Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
baldeagle

One more signing

2 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Just read the Leicester Mercury on line  and it's said the owners have said Iheanacho is basically a done deal and there will be one more signing . Will you be happy wih that 

and they said 'at least one more signing'. Not definitively one more. 

Iheanacho will be the next signing. Then possibly more. 

Speaking before the Premier League Asia Trophy match against Liverpool, Srivaddhanaprabha explained that they are still awaiting an offer.

“There’s no real offer at the moment.

“We know his potential, but he also has to adapt to the team. If he performs well,  he’ll have his chance in the team.

“The transfer market now is really difficult to work with. I saw reports say that ‘the offers not good enough’, when actually there’s no offer at all,” the vice-president of Leicester City said.

Srivaddhanaprabha also confirmed that Leicester are keen to sign Manchester City ace Kelechi Iheanacho.

Despite Iheanacho’s impressive scoring record of a goal every 132 minutes last term, Guardiola is happy to offload the 20-year-old in the hope to further his development.

The Foxes target was absent as Manchester City began their pre-season tour, which sparked rumours of an imminent move to at the King Power Stadium.

The Leicester vice-president said: “Yes, we have interest in him. But we have to wait for Manchester City’s stance on this.

“If it happens, it will be soon.”

10 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

No. I would like a creative midfielder and a right back.

And... if Mahrez goes maybe additionally a creative player who can provide width. 

Even if he stays we need far more guile.... we got found out. 

Stop Fuchs ,drinky and Marhrez playing (only players who pass it forward) a deep defensive two centre halfs we're f###ked..

right back 

centre half 

fwd 

winger left side 

attacking midfielder 

5?

This summers business has been perfect in comparison to last year we've identified when we need to strengthen, replace and improve, gone out done it relatively early.

I still think we need another CB and probably RB, not to replace Simpson but support him and challenge.

I suppose Ihenacho is the marquee signing but I'd like to trump that with Sigurdsson however I can't see it happening.

Another two or three after Ihenacho and it'll be on paper our best transfer window I'd say, in reality well that remains to be seen and time will tell how they perform.

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

and they said 'at least one more signing'. Not definitively one more. 

Iheanacho will be the next signing. Then possibly more. 

Sorry my mistake , I know it says  at least one more but what I meant to say was would you be happy if it was only one more 

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

This summers business has been perfect in comparison to last year we've identified when we need to strengthen, replace and improve, gone out done it relatively early.

I still think we need another CB and probably RB, not to replace Simpson but support him and challenge.

I suppose Ihenacho is the marquee signing but I'd like to trump that with Sigurdsson however I can't see it happening.

Another two or three after Ihenacho and it'll be on paper our best transfer window I'd say, in reality well that remains to be seen and time will tell how they perform.

Agree, but seem to remember being happy with last summer's as well

6 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Agree, but seem to remember being happy with last summer's as well

I don't seem to remember having an opinion on last summer, I think my opinion was abit 'meh', uninspired but thought we'd get by with what we'd got so wasn't overly concerned although it was so obvious what we needed.

I guess hindsight is a wonderful thing though.

Iheanacho plus someone who can play RB and CB could be enough and we could then lose Mendy, Musa, Amartey and possibly Benny without being short.

The thought of an attacking central midfielder with goals in them is very appealing but it would change the way we play and unless they have the same work rate and desire to track back and dig in then we could become way too open. In the meantime if we're chasing a game we could bring on Lawrence for Drinky to be a little more attacking. 

The CB situation depends on whether we trust Benny when he's called upon, he was subbed a couple of times last season and has that reckless streak in him. If we are happy with him then just cover for RB could be enough, if not then maybe someone who can cover both positions (like Amartey theoretically does although we've been reluctant to play him at CB).

Maguire looks a very good signing at a good age it's addressed half of the problem of our first choice CB's running out of years remaining and in the meantime if any two of the three are fit and suspension free for every game I'd be happy with that. We saw towards the end of the season that the season (albeit one with 10 Champions League matches) caught up with them so a quality replacement became essential.

Archived