know if you have any spares.

The other question is do you get people many selling spares on match day ?  is it worth turning up and taking a chance outside the ground ?

Thanks for any help.

On 16/08/2017 at 20:03, Blue Fox 72 said:

Single Adult ticket available for this match. West stand block B1 row M. Face value is £44. Can meet at ground before the game.

PM me if interested.

Will take £35 for this ticket if anyone wants it?

Edit: Now sold.

12 hours ago, RedLeicester said:

Hello All,

after trying to find tickets on the official site I have come to the conclusion that i need to spend £60 just to see if there are any left.   I could well be doing it all wrong though.

Not  Leicester or Brighton (we are Liverpool) but I have lived in both towns; they are both my second teams. Anyway we are visiting family in the area and my little lad loves going to football matches and i was hoping to be able to take him to this one.

So if anybody can save me from gillingham vs the MK dons (he really is that keen and grandma in in MK) then please let me know if you have any spares.

The other question is do you get people many selling spares on match day ?  is it worth turning up and taking a chance outside the ground ?

Thanks for any help.

Says general sale tomorrow (Friday) now mate so get online at 9am and you'll be fine.

So what's the deal with the remaining tickets in the family stand? There's around 75 at the moment, but none of them are together.

So how are they going to be sold... based on the rule of having to have at least one junior with you... if it's not actually possible?

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Now on general sale. We'll likely have empty seats at an opening game becasue of basically greed and looking to grow a 'brand'. 

I was in the club shop yesterday sorting a ticket out. A family of four were at the next desk to me and the dad asked if Brighton tickets were on general sale. The member of staff told them the only way they could purchase tickets was to buy a membership or through someone's season ticket.

They ended up just walking out not buying anything. The club have possibly lost 2 future fans just by pure greed.

It's pure profiteering by the club.  They should state ballot dates, unsuccessful ballot applicants on sale date and all members then general sale for each game.  It doesn't mean there has to be tickets left at every date!  

Telling fans that a membership is essential to buy tickets to then put them on general sale is a bit embarrassing.

3 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I was in the club shop yesterday sorting a ticket out. A family of four were at the next desk to me and the dad asked if Brighton tickets were on general sale. The member of staff told them the only way they could purchase tickets was to buy a membership or through someone's season ticket.

They ended up just walking out not buying anything. The club have possibly lost 2 future fans just by pure greed.

It's remarkable really the way that clubs in this country treat supporters. We know that television deals are the biggest revenue stream, but surely match-going fans are a big part of selling the brand?

5 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

It's remarkable really the way that clubs in this country treat supporters. We know that television deals are the biggest revenue stream, but surely match-going fans are a big part of selling the brand?

It's just a shame that 2 young boys possibly missed out on Saturdays game all because the club insisted on having to buy a membership or know somebody with a ST who could buy them tickets. 

4 years ago we had attendances of 22,000/23,00 a couple of bad seasons and we could easily be getting that again. 

Archived