Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nugent

West Brom (Asia Trophy) match thread (July 19th)

Just now, gcxttle said:

To be honest, I would prefer Benny to be Maguire's LCB partner anyway, Morgan cannot play there whatsoever. 

I was thinking Maguire on the left if he was with Morgan. If we don't sign a Evans or a left footed CB we may end up with that going into the season.

1 minute ago, Melbourne Fuchs said:

I was thinking Maguire on the left if he was with Morgan. If we don't sign a Evans or a left footed CB we may end up with that going into the season.

Ideally, we would have someone who actually plays there like Abdennour.

Looks like we're not really taking this seriously, and treating it as a friendly. A mix of young and experienced and not starting with the strongest selection in the first half. seems to me we're pitching for a defensive first half, with an offensive second. I could be wrong.

2 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Looks like we're not really taking this seriously, and treating it as a friendly. A mix of young and experienced and not starting with the strongest selection in the first half. seems to me we're pitching for a defensive first half, with an offensive second. I could be wrong.

It really doesn't matter.

Erm....It is a friendly 

Just now, themightyfin said:

Erm....It is a friendly 

of course, it's a friendly. No shit lols. But that doesn't necessarily mean that we'd set up as a standard friendly, ie play our strongest side from the start, with subs to bring player on for game time rather than for tactical purposes.

Just now, sphericalfox said:

of course, it's a friendly. No shit lols. But that doesn't necessarily mean that we'd set up as a standard friendly, ie play our strongest side from the start, with subs to bring player on for game time rather than for tactical purposes.

You obviously do not understand preseason.

Check the last 40 years of City preseasons and all other clubs to see it is about fitness and trying to practice a few partnerships. The proper friendly will be the last one at home.....if you are taking it seriously as an indicator for next season then I suggest you stay away.....

Read your quote.... looks like we are treating this as a friendly.

Hard not to when it is... oh my...

Just now, Old Fox said:

if you are taking it seriously as an indicator for next season then I suggest you stay away.....

Be prepared for the "we're going to get relegated" thread come 12.45.... don't say I didn't warn you.

Just now, themightyfin said:

Read your quote.... looks like we are treating this as a friendly.

Hard not to when it is... oh my...

perhaps I should have worded it better. It's still a competition. What I should have said is that it looks like we don't give a ****. :thumbup:

Archived