Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MisterFoxKillen

The Phone Call | By Claudio Ranieri [The Players' Tribune]

We should all be forever grateful for what Claudio achieved for us. Winning the title really was the impossible dream and I still don't know how he/we managed to pull it off.

He carried on the momentum from the previous season but for 38 games in the most competitive league in the world, how did he do it? NP laid the foundations but I really can't believe we could have won it with him in charge of the same squad.

The stars somehow aligned and obviously Kante was a massive influence in how we played (as well as plenty of others within the squad/backroom team) but the way Claudio handled the media and took any pressure off the players was absolutely masterful. 

It's such a shame that it went down hill so quickly but I am forever in your debt Emperor Ranieri. Nobody can ever take away the glorious memories I have of you and that wonderful season you gave us.

Get that statue of him erected at King Power stadium as soon as possible. 

It really was incredible what we achieved, something beyond what any of us would've ever imagined. I feel for him in the sense that I don't think he knew what to do next to follow up the success but he won't be the first or the last to do that. It was terribly sad but he'll always be a legend, even if you don't believe he did that much on the training field, he guided those lads over the line with astute tactics and an incredible handling of the media, who are vultures and who I'm sure wanted us to fail because in England we hate fairy tales, everybody loves a plucky loser. In Football you only get one chance, it fizzled, crashed and burned eventually but no long term damage was done. Claudio you legend!

4 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Christ :blush::cry:

Not sure he thinks the same about Keith Vaz (who he apparently was reluctant to shake his hand at the celebration parade). :whistle:

Ranieri should have the freedom key to Leicester; the great success has boosted the enthusiasm, especially on the sports side, within the city.

Hope it's just not a small spark that won't happen again though.

Probably the best prose ever witnessed on the forum, its brilliant.

I love gardening and I can resonance with all his words, like a plant that blooms for one glorious summer, and you know that next year it cannot be , so saviour the moment, and when its over, you are able to look back with pride and passion.

CR has expressed in a very special way.

The man is, and will forever be, Mr Leicester CIty.

Claudio, you are a shining star, Thank You

5 hours ago, Lionator said:

It really was incredible what we achieved, something beyond what any of us would've ever imagined. I feel for him in the sense that I don't think he knew what to do next to follow up the success but he won't be the first or the last to do that. It was terribly sad but he'll always be a legend, even if you don't believe he did that much on the training field, he guided those lads over the line with astute tactics and an incredible handling of the media, who are vultures and who I'm sure wanted us to fail because in England we hate fairy tales, everybody loves a plucky loser. In Football you only get one chance, it fizzled, crashed and burned eventually but no long term damage was done. Claudio you legend!

Another factor in all of the Ranieri sacking and immediate unsavoury backlash aftermath that people are maybe overlooking is his present age! Had he got the sack in his managerial prime (a la when he was at Chelsea 14 or so years previously) then I think he would have been massively disappointed but as a pensioner in most walks of life at 65 then at least he went out on something of a real high still (at that age!) and better still, he still has another stab at potential success hopefully with Nantes to come!

I remember on the final day of the winter transfer window last season, Ranieri said that Messi wanted to join Leicester but probably didn't have Ranieri's phone number. lol:D

Always knew how to take the pressure off everything; this guy.

he is a gentleman and a scholar but football is a ruthless business and an ever changing landscape and you have to constantly keep up or risk falling further and further behind! he gave us all lasting memories and for a while brought the romance back to football.

Archived