Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aaron

Matty James is going to the World Cup.

9 hours ago, Dames said:

This. One of the most overrated players in the Premier League. 

See I think he's class at PL level but just can't adapt to the national level. Utter guff for England. 

so, are people gonna gloss over the positive effect that matty had on mahrez? he pushed forward a lot, offloaded the ball to mahrez in the opositiong half and actully overlapped him and offered support. all those things that kante did that contribute to mahrez's 2015/2016 season. i'm actually mad because it's "mahrez is playing for a move" instead of "james was great"

i know its just a preseason game, but i'm in favour of james starting!

COME ON? JAMES!!!!

fggg.jpg

8 hours ago, the fox said:

so, are people gonna gloss over the positive effect that matty had on mahrez? he pushed forward a lot, offloaded the ball to mahrez in the opositiong half and actully overlapped him and offered support. all those things that kante did that contribute to mahrez's 2015/2016 season. i'm actually mad because it's "mahrez is playing for a move" instead of "james was great"

i know its just a preseason game, but i'm in favour of james starting!

COME ON? JAMES!!!!

fggg.jpg

Absolutely, said the same in the match thread, the extra support was telling.

13 hours ago, Bert said:

See I think he's class at PL level but just can't adapt to the national level. Utter guff for England. 

In my opinion Dembele makes him look better than he is. Soon as he's moved to centre back which is supposed to be his 'natural position' he looks utterly and completely lost.

29 minutes ago, Filberts lovechild said:

Struggle for game time with us and go off on loan. Is he getting ahead of Ndidi, Drinky and Iborra? At the moment we don't know if he's a step up from Amartey and King. I like your optimism tho ?

Come on now.

12 hours ago, Dames said:

In my opinion Dembele makes him look better than he is. Soon as he's moved to centre back which is supposed to be his 'natural position' he looks utterly and completely lost.

By that logic, Gareth Bale's 'default postion' is leftback; Dier rose to prominence when converted to a midfielder, and his form has crashed after being moved backwards again. 

He he was good for England pre-euros 16 when he was playing midfield every week; part of the appeal of a United transfer for him is the capacity to play in his best position perpetually. 

James was certainly peaking right before he got injured. Sadly I don't think it's a matter of getting the form back more that his body might not be up to the top level anymore.

I remember Hamer in that guess who video saying "massive nose and turns like a bus beep beep beep!" lol

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

James was certainly peaking right before he got injured. Sadly I don't think it's a matter of getting the form back more that his body might not be up to the top level anymore.

I remember Hamer in that guess who video saying "massive nose and turns like a bus beep beep beep!" lol

He's looked very sharp so far, difficult today being outnumbered, but some of his passing and some of the touches and turns he's been doing have been top draw.

Guest seanfox778

I just went to look up his age and it's his birthday today so happy birthday Matty! (I'm well aware he won't be reading this). 

40 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

I just went to look up his age and it's his birthday today so happy birthday Matty! (I'm well aware he won't be reading this). 

Do do you live in Enderby?

46 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He's looked very sharp so far, difficult today being outnumbered, but some of his passing and some of the touches and turns he's been doing have been top draw.

It was a good performance, especially while carrying Drinkwater. Him and Ndidi would be a more mutually beneficial partnership.

He reminds me of Gareth Barry; built like a pub player, seemingly immobile, but reads the game well enough to screen the defence with spatial occupation, and very clever with his distribution of the ball. 

Archived