Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aaron

Matty James is going to the World Cup.

2 hours ago, Aaron said:

Quote me on this next summer, but I'll put my dignity on the line and declare this now.

Henderson and Wilshere are crocked, Dier is quality but needs continuity in midfield to sustain his form (hopefully he'll get the move to United he wants to facilitate that) Livermore is basic and underlines the depletion of Southgate's options in there. Drinkwater might make it for this reason, but I can see James having a good season and forcing his way into contention for the spring internationals.

Will Hughes and Harry Winks are both fantastic prospects, and I imagine the latter will also go, but James will hopefully be able to show his class this season without the burden of injury further sabotaging his career.

Eric Dier is Wank.

I'm going to counter James and blow this thread wide open with a Tom Lawrence shout lol

Two issues with that though, number 1 - we'd have to play him in a centre-mid attacking position (which i'm not sure we will be playing at all) as i don't think he's going to be much cop on the wing - and more importantly Dele Alli would have to get crocked first :P

1 minute ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

I'm going to counter James and blow this thread wide open with a Tom Lawrence shout lol

Two issues with that though, number 1 - we'd have to play him in a centre-mid attacking position (which i'm not sure we will be playing at all) as i don't think he's going to be much cop on the wing - and more importantly Dele Alli would have to get crocked first :P

And he's Welsh. 

9 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Tbf who is he even rated by? Most Spurs fans seem to think he's the weakest of the XI.

Pocchettino, and Mourinho who wants to spend £60m on him and make him United captain within 12 months. I agree he can be upgraded in their defence by someone like Mawson or Chambers, but the season before last in midfield he was top notch 

back to James: good performance today. He's a got a fantastic passing range.

Drinkwater didn't even get to go to the Euros after being in the title winning side. Vardy couldn't get a start. Matty James first has to get a start unlikely with Iborra and Ndidi in front of him and Drinky then basically play at practically twice the level he ever has to get a look in. You would probably get excellent odds at the bookies on that one. I hope you are right though as it would mean we had had a very good season.  The best wild card chance in our squad to go to the WC would probably be Chilwell or Gray as they have age on their side. And the media loves to big up a young English player if they hit a purple patch. Both have to force their way in the first 11 to start with though  

11 hours ago, Aaron said:

Quote me on this next summer, but I'll put my dignity on the line and declare this now.

Henderson and Wilshere are crocked, Dier is quality but needs continuity in midfield to sustain his form (hopefully he'll get the move to United he wants to facilitate that) Livermore is basic and underlines the depletion of Southgate's options in there. Drinkwater might make it for this reason, but I can see James having a good season and forcing his way into contention for the spring internationals.

Will Hughes and Harry Winks are both fantastic prospects, and I imagine the latter will also go, but James will hopefully be able to show his class this season without the burden of injury further sabotaging his career.

Ok Matty, I love you, but those meds should have stopped as soon as you got better :unsure:

Archived