Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Ahmed Musa - Possible Loan Move

30 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

We have just signed 2 players from Hull surely we could have done some sort of cash + Musa deal.

I said that at the time we bought Maguire.

Hull have just spent £8m on someone from Liverpool I've never even heard of. Surely they could just buy Musa outright as it's not as if Slutsky needs to take a close look at him after working with him for years at CSKA.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/19/liverpool-midfielder-kevin-stewart-leaves-asia-tour-join-hull/

He might thrive at Hull but with Nigeria a good shout to make the World Cup next year he'll want to stay in one of the top leagues so West Brom would be the more likely route.

Either way it looks like he's completely out of favour with us.

24 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

I think we should keep him and play him as an actual striker and give him a fair crack. Think people are too quick to write a player off. 

When you cost £16m, don't make an impression at all and often look like a pub player - what's wrong with writing him off?

There's no point persevering with players who clearly lack the ability at this level. We can do better than that. We don't need to waste our time with him.

I still think he could have something to offer eventually. Send him off somewhere to get some game time, if he comes back at the end of the season full of confidence with a load of goals under his belt then great, if he doesn't then move him on. Plenty of players we've had have taken time to adjust to a new league/country, don't think we should be so quick to write him off.

No point in him going to Championship. Even if he had a great season it wouldn't encourage anyone to part with anywhere near what we paid for him as big sides don't seem to be doing any shopping in the Championship. Otherwise, we would be inundated with offers for Lawrence and Brighton would have teams beating a path to their door to sign Knockeart.

I'm going to be the odd one out i think - but if this is the level of interest i'd just keep him around, he's only been here for one season which after a flash of brillance against Barca pre - ended up never starting really! I'd sell him for the same (or more if we're lucky - and with the current market you never know!) than what we paid, otherwise we should give him another chance now, he seems a quiet character and it might have taken him a bit of time to get bedded into the dressing room, with Wilf and Kelechi he's got closer friends that since his arrival have come into the team, little things like this could really help him off the pitch.

We could always loan him in Jan till the end of the season if he's really doggo - Hull might be in a promotion push then - and we could get a deal where they buy him if they get promoted, win/win - he gets another shot with a better foundation for him - and we've got a potential out there which suits everyone.

12 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Better to have him block a squad place at West Brom than with us. He's not physical enough for the Premiership.

Why would he block a squad place at West Brom if he's not physically good enough for the prem:unsure:

not that I disagree but you've contradicted yourself there

3 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

I think we should keep him and play him as an actual striker and give him a fair crack. Think people are too quick to write a player off. 

He doesn't want to play striker. Prefers left wing. He's had just flashes. The club would be well within their rights to get rid. 

I think you've misinterpreted what I've said, No worries. maybe i wasn't clear enough.

Firstly I do think he is a good player, just not physically strong enough for the premiership. Some small players can handle it some can't.

Therefore he's holding down a squad place when he's clearly not going to get much opportunity here. A place we could give to a new recruit.

If he does go to WB then I suspect he'll end up in a similar situation.  Taking up a squad place with little chance of playing. My point was better that he does it at WB than with us. 

Mind you they may want him to play close to Rondon which I think is his best position.

14 hours ago, Tuna said:

He looks like a henchman from one of the cold war era Bond movies.

And with the name of a Bond girl.

You can imagine, Bond Girl - "I'm Slutsky"

Bond  - "Well that's two things I know about you, why don't we save the Skiing for tomorrow and focus on the other (whilst arching eyebrow)

I would give him another chance, send him out on loan. I think Hull would be a better place for him as he knows the manager, the league is more physical which is what he needs as well as he would get more game time.

He strikes me as the sort of person that if his head is turned off the pitch, be or positively or negatively, it would affect his concentration on improving himself on the pitch.

Think he should move on, unless Shakespeare is certain he has improved and is willing to give him more game-time (which I doubt).

He's not in Shakey's plans so a loan is a good move. Back to his old coach at Hull would be perfect. He'll probably top score in the Championship and be worth money again next summer. We've nothing to lose loaning him to Hull. (And they did just sell us two players - maybe we could've just swapped him for them).

Archived