Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

How long have you been a Leicester City fan?

December 2nd 1966 aged 11.....4 - 2 win at Filbo against Stoke...Don't remember the game other than stood at front of the Kop beside corner  with the Main Stand ...Up to then I had only been at non league matches watching home town team Nuneaton Borough with a crowd of about 2k....Don't know how many were at the Stoke match but will never forget the noise and thinking the whole world must be here....Incidently was David Nish's debut and he scored ?

Back in the mid 70's when I was a wee tacker there was a football magazine called "Shoot". the first edition I bought had a double page spread on LCFC with color pics of Wortho, Keith "Stockings" Weller, the Birch. LG, Shilts, Rolfey etc I was smitten and I plastered the pics around my bedroom in Adelaide Australia and imagined I was at Fibert Street watching my heroes . First game was around Oct/Nov 1987 on a trip to UK with my parents we lost 0-1 to Stockport or Swindon and Walshy was sent off for elbowing somebody. Next time I saw them was a friendly at Crystal Palace at the beginning of 1999-2000 season where I spent the next 5 years in the UK working and going to as many games as possible. In the Middle East now but will be back in the UK at Christmas with my 2 young sons we are all going to LFC V LCFC on 30 December. First time since 2004 for me first time ever for the boys.

6 hours ago, DrezZone said:

TBH, I've been a fan since winter 2015 when I saw them at the top of the table at Christmas. I was like "What is this team doing there?"

I had to check many different sites to make sure that they were at the top and not just a site glitch.

I never really supported a team in the EPL until Leicester because all the big teams were all fighting in the top 4 like a war or something.

How wet are my tears, when was the last dry eye, how long since my frozen feet thawed,

How many shirts soaked up my sweat, on barmy days of despair or total joy.

How long and heavy was that bloody rain, thoroughly drenching my dreams, my hopes and Oh  my clothes.

How long did my dad hold me on his shoulders, how long ago was that 1st ever game,

how long was my first 

Leicester scarf, how long is it since I knew I hated refs, how long ago is it since I dont blame them anymore!!!

Now If you remember the Bell...not the dilly ding, dilly dong... but the The hotel.

Thats how long my piece of string must be, including the knots I have tied and tried to undo...!!

Mid 2000s, my dad had taken me to a few games including Bilbao at home where I proceeded to fall asleep and asked to go home at HT. 

It clicked when I was probably 7, I'd got into playing football at school and it was now time for my interest to be transferred into watching luminaries like Rab Douglas and Alan Maybury attempt to play the beautiful game on the hallowed turf of the Walkers :unsure:.

Probably around 94 aged 7 I started getting into it. Remember being excited at seeing MOTD for the first time when me old man let me stay up that late. Specifically remember one of the highlights reels not showing kick off in a particular game and I was super confused as I thought (expected) to see 90 mins of every game of the day! Haha.

remember watching the 95 cup final and being pleased Everton won cos all the kids in school supported Yanited the glory tramps. Now Leicester fans of course.

think my first game was against Wimbledon at filbo. 

First season ticket in 04-05. Last season ticket in 07-08. I really miss having a season ticket. Wish I'd never given that up but hindsight is a wonderful thing eh

46 years. My first memories of my beloved Leicester City were us winning the div 2 title in 1971.

First match was as an 8 year old to see us beat Liverpool 1-0 at Filbert Street in div 1 on 8th Jan 1972.

https://www.11v11.com/matches/leicester-city-v-liverpool-08-january-1972-81436/

I've been hooked ever since. More downs than ups but great memories and even the bad times didn't seem so bad when you were young. As you get older you start to realise that football is not a level playing field, especially in the era we live in now. That's what makes our 2016 Premier League title win even sweeter an so remarkable.

Then, now, forever.

Sorry to be a bore as I've already posted on this great thread before. But my Dad ( still alive and kicking ) and now aged 84 has been to all of the City's FA cup finals from 1949 to 1969.

Love it if I could take him to next year's final with Leicester getting there and winning .

Dad took me to City v. West Ham 1979 for my 6th birthday - sat behind a pillar upstairs in the double decker. Went now again until I went to University in '92 & then I becamw properly hooked. 

Now living in Bury St Edmunds me and young boys are members get to games as much as possible. Eldest son is a complete City encyclopedia! 

TBH, I've been a fan since winter 2015 when I saw them at the top of the table at Christmas. I was like "What is this team doing there?"

I had to check many different sites to make sure that they were at the top and not just a site glitch.

I never really supported a team in the EPL until Leicester because all the big teams were all fighting in the top 4 like a war or something.

Me too, still here and hooked!

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Exactly...you supporters are not real fans...too much supposing..!!!  :blink:

Don't suppose I can be called supporter since LCFC actually has none of my money. [emoji4] Yet. Next time across the pond I will see about catching a match!

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

I was always into football, but without a proper team.  My step-dad had been a life long Leicester fan and got me a season ticket for the 94/95 season and I instantly became a "fan", but I really became a proper "supporter" on a cold Wednesday night, November 23rd 1994.  We beat Arsenal 2-1 that night and my destiny was sealed.  Ironically, we haven't beaten them since!

Archived