Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rob1742

Deceased Armed Robbers Family Set Up Funding Page

2 minutes ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

I don't think it should be an ideal world that has support out there, it's essential now, we all are very good at accepting that things are just pretty terrible, i personally don't want to accept that - i want things like this done in response to situations like this - when all we will get is the poor bloke who was doing his job in trying to stop him getting done for manslaughter, systems bad and just creates more and more problems like this, we don't learn as a society - we all just push away and get upset and offended. Once again hated was the wrong word, too strong.

If he's a serial criminal then it appears karma got him pretty good - unfortunatley for him.

My point was more aimed at the criminal (the raider) rather than the man who tackled him.

Regarding preventing criminal activities, there's plenty out there to support these type of people already. Going back to your original point about the notion he could be in debt - there's enough debt management services out there that can prevent a person from turning to crime. My point being, criminals will carry out crime whether there's support out there or not.

I agree regarding the man who tackled him. The thought he could potentially get done for manslaughter is sickening, provided he didn't go overboard and bashed his head in. Same goes for any cases of this nature. If you set out with the thought of carrying out an armed robbery, you should expect the consequence's which come your way, whether it be prison or someone restraining you.

13 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

Regarding preventing criminal activities, there's plenty out there to support these type of people already. Going back to your original point about the notion he could be in debt - there's enough debt management services out there that can prevent a person from turning to crime. My point being, criminals will carry out crime whether there's support out there or not.

I agree regarding the man who tackled him. The thought he could potentially get done for manslaughter is sickening, provided he didn't go overboard and bashed his head in. Same goes for any cases of this nature. If you set out with the thought of carrying out an armed robbery, you should expect the consequence's which come your way, whether it be prison or someone restraining you.

Good points, this can open a door into a conversation of - why do we have criminals, but i fear i'd be straying way too far way from the point so i'll leave it there rather than embarking on a life philosophy essay lol

It's such a shame of a situation for his family, while for the actual robber himself - he got karma'd immediately which can be quite rare so no doubt if he was involved in numerous things - it all caught up to him finally.

The more potential upsetting stuff is still to come rather than the fund me page, while no doubt misguided (unless this being a crime family is false and they are actually broke etc) - the problem now stands in how this will be sorted. I can see a lot more negativity if the co-op end up having to pay out because they find a small avenue of the law to maximise the potential out of his demise - and also like we said if the bloke gets done for manslaughter.

Good to explore different perspectives though lads :thumbup:

I'm not sure I can agree with you there.  You can't allow members of the public to kill robbers, we have police to apprehend them and a justice system to mete out appropriate punishment.  Members of the public have a role to play in apprehending people, but if you take that decision you take responsibility for their wellbeing, and if they die then you will rightly be arrested and questioned, and subject to the same justice system.  Would you be happy if the Police started killing people while arresting them?  Is that ok?  This is not really any different, albeit more likely to be an accident.

8 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I'm not sure I can agree with you there.  You can't allow members of the public to kill robbers, we have police to apprehend them and a justice system to mete out appropriate punishment.  Members of the public have a role to play in apprehending people, but if you take that decision you take responsibility for their wellbeing, and if they die then you will rightly be arrested and questioned, and subject to the same justice system.  Would you be happy if the Police started killing people while arresting them?  Is that ok?  This is not really any different, albeit more likely to be an accident.

I think it all needs to be put into a bit of perspective before any judgement can be made of the man who tackled the robber. We already know that two robbers raided Co-Op armed but we obviously don't know the level of constraint used to detain the man who died. Obviously that's the role of the police and I do agree it need to be investigated. A whole host of circumstances led to this man dying, most of which were down to his actions and poor judgement.

A witness is quoted in the local rag as saying the robber smashed his head on a concrete lintel while trying to climb a gate to escape. He also says that nobody hit him, he was just restrained..

2 minutes ago, Basingstoke Fox said:

Ashby only had a cashpoint ripped out of a wall by a Bobcat last week, now this. What is it with that place?

Where I am, in Syston, it's heading that way as well.

Thefts from charity shops, popular family-run newsagents got smashed in last week, apparent spy ware on cash point from time to time.

It's becoming as if no place, even rural, is far from being secure from idiots.

11 minutes ago, Buce said:

A witness is quoted in the local rag as saying the robber smashed his head on a concrete lintel while trying to climb a gate to escape. He also says that nobody hit him, he was just restrained..

Good, in which case the individuals who restrained him will no doubt be cleared very quickly, and rightly so.  Still need that process of investigation to happen.

1 hour ago, Buce said:

13 minutes ago, Worthington said:

Story in the press today updates the events.

Witness says that the guy misjudged a vault `over an alleyway gate and cracked his head on the overhead lintel. Seems that the 'damage' may have been done before he was restrained! 

Come on, Wortho, keep up. :)

3 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Dad being a cvnt is not the kids fault. I'd say if money went to the kids to help them then thats fine provided you are okay with donating to that cause. If not social assistance will help. 

Problem is, it's not the kids who will be in control of the money, it'll be the person who decided they would have a family with a violent thug.

1 hour ago, Basingstoke Fox said:

Ashby only had a cashpoint ripped out of a wall by a Bobcat last week, now this. What is it with that place?

See what happens when you reintroduce wildlife to the country?

Shocking! :angry:

Comments being made from the family / friends are that the people from Ashby were responsible for his death. If that is the case, you would assume this information would have come from the armed raiders colleagues. So I wonder whether the family / friends will enter into the spirit of the community and offer their assistance to the police in letting them know who the other criminals were?

49 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

Comments being made from the family / friends are that the people from Ashby were responsible for his death. If that is the case, you would assume this information would have come from the armed raiders colleagues. So I wonder whether the family / friends will enter into the spirit of the community and offer their assistance to the police in letting them know who the other criminals were?

I'm guessing the ones who drove off and left their injured co robber behind wont be all that popular..

7 hours ago, Babylon said:

Detest this funding page shite in almost all instances, let alone for an armed robber. :dry:

what about the poor people that dont work and want to take their kids to Disneyland, you must feel a little inclined to donate to the poor souls

2 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Problem is, it's not the kids who will be in control of the money, it'll be the person who decided they would have a family with a violent thug.

6 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Nobody said it was the complete fault of the kids. With that in mind, though, if we are detaching the father from his family - aren't there more deserving children in society. Those that are orphaned or destitute. Why should society fork over money to 2 children who demonstrably have a family network and, for all I can see in print, have a place to live and a mother to care for them. Isn't that a bit rich to ask for money when they have so much more than others? It's entitled.

I dont diasgree with either of you. I suppose everyone donates to  causes or situations that touch them personally. Some may feel sorry for the family and help and others wont. To each their own. My money would be going to someone id feel has more of a need.

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Would do but still got a Direct Debit running for Fred West's family. 

That family has certainly had a run of bad luck with health issues.

I considered recommending that they make an appointment with my GP, Dr. Shipman.

6 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

It took the police 30 minutes to respond and get there if nobody from the public had restrained them they would have been back in Birmingham by the time the police arrived.

Archived