Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wardyfox86

Destiny 2

I'm caught in two minds as to whether to get this or not. I've recently brought Overwatch and kind of feel like I've been a bit fashionably late to the party, love the game, I just feel like I'm lagging behind in the skill department a little.

And with the new FIFA coming out at the end of this week, I'm unsure as to how much time I will spend on Destiny, as it seems like a real grind of a game to get anywhere with it. Am I right?

59 minutes ago, lcfcrinaldi said:

I'm caught in two minds as to whether to get this or not. I've recently brought Overwatch and kind of feel like I've been a bit fashionably late to the party, love the game, I just feel like I'm lagging behind in the skill department a little.

And with the new FIFA coming out at the end of this week, I'm unsure as to how much time I will spend on Destiny, as it seems like a real grind of a game to get anywhere with it. Am I right?

I haven't found it to be too much of a grind. I'd say much less so than the first one. That being said I'm level 20 but just over 200 power, unlike all the high 200's out there. Not sure if I'll get to "nerd" level this time around ;) 

I'm juggling a few games at the moment and more so with Fifa 18 coming, but I'm still happy with D2. Right now it's the only non sports/racing game I'm playing, so it's a nice change of pace.

But, that's just me.

I hit the 275 power stumbling block at the weekend

Now the only way to get my power up is the raid, which I really don't have time for

I realise you can get powerful engrams other ways, but man they don't half make it difficult

Edited by MrSpaM

20 hours ago, lcfcrinaldi said:

I'm in same boat (in terms of not jumping on the Destiny 2 bandwagon yet).  I've been tempted by Overwatch but got For Honor last week on sale.  

I've rented D2 but not played it yet (only got today) as a I made the mistake of renting PES 2018 at the same time and also have some work to do.  FIFA coming out will also add a distraction.... 

What can I expect from Destiny 2 guys? 

34 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

I'm in same boat (in terms of not jumping on the Destiny 2 bandwagon yet).  I've been tempted by Overwatch but got For Honor last week on sale.  

I've rented D2 but not played it yet (only got today) as a I made the mistake of renting PES 2018 at the same time and also have some work to do.  FIFA coming out will also add a distraction.... 

What can I expect from Destiny 2 guys? 

Did you not play the first one? Just a matter of playing the story and building up your character and weapons. While you're doing the story you can also do side missions, public events and whatnot to boost your level. 

Anyway, if you need a hand with it just let me know. 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2017 at 04:03, The People's Hero said:

Clan exists. 

The Foxes 1884.

Please join up and lets see about making some progress together.

I've not yet sorted out the banner or the 'about' part, but maybe we can agree on something or someone more talented than me can contribute.

I'll get inviting those I know from here. (PS4).

Is the clan still active TPH?  I've just started playing (on day two and Level 9 now) and enjoying it.  @spacemunky has been helping me out on some of the early levels with his Level 20.  I tried the Crucible  as an 8 and kept getting drestroyed by overpowered L20s that kill me in one shot! Be keen to see how raids etc are if you lot don't mind me joining (and @spacemunky too I'm sure would be keen to join).  

Cheers

HF 

8 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Is the clan still active TPH?  I've just started playing (on day two and Level 9 now) and enjoying it.  @spacemunky has been helping me out on some of the early levels with his Level 20.  I tried the Crucible  as an 8 and kept getting drestroyed by overpowered L20s that kill me in one shot! Be keen to see how raids etc are if you lot don't mind me joining (and @spacemunky too I'm sure would be keen to join).  

Cheers

HF 

Crucible has level advantage disabled so I'm afraid your just shit.

On 25/09/2017 at 15:40, lgfualol said:

The Leviathan boss is a pain in the ass. These raids are a lot different to how I imagined before I played destiny 2. Thought it would just be killing enemies, not doing weird puzzles.

Do you not think that would be boring. Destiny raids are outstanding one of the single best coop gaming experiences going. It's not easy but it's not suppose to be.

12 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Do you not think that would be boring. Destiny raids are outstanding one of the single best coop gaming experiences going. It's not easy but it's not suppose to be.

I get your point, but I never expected the puzzles lol  I am only 271 light level so it was tough going, I'll crack it eventually. 

I'm at 292 power, but I still haven't had the time to experience the Raid yet. It's killing me that back I can't. Back in D1 when I was at Uni I had all the time in the world to do the raid on all three characters. Now I'm working full time and me and the missus are buying a house I literally have no time at all to do it on one character at the moment lol

6 hours ago, spacemunky said:

I'm in the same boat.

Struggle a bit with Crucible. I still venture in from time to time though.

The key to it is to stay as a compact four in this one. The old 6vs6 leant itself to splitting up a bit more but on this one you really need to team shoot, this probably what gives the illusion of being killed in one shot of you wonder out and four fckers start pinging you with a Mida.

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

The key to it is to stay as a compact four in this one. The old 6vs6 leant itself to splitting up a bit more but on this one you really need to team shoot, this probably what gives the illusion of being killed in one shot of you wonder out and four fckers start pinging you with a Mida.

Would love to play with you sometime, Pabs.  I only rented it and put in about 5-6 hours but got to Level 8.  Definitely thinking of buying it!  

I had a look for the FoxesTalk clan but couldn't find it. 

Edited by HoustonFox

7 hours ago, Cal said:

303 light not touched the raid :cool:.

5 hours ago, Frank_mckenzie said:

Makes 2 of us, have 3 around 298 and haven't looked at the raid yet, possibly this weekend.

Tough one without friends or guided games the LFG community is very "must be 300 +  have 305 cold heart completed the raid 8 times and must of slept with Cameron Diaz"  when it comes to letting people in their groups

It's a pretty easy raid though

Edited by Manwell Pablo

My faction won the faction rally. Really like the scout rifle from Dead Orbit. 

I just got 300 light without even raiding yet. You can easily get to 305 light without the need the even raid. People say the raid gear does even really have rolls that make them much better than normal gear. 

However. I'd like to raid soon but haven't yet because I've been busy sorting stuff out for the house me and my partner are buying. However..when I went on an Lfg site to find a raid team everyone is so fvcking elitist. They all require you to have the raid "emblem" go prove you've done it before. Literally no one would take me because I wanted to run it first time. 

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone still on this? 

I spent over 2500 hours on the original destiny. 120 hours into this one there is already nothing to do. I love the franchise but they haven't half ****ed this game up. 

From the horrendous "token" system, to no random weapon rolls, they've sucked all the longevity out of the game completely. I literally just log in on a Tuesday, get my flashpoint/nightfall done and a bit of crucible, and log off as there is nothing left to do. 

There is no incentive to Raid, as you can get to 305 without having to complete it. The weapons/armour from the raid are not good, and have no specific perks like the armour did from Vault of Glass for instance on D1. The prestige mode of the raid and nightfall gives you no better loot than doing it on normal difficulty lol unbelievable. 

Lost sectors were hyped up, but you can literally just run through the whole fvcking cave, kill the boss and loot the chest. There is nothing to explore in them at all. And all you get from them, and chests are shitty world tokens that you can use to get a piece of gear that is lower than your light level already! Again gives no incentive to do anything. 

There is no incentive to do strikes at all, as there is no strike specific loot and all you get are blues and the occasional legendary engram, of which you can complete 4 public events in the same time to get more loot than you would in one strike. 

PVP was my scene in D1, and they've managed to completely **** that up as well. 

The whole thing feels like a DLC, not a new game. I cannot help but think Bungie are being hampered by the pressure of the fvcking ***** at Activision. 

Edited by Adster
  • Like 1

Well I don't think I could've said it better myself, that's literally all I come on to do now, the milestones. They need to seriously change something because it's pointless playing once you've hit 305 and done everything.. even the milestones to be fair :blink:.

11 hours ago, Adster said:

Anyone still on this? 

I spent over 2500 hours on the original destiny. 120 hours into this one there is already nothing to do. I love the franchise but they haven't half ****ed this game up. 

From the horrendous "token" system, to no random weapon rolls, they've sucked all the longevity out of the game completely. I literally just log in on a Tuesday, get my flashpoint/nightfall done and a bit of crucible, and log off as there is nothing left to do. 

There is no incentive to Raid, as you can get to 305 without having to complete it. The weapons/armour from the raid are not good, and have no specific perks like the armour did from Vault of Glass for instance on D1. The prestige mode of the raid and nightfall gives you no better loot than doing it on normal difficulty lol unbelievable. 

Lost sectors were hyped up, but you can literally just run through the whole fvcking cave, kill the boss and loot the chest. There is nothing to explore in them at all. And all you get from them, and chests are shitty world tokens that you can use to get a piece of gear that is lower than your light level already! Again gives no incentive to do anything. 

There is no incentive to do strikes at all, as there is no strike specific loot and all you get are blues and the occasional legendary engram, of which you can complete 4 public events in the same time to get more loot than you would in one strike. 

PVP was my scene in D1, and they've managed to completely **** that up as well. 

The whole thing feels like a DLC, not a new game. I cannot help but thing Bungie are being hampered by the pressure of that fvcking ***** at Activision. 

I agree unfortunately

1 hour ago, sk3since03 said:

I agree unfortunately

7 hours ago, Cal said:

Well I don't think I could've said it better myself, that's literally all I come on to do now, the milestones. They need to seriously change something because it's pointless playing once you've hit 305 and done everything.. even the milestones to be fair :blink:.

It's such a shame. As the mechanics and general gameplay is fantastic, but they've really ****ed it up with D2.

I cannot help but think if Bungie were not under pressure from Activision to deliver to their strict deadlines, they'd take time to really implement the game we all want.