Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

BBC Salaries Published (and general rants about the licence fee)

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Tbh it's only Lineker's money that bothers me. He earns 7 times what Mark Chapman earns for MOTD2 for virtually the same job. Yes Lineker does other bits of presenting but so does Chapman. Nobody watches MOTD for the presenters anyway.

What is Chapman's salary?

14 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Tbh it's only Lineker's money that bothers me. He earns 7 times what Mark Chapman earns for MOTD2 for virtually the same job. Yes Lineker does other bits of presenting but so does Chapman. Nobody watches MOTD for the presenters anyway.

Chapman does loads of presenting for 5Live too, surprised it's that much of a difference in wages. 

Plenty of moaning that Dan Walker is on the list at around £250k while his BBC breakfast co-presentdr Louise Minchin isn't even on the list. Even saw one say it proves the BBC value men doing the same job more than they do women. Walker presents Football Focus along with plenty of other sports programmes, Minchin does little else.

5 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Plenty of moaning that Dan Walker is on the list at around £250k while his BBC breakfast co-presentdr Louise Minchin isn't even on the list. Even saw one say it proves the BBC value men doing the same job more than they do women. Walker presents Football Focus along with plenty of other sports programmes, Minchin does little else.

Fellow BBC Breakfast presenter Naga Munchetty is on the list at 150-199k. She's lovely though so I won't moan about it.

1 minute ago, separator said:

Fellow BBC Breakfast presenter Naga Munchetty is on the list at 150-199k. She's lovely though so I won't moan about it.

Naga has presented a Sunday morning discussion show as well as Newsnight, not aware of Minchin doing much more than Breakfast.

6 hours ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

So, now the question is who's going to setup the online petition to get Chris Evans sacked so we could all save 20 quid a year off our license fee? :ph34r:

I just don't understand how that dick can be the highest earner. WTF does he do? He bombed Top Gear, he's not on The (shit) One Show. He gets up early and stays sober and presents a banal breakfast show on... Radio 2!!!!... That's about it as far as I can see. Might as well pay Ken Bruce 2.5 mill a year. It's a better radio prog.

Id watch MOTD if stringer was presenting its about the content not the frontman.Why would BBC be concerned about viewing figures it does not affect their income stream.

The good entertaining stuff pays for itself for certain its the peripheral cultural/foreign/world service that the licence fee is used for.

Local radio could carry some ads and sponsors as could some of the minority programmes.

They send dozens off staff around the world to repeat exactly the same stuff as other free to air outlets.

It pathetic and the politicians should man up and do something about it.

I think there are quite a lot of people who are paid via a production company and don't appear on the list, Attenborough and the top gear guys (Le Blanc).

Steve Wright in the afternoon! absolutely stealing a living there on half a mill per year lol

For playing 'non stop' oldies and giving out a few factoids :rolleyes:

Even his Sunday morning love songs show is pre-recorded from the comfort of his living room.

He's been with the beeb on and off since the early 80's so if he's been earning that sort of wedge pro-rata, he must be absolutely minted by now.

Fair play to him I say! :thumbup:

7 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Steve Wright in the afternoon! absolutely stealing a living there on half a mill per year lol

Even his Sunday morning love songs show is pre-recorded from the comfort of his living room.

He's been with the beeb on and off since the early 80's so if he's been earning that sort of wedge pro-rata, he must be absolutely minted by now.

I've got the world's crappest stereo in my van & can only get Radio 2.  Tbf, I'd listen to that anyway.  Jeremy Vine gets paid a shitload, but I like him & think he has some value.

Steve Wright is an abomination.  Shit music, shit hangers-on in the studio & shit facts.  Is the old lady dead yet?  What is 'serious jockin'.  What the fvck are going on about you twat?  It wasn't funny the first time.

24 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Worst DJ on any station anywhere. Shouldn't be on radio 2, let alone for 3 hours every afternoon and certainly shouldn't be earning that much.

Basically radio 2 has two shite dj's who cost a combined £3m a year. Sack them off and the BBC are making a decent saving.

32 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Fair play????

He's an over-rated, egotistical, self absorbed, self-aggrandising, unfunny, plagiarising dick who believes he is some kind of American wit-jock in the mould of Adrian Cronauer (Good Morning Vietnam), he isn't. He's crass and relies on those behind him to make that "big show" entertaining. He should have gone when radio 2 became radio 1 for older people.

3 hours on an afternoon radio show? Why? Why???

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

"Why are you just sitting around? Haven't you got programmes to make? No. You're all on the BBC gravy train. I wish I was. Take this cheese."

"How did it go?"

"I've been bad Lynn."

"Oh! It's smelly!"

"It's got walnuts in. Let's go."

Alan Partridge... spot on with his ripping up of radio jocks.

7 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Fair play????

He's an over-rated, egotistical, self absorbed, self-aggrandising, unfunny, plagiarising dick who believes he is some kind of American wit-jock in the mould of Adrian Cronauer (Good Morning Vietnam), he isn't. He's crass and relies on those behind him to make that "big show" entertaining. He should have gone when radio 2 became radio 1 for older people.

3 hours on an afternoon radio show? Why? Why???

Oh I totally agree with all of that.

Fair play to him for getting away with it for so long is what I meant! 

6 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Not sure what the big deal is with people at the top of their game earning xx amounts of money.

What do you want them to do, reject it and ask for a tenner an hour?

This.

Virtually everyone on this site will leave accept a pay raise if offered, many on this site continually prattle on about the market deciding what people are worth. The Thatcher and conservative worshippers base their lives on not getting involved in controlling the pay structures of the world (see, bankers, lawyers, brokers,  CEO's wages).

But i agree, lets regulate everyones wages.

41 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

This.

Virtually everyone on this site will leave accept a pay raise if offered, many on this site continually prattle on about the market deciding what people are worth. The Thatcher and conservative worshippers base their lives on not getting involved in controlling the pay structures of the world (see, bankers, lawyers, brokers,  CEO's wages).

But i agree, lets regulate everyones wages.

You completely miss the point. The market is deciding pay, yes, but when that level of pay is paid for by coercive means, such that the BBC doesn't necessarily have to consider value in its pay decisions, then that infringes on people's freedoms and they have every right to question that. Gary Lineker does not add 7x value to MOTD compared to if Mark Chapman presented it. Or compare what Gary Neville offers and he was reportedly offered 1.5m by Sky on his return.

It's debatable whether the market even sets wages at the BBC, Jonathan Ross supposedly took a huge pay cut when he moved to itv and I'd be amazed if any competitor paid John Humphreys as much as he earns right now. 

3 hours ago, KingGTF said:

You completely miss the point. The market is deciding pay, yes, but when that level of pay is paid for by coercive means, such that the BBC doesn't necessarily have to consider value in its pay decisions, then that infringes on people's freedoms and they have every right to question that. Gary Lineker does not add 7x value to MOTD compared to if Mark Chapman presented it. Or compare what Gary Neville offers and he was reportedly offered 1.5m by Sky on his return.

It's debatable whether the market even sets wages at the BBC, Jonathan Ross supposedly took a huge pay cut when he moved to itv and I'd be amazed if any competitor paid John Humphreys as much as he earns right now. 

No im sorry I disagree... the bbc is no different to (for example) a bank. You HAVE TO have a bank account. You have to pay thier fees etc.

If you want to regulate the bbc you have to regulate banks.

You cannot support the "free market, trickle down, meritocracy bullshit...and then complain about market leaders pay rates.

Archived