Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wardyfox86

Destiny 2

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Yawn.

The original was supposed to have a 10 year cycle.  What happened with that?  lol

Destiny 1 bombed so hard in year 3 it would have struggled to reach xmas. I'm on xbox but seeing the ps4 streams it's hard to say I like it. 

3 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

Destiny 1 bombed so hard in year 3 it would have struggled to reach xmas. I'm on xbox but seeing the ps4 streams it's hard to say I like it. 

I thought the original beta was bloody awful.  And they say Mass Effect Andromeda was bad.

What with bullet sponges, Dinklage droning on and on, and just a general lack of any life whatsoever, I never really saw the appeal.

Still, each to their own.

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I thought the original beta was bloody awful.  And they say Mass Effect Andromeda was bad.

What with bullet sponges, Dinklage droning on and on, and just a general lack of any life whatsoever, I never really saw the appeal.

Still, each to their own.

The only appeal to me in the first one was having a good group to play with and doing Vault of Glass and Crota's End. I thought those raids were brilliant.

So, going off topic slightly but is the original Destiny worth buying for a single player experience? When I saw this way back when I thought it'd be worth buying but it appeared to me to be a multi/co-op player only sort of game and I'm an unsocial bastard who likes to sit alone and play alone! Lots of different games around this seem to be around and look fairly cheap on PSN now and then. 

12 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

So, going off topic slightly but is the original Destiny worth buying for a single player experience? When I saw this way back when I thought it'd be worth buying but it appeared to me to be a multi/co-op player only sort of game and I'm an unsocial bastard who likes to sit alone and play alone! Lots of different games around this seem to be around and look fairly cheap on PSN now and then. 

No.

16 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

You'll suffer playing alone in Destiny 1. I wouldn't buy if you're planning to play it just by yourself. 

9 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Not hearing good things from those on the beta 

What have you heard Manwell? I haven't been able to play it as been on holiday but I heard mostly good things...

It's definitely more of the same but somehow it feels way more clunky than the original to me, though I've not played it in ages and might be mistaken. Also takes far too long for most abilities/supers to charge and weapon damage feels really low, but I guess it might feel different in the final release with our own characters

More of the same! Under no circumstances is this a " New game"! Its just additional content and a step back in my opinion. Generic bullet sponger 

With 100s if not close to 1,000 hours on the original i'll get it obviously, but you just know the 30 quid DLC will roll in fast and it'll be things that should be in the "new game" already! 

Capped at 30 fps on console too! Feels clunky af :/ 

Time to kill is too high. 2 sets of 'primary weapons' leading to little variation in playing styles.

Strike was OK, nothing special. 

The slow elimination of many of the RNG elements in the 1st game, moving onto mission 'reward' exotics, took out the WOW factor out of getting many of the drops. Nothing beat reset day, going through the raids hoping for a Gally to drop. Couple that with (I've heard) them removing random stat rolls on legendary weapons and it's losing alot of the reasons I kept going back.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Adster said:

Dare I say it...

Anyone picking this up tomorrow?

Digital Copy is pre downloaded.

I can't imagine it'll be particularly outstanding but as a game it lends itself to social interaction probably better than any other game this generation. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo