Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Southern Fox

Danny Drinkwater

He's always been excellent in my book. You don't become a shite player over a few months.

He's hungry, been held back, starved of first team football and desperate to prove his point.

That Pearson is a clever b'stard if you think about it.

He's always been excellent in my book. You don't become a shite player over a few months.

He's hungry, been held back, starved of first team football and desperate to prove his point.

That Pearson is a clever b'stard if you think about it.

Imagine when Knockaert plays against QPR last day of the season ;)

I wouldn't put it past Pearson to do exactly that! AK must be chomping at the bit!

Pearson has used his squad wisely and those that have been rested are fit and raring to go.

Smart management in my book.

people were actually saying he's been diabolical this season? Sub-par, yes. Diabolical, absolutely not.

looked good yesterday, showed composure on the ball and i'd like to see him playing next season when King's no longer in his purple patch

• 2 years later...
5 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

On a positive note Drinkwater since he's been here has alternated between poor and brilliant seasons meaning next year he's due another good one

Always coincides with us winning our division too :cool:.

On 09/04/2015 at 16:19, 4ever and ever said:

As was shown earlier in the thread he has had 15 starts which I have seen every single one of them including every single game James has played this season so yes I feel I can comment on what I believe shows that drinkwater is not good enough to play in this league for us

Just reading back on some old threads with the benefit of hindsight it's quite funny. 

How much do you regret this one now? ?

11 minutes ago, Unclenobhead said:

Just reading back on some old threads with the benefit of hindsight it's quite funny. 

How much do you regret this one now? ?

Bet there's some corkers in the vardy thread!

3 goals in 3 prem seasons is the worry I have with Drinkwater. He needs to score more. he's had Cambiasso Kante and half a season with Ndidi. A top player should be aiming at least half a dozen playing with those. We need to score more from players other than Vardy and Mahrez. If he can chip in with more goals then it would take him to the next level.

8 hours ago, desertfox2 said:

3 goals in 3 prem seasons is the worry I have with Drinkwater. He needs to score more. he's had Cambiasso Kante and half a season with Ndidi. A top player should be aiming at least half a dozen playing with those. We need to score more from players other than Vardy and Mahrez. If he can chip in with more goals then it would take him to the next level.

He doesn't need to score more whatsoever. Especially not with the style of play Leicester adopt. Do you expect him to put a 60yard ball over the top for Vardy and get in the box to finish the move off? 

16 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

He doesn't need to score more whatsoever. Especially not with the style of play Leicester adopt. Do you expect him to put a 60yard ball over the top for Vardy and get in the box to finish the move off? 

It depends what you want. I love DD as a player and every other aspect of his game is top draw. Even though he wasn't at his best last season, but neither were the side. But I remember reading In Fergusons book for example regardless of how good a CM was he always asked himself will he get me enough goals from midfield. DD scored 8 for us in the Championship promotion season. 3 in 3 prem seasons is not enough for someone of his calibre. He can and should be banging in a few more.

19 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Don't even think he was bad last season, just wasn't as creative as in the title winning season, but let's face it, who was? 

He was about the only player that turned up at the start of the season IMO, but then drifted as the season went on. Apparently was struggling with injury for most of the year.

Archived