Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

George Hirst

On 20/07/2017 at 16:47, norwichfox said:

Yes, we know that, as £1Million was turned down....how much do you think he's worth? :)

That was a captain obvious answer so thanks for pulling me up on that. Deserved, but you are still a smart ass lmao. To take a championship sides best young player. And we are talking someone with the potential to be a top, top player not going to get much change out of 5m in the current market if they really want to keep him. 2.5m and a loan back for 1 season would be good business for us.

25 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

That was a captain obvious answer so thanks for pulling me up on that. Deserved, but you are still a smart ass lmao. To take a championship sides best young player. And we are talking someone with the potential to be a top, top player not going to get much change out of 5m in the current market if they really want to keep him. 2.5m and a loan back for 1 season would be good business for us.

sorry, I couldn't resist when served up like that lol....I haven't seen him play to form any valid opinion as to what I think he's worth ;)

2 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Simple solution,  Sign him for 2 million and lend him back to Wednesday. Sorted and everyones happy.

For sure ... two or three million really don't make much difference these days ... we need to stock our under 23's

11 hours ago, gurru991 said:

For sure ... two or three million really don't make much difference these days ... we need to stock our under 23's

Once signed, He could even train 3 days a week with us to integrate him into the Club and then 2 days with Sheffield Wednesday.

He's English also, What's not to like, Just get him.

1 minute ago, Bob666 said:

Hmmm - £1.75m next!?  C'mnon Rudders get it done - £2,000,001

That would be good, he's an outstanding talent. Smacks of the 'investment' we made in Vardy, a POTENTIAL match winner, yet to prove himself. £1m for a Conference player was a huge gamble, but it paid off. And Hirst is 7 years younger than Vardy when we bought him.

Not sure if true but rumours up here were that his dad has had a falling out with the Wednesday hierarchy earlier this summer and is now working with us in some capacity? This came from a few Wednesday fans who I play football with who probably know no more than the next man and his dog.

1 hour ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Not sure if true but rumours up here were that his dad has had a falling out with the Wednesday hierarchy earlier this summer and is now working with us in some capacity? This came from a few Wednesday fans who I play football with who probably know no more than the next man and his dog.

Your Wednesday mates' knowledge may not be too far off the mark:-

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/04/13/club-legend-david-hirst-reportedly-resigns-from-sheffield-wednes/

Archived