Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Chester Bennington.

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

I absolutely adore Linkin Park, seen them live a number of times... but I'm not sad for him, how can you leave behind a family... how bad are your problems when you decide to take your own life and leave 6 children fatherless! I'm torn between gutted, saddened and p****d off.

You've really got absolutely no right to judge anyone suicidal until you've been in their shoes. Until you've felt what they have. 

If you want to discuss that further, by all means start a thread in Gen Chat. Otherwise we'll leave it be. 

But otherwise, keep an open mind. 

Really sad.

I remember reading he suffered some pretty bad sexual abuse as a child. Can't be easy to get over (but may be completely unrelated to his final decision).

It's easy to just see a famous person as something bigger than just a normal person. But he still has the same demons to get over - or situations to suffer. Money and fame can't really help - in fact I imagine it could make it worse.

RIP

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

I absolutely adore Linkin Park, seen them live a number of times... but I'm not sad for him, how can you leave behind a family... how bad are your problems when you decide to take your own life and leave 6 children fatherless! I'm torn between gutted, saddened and p****d off.

Bloody hell pal. 

You dont know what the guy was going through. It's awful this has happened and he felt the need to take his own life. 

People have lost their loved one here 

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Bloody hell pal. 

You dont know what the guy was going through. It's awful this has happened and he felt the need to take his own life. 

People have lost their loved one here 

Listen I'm sorry, I grew up and adored the guy and still do..but like why? What's been so bad in his life that he has felt the need to do this? I'm just more confused and yes I probably will never understand. It's just he leaves a family and children behind to pick up the pieces.

I'm not sure if it's because it's not sunk in yet but how do you explain that to the children? My thoughts are currently with his family and friends.

1 minute ago, Rusko187 said:

Listen I'm sorry, I grew up and adored the guy and still do..but like why? What's been so bad in his life that he has felt the need to do this? I'm just more confused and yes I probably will never understand. It's just he leaves a family and children behind to pick up the pieces.

I'm not sure if it's because it's not sunk in yet but how do you explain that to the children? My thoughts are currently with his family and friends.

The bloke was molested as a child and battled addiction all his life. What chance do we have of changing the attitude towards mental illness (particularly in younger men) with posts like this 

To be fair to Rusko, if you have never suffered from mental health issues i can imagine it really hard to understand how a sucessful musician, plenty of money and living the dream, having a family and 6 kids can then decide to end their own life.

I don't agree with him, but i don't think he came across that badly with the point he was making. 

Really sad to hear this.

Linkin Park were one of my favourite bands when I was growing up. I saw them quite a few times and had most of their albums. Its really sad to see that mental health problems have taken another life, depression really is awful.

I used to listen to alot of their stuff when growing up, particularly on Kerrang in the early 2000's so it was full of their Hybrid Theory songs and that was a part of my childhood. It's gutwrenchingly sad that someone so talented with a big family must've felt so low, alone and distant that they felt that this was the only choice. RIP.

Still coming to terms with his death waking up this morning and seeing all the pictures and reports and ultimately confirmation :(

You can tell how many demons he was trying to battle in virtually every song Linkin Park ever did whether it was released or not. 

I just hope he's at peace now. 

Saw them live in Manchester a couple of years back, missus is a massive fan.

What an absolute talent gone to waste and an unbelievable voice. His lyrics and vocals were a huge part of adolescence for people of my age, whether you were into them or not.

11 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

Well that's the thing, you have no idea what's going on behind closed doors. Same with Robin Williams, Gary Speed. 

No-one will ever know what's lead him to this. 

15 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

I know others have responded to this and I obviously don't want to sound like I am digging at you but there isn't an answer to why someone would do such a thing.

Put another spin on it, imagine how bad someone must be mentally to even go through with it.

I've lost a close family friend to suicide. They were the life and soul of the party and always "happy." Suddenly it all got too much. They left behind kids.

Mental health is now finally being taken very seriously. Without sounding patronising maybe read about it or reading the depression thread in the general section to get a gist on what people feel and go through.

13 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

I know others have responded to this and I obviously don't want to sound like I am digging at you but there isn't an answer to why someone would do such a thing.

Put another spin on it, imagine how bad someone must be mentally to even go through with it.

I've lost a close family friend to suicide. They were the life and soul of the party and always "happy." Suddenly it all got too much. They left behind kids.

Mental health is now finally being taken very seriously. Without sounding patronising maybe read about it or reading the depression thread in the general section to get a gist on what people feel and go through.

Honestly I don't feel that people are digging at me, we are all entitled to different views. I'm not directing hatred towards the guy, at the time of writing my initial post it was pure shock that he had done that, but what kind of effect him taking his own life have on his children was purely my point hence why I was asking what made him feel so bad that it was his only option. 

I understand about mental health I truly do, I do have bouts of depression but yes it's not quite to the extent he must have been feeling but there is help out there for people who need it. I don't agree with the stigma associated with mental health it and I do think  as a society we are coming on leaps and bounds with how people handle/deal and are treated/cared with it.

My point as badly put yesterday was my sympathy lies more with his family and friends who do have to live with what has happened. I do hope he has found peace but it comes at a cost to those whom he should put first, but I'm speculating.. I've never known someone on a personal level who has done this so I understand people are far better qualified to advise on what has happened.

Man, saw him perform live a couple of weeks ago and he was superb. No holds barred set with Chester and Shinoda putting on a fantastic 2hr plus set. Gutted is an understatement, Linkin Park were an essential sound track to the early years of our marriage and I've admired their bolder decisions to write whatever music style they want over the years.

Waiting for the End is my favourite song, glad I got to hear it live, but so, so sad and the lyrics being particularly poignant now. RIP Chester..

2 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

Honestly I don't feel that people are digging at me, we are all entitled to different views. I'm not directing hatred towards the guy, at the time of writing my initial post it was pure shock that he had done that, but what kind of effect him taking his own life have on his children was purely my point hence why I was asking what made him feel so bad that it was his only option. 

I understand about mental health I truly do, I do have bouts of depression but yes it's not quite to the extent he must have been feeling but there is help out there for people who need it. I don't agree with the stigma associated with mental health it and I do think  as a society we are coming on leaps and bounds with how people handle/deal and are treated/cared with it.

My point as badly put yesterday was my sympathy lies more with his family and friends who do have to live with what has happened. I do hope he has found peace but it comes at a cost to those whom he should put first, but I'm speculating.. I've never known someone on a personal level who has done this so I understand people are far better qualified to advise on what has happened.

No worries mate, it was understandable. When I was younger, I jumped to the same conclusion. I've had depression myself (never anywhere near the levels of this, though) so I can understand why he did it. 

Despite looking happy in interviews etc, no one can truly know what went on in Chester's mind other than Chester himself. Either way, It's still absolutely heart wrenching and I feel for his family and Shinoda, who he was like a brother to :(

Hybrid theory was one of my early album purchases. Listened to it for most of today and it really is a fantastic piece of work. Meteora too. Not so hot on the more recent stuff but my word this hit me hard. Such a big loss to the world.

rip Chester 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

That's actually just brought me to tears. 

likewise when I saw it. can't even begin to imagine how hard it was for him to try and get away from what went on inside his head and keeping occupied just to distract him from it. 

Archived